• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

SoCal to ALMS Caravan Thread

I passed on the Friday lunch thing, I didn't think my wife would want to get up that early.

Lets hear from the other caravan participants...did you sign up for lunch Friday?

Mario,

I'm definitely leaving Thursday due to the 8am -6pm schedule on Friday. Please sign me up for Thursday's caravan. Thanks

-Henry

Hello Henry,

It would be great to have another NSX to continue up with us from SLO while the OC group heads up to Paso Robles. Since you are to the south, you should try to hook up with the OC group at their starting point or somewhere along the 405. If that is not possible, you can join CDX_NSX and me at the place where we will be meeting up with the OC group, which has yet to be determined, but will likely be at an off ramp some where along the 101 Ventura Freeway west of the 405 interchange.

Good luck in getting Thursday off.

Mario

Sorry Guys, last minute change of plans, I won't be able to make this trip.
:(

Sorry Guys, last minute change of plans, I won't be able to make this trip.
:(

Bummer...this is a trip you don't want to miss.:frown:

This is the Friday A.M. Group so far...

Big D Temecula
9doors Redlands
CKS Papa Northridge
ryneen +1 ? Longbeach
Heeltoe914

Myself and 9doors were thinking of meeting at Beryl Park, then on up to the 101 and meet up with CKS Papa and the rest of the bunch.

Does anyone have a radar detector? I have a pair of cheap 2 way radios.

Big D Temecula
9doors Redlands
CKS Papa Northridge
ryneen +1 ? Longbeach
Heeltoe914

Myself and 9doors were thinking of meeting at Beryl Park, then on up to the 101 and meet up with CKS Papa and the rest of the bunch.

I have a Valentine One. I have two club radios. Both will be in use, since my guest (Patty) will be joining us in her s2000. She also has a detector, Beltronics, not sure which model.

On the cheap radio side, we have 6...I have 2, my wife has another two, and so does Patty. I wasn't planning on bringing them though.

I think we need to start discussing who is throwing a party Friday and Saturday night. I vote we all meet in Big_D's room LOL!

Also, for those who have never seen an ALMS race, you are in for a real treat. I've seen at least two ALMS races at Laguna Seca over the past few years. The four classes of race cars all racing at the same time is special, and I really like Laguna Seca because it is a really fan friendly track. You can walk around much of the track to get different view vantages. Even though we will have a dedicated grandstands and tent before turn 5, I strongly suggest that everyone walk up the hill to watch a part of the race along the famous "cork screw". Bring folding chairs, because there is no seating.

I'm really looking forward to caravaning up to Monterey (I'm in the Thursday straight through group) and attending all three track days. I'm also excited to be able to get together with so many other NSX owners. Its going to be a great weekend!

Mario

Last edited:
I think we need to start discussing who is throwing a party Friday and Saturday night. I vote we all meet in Big_D's room LOL!
Mario

Mario, your such a party animal.:smile: Are we going to close the bars down... again? Looking forward to it!

Dennis

Not this time Dennis, the last time all we had to do was walk/stumble to our rooms. This time someone is going to have to drive, not a smart thing to do in an NSX attention getter. Lets not, but said we did!

Update I will be able to get off work Thur, so I will move to maybe joining that group going up. See ya there.

Party who said party??????? Dancing my lady and I are there.

Heeltoe914, We would love to have you join us for the Thursday caravan. You'll need to decide if you will go straight through to Monterey with me and a copupe of other Primers, or stay in Paso Robles with the OC group and then drive up to Monterey early Friday morning,

Mario

Not this time Dennis, the last time all we had to do was walk/stumble to our rooms. This time someone is going to have to drive, not a smart thing to do in an NSX attention getter. Lets not, but said we did!

Good Idea Mario, Keep it down to a manageable level. I'm staying at the Hilton Gardin Inn so I won't have that problem.

Where is everyone on the Friday caravan staying?

Big D Temecula
9doors Redlands
CKS Papa Northridge
ryneen +1 ? Longbeach
Heeltoe914

I would like to be added to the Friday morning group caravan as well if that is okay. Being that I am coming from Hesperia (furthest North), I will meet 9doors and Big_D at Beryl Park. Did you guys decide on a time to meet there? One post said 10:30 but was that confirmed? Please let me know so I can meet up with everyone. Thanks.

Big D Temecula
9doors Redlands
CKS Papa Northridge
ryneen +1 ? Longbeach
Heeltoe914
Semnos_NSX Hesperia

Steve! Glad you got a ticket! :biggrin:

So, we're at:

Big D Temecula
9doors + 1 Redlands
CKS Papa Northridge
ryneen +1 ? Longbeach
Heeltoe914
Semnos_NSX Hesperia

Everyone please confirm that you are in for Friday. Heeltoe914, you in on Friday or are you joining the Thursday group?

Can we move the east-side meeting @ Beryl Park to 10:00am? Steve, Dennis, does this work for you?

West-siders, you've never responded to the earlier "meeting location" posts. Where do you want to meet along the 101?

As for a route, I propose:
US 101
CA 154 (for a little fun)
US 101
CA 1 @ SLO

Please suggest an alternative, else this will be our route.

Radios. Who has 'em, and are they "club radios"?

Let's start nailing down some details.

:smile:

I am definitely in for the Friday morning caravan. 10:00am at Beryl Park works for me! As far as a route, the proposed one sounds good also. I don't currently have a club radio but am looking to see if I can pick one up before we go.....we'll see.

@ Beryl Park to 10:00am...I think I can swing that. I guess I'll leave my house around 9:00 a.m. then.

The route sounds fine to me. I just have a pair of cheap 2-way radios...but they work.

9Doors, I'll shoot you a pm to give you my cell phone #. That way we can keep each other informed. Any body else want to join on the Friday caravan?

im going up with buddies. wont have a change to drive up with youguys but where willl the nSX prime booth be?

i would like to drop by and say hi. :smile:

West-siders, you've never responded to the earlier "meeting location" posts. Where do you want to meet along the 101?

From Northridge, I was planning on taking the 118 to 23 to the 101.
We can meet up somewhere in Thousand Oaks, Newbury Park area.
You guys don't have to stop and meet someplace, I can just slow down or speed up accordingly along the 101 until I see a bunch of excellent looking cars. You can call me when you are in the LAX area, (are you guys taking the 405 to the 101?) that will be my cue to leave the house.
I suspect you'll get to TO around 11:30?
If you do want to stop and meet, how about the Camarillo or Oxnard outlet store? Maybe have lunch around there?
I don't have club radio but I'll bring my 2 way radios.
I'll PM you guys my cell phone number.

You guys might have to disregard this post if I can convince the wife to leave for Monterey after my work at 1 AM Friday :eek:
After reading tk's last email, I want to see Danica at the Acura Driver's visit at 12:30 PM on Friday.
I will let you know.

Perry

Back