• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Sold my NSX, bought a Viper GTS and now I regret it...

I always liked the Viper GTS, but the overall quality kept me away. Get another NSX and all will be right with the world. :)

I always admired your nsx. It was flawless in so many ways. The viper does have a nice appeal to it but compared to the nsx, it just dosen't add up. Reliability with the vipers is pretty bad too. And i agree with aero's comment, it has neon parts in it. The controls are so much similiar to a neon it's sad. If i had a choice i would have kept and nsx and bought the viper as well. That makes a fine collection imo.

I always admired your nsx. It was flawless in so many ways. The viper does have a nice appeal to it but compared to the nsx, it just dosen't add up. Reliability with the vipers is pretty bad too. And i agree with aero's comment, it has neon parts in it. The controls are so much similiar to a neon it's sad. If i had a choice i would have kept and nsx and bought the viper as well. That makes a fine collection imo.

Saying the Viper uses neon parts is just as bad and ignorant as saying NSX's use accord/civic parts. Even if they were similar, it is the Neon that copied the Vipers parts. Vipers have been out since the early 90's. Neons came out in what? mid 90's? Does a Ford GT use Focus parts? Come on now

I don't understand why your driving season is so short. I am up in Minneapolis and have been driving mine since early April. I expect to drive it into November or so as long as there is no snow or ice......Steve

Saying the Viper uses neon parts is just as bad and ignorant as saying NSX's use accord/civic parts. Even if they were similar, it is the Neon that copied the Vipers parts. Vipers have been out since the early 90's. Neons came out in what? mid 90's? Does a Ford GT use Focus parts? Come on now

I agree completely.

Someday, just to be able to enjoy the brute power, I may buy a Viper. Hopefully Ill have the garage space, and cash to be able to keep my 02 Nsx, and own a Viper at the same time in addition to my other cars... :wink:

We all have favorite cars and being on the NSX site, likely the NSX is our favorite. I love my NSX, she is named Culican and I name all my cars cause their like my little girls....

But, I have to admit that my favorite is my '98 M3. She has been the most reliable, fun, great handling, do it all car for me. Since I got her new, I have only changed brakes twice, one clutch, one water pump and 5 sets of tires. Here is the best part about Maggie(M3), she has 198,900 miles on her and eight 2 day BMW Driving Schools under her belt. Nothing has come close to her endurance, reliability and sheer fun.

I had a chance to drive Culican at the 2005 NSX Fest in Phoenix and she was a lot of fun. Since it was my first time on the track with a mid engine car, it took a session or two to get the feel for the tendecy of the tail to slide out under trail breaking. Unlike the BMW's tendency to understeer, the NSX was extreamly fun inducing and then compensating for oversteer.

See you on the track....

We all have favorite cars and being on the NSX site, likely the NSX is our favorite. I love my NSX, she is named Culican and I name all my cars cause their like my little girls....

But, I have to admit that my favorite is my '98 M3. She has been the most reliable, fun, great handling, do it all car for me. Since I got her new, I have only changed brakes twice, one clutch, one water pump and 5 sets of tires. Here is the best part about Maggie(M3), she has 198,900 miles on her and eight 2 day BMW Driving Schools under her belt. Nothing has come close to her endurance, reliability and sheer fun.

I had a chance to drive Culican at the 2005 NSX Fest in Phoenix and she was a lot of fun. Since it was my first time on the track with a mid engine car, it took a session or two to get the feel for the tendecy of the tail to slide out under trail breaking. Unlike the BMW's tendency to understeer, the NSX was extreamly fun inducing and then compensating for oversteer.

See you on the track....

Wow I sure hope my E46 M3 turns out to be that reliable. Seems as though as far as reliability the E36 M3 was the best.

The VR4 is mine also. The 3000GT VR4 was my first car that I was really passionate about. I have owned 11 of them including three Spyder VR4s over the last six years. It may not be the most nimble or fastest car ever but I have always loved the ahead of its time styling.

I have been into imports since I started driving seven years ago.

I cannot even fathom what you've paid in sales tax at the time of registration on all of the cars you've purchased over seven years! My goodness, you could maybe have bought one or two other cars for what you paid in taxes, am i correct?:eek:

Wow I sure hope my E46 M3 turns out to be that reliable. Seems as though as far as reliability the E36 M3 was the best.

Yes, I agree the E36 M3 is the best in reliability. I had the 2003 E46 as a company car and loved it but it was the first car I did not keep. My Maggie and the miles we logged making sales in Socal made it possible for me to get the other cars hence she always has a special place in my heart:smile:

Back