• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Some of you may appreciate this

Now you've done it, you removed the OEM air box! :biggrin:

Only thing I noticed is you may want to isolate the
braided hose as it pass's under the car.
Keep us up to date with photos!
What are your plans for this car?

Its really great to hear all the input and know that you guys like what I am doing:) A lot of the parts on the car are just mocked up for now and not in their final state. Some small improvements will still be made, things such as the oil return line for the turbo(the braided line) will be getting a thermal barrier to protect it from the heat of the header, and the intercooler piping will all be polished. My purpose for this car is to have fun in the construction process as this is definitely my passion, and also to demonstrate my capabilities for perfection in the building process. I am opening a workshop in the Seattle area in the next 8 weeks and this car will be my demonstration vehicle.

Ravi

I needed a way to add a bead to the edges of the intercooler piping to help prevent the hose from popping off under boost. I found a local sheet metal shop with a bead roller that would fit inside of the aluminum piping sections. I was able to roll a nice bead into the piping, the last pic is of the hks super sequential blow off valve installed.

Attachments

• tuesday1.jpg
    tuesday1.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 1,791
  • tuesday2.jpg
    tuesday2.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 1,766
  • tuesday3.jpg
    tuesday3.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 1,765
  • tuesday4.jpg
    tuesday4.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 1,814
I was a little hesitant to post, but...I wish I understood half of the stuff you are even doing. I have no idea what the intercooler does.. and, is that a turbo UNDER the car???? :eek:

I am at a loss, anybody care to explain to an engine novice what we have going on here in terms that an idiot can understand? :smile:

Ravi...........Your the man! :cool: :biggrin: :cool: :biggrin: :cool: :biggrin:
Keep up the good work! :biggrin:

here is the lexan rear hatch with cooling slots machined into it. at the moment it is just sitting on top of the stock glass. Tomorrow I will tackle the install. the intercooler will be shrouded and have a seal where it meets with the hatch. electric fans will be placed under the intercooler to draw in cool air.

Attachments

• wed.jpg
    wed.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 4,310
If that is an air-to-air intercooler, where is it getting its are to cool? Why not water-to-air?

EDIT: I did not see those cooling slots. Will that be enough though?

KANE said:
the intercooler will be shrouded and have a seal where it meets with the hatch. electric fans will be placed under the intercooler to draw in cool air.

Are you going to integrate some sort of rain gutters or will this be a strictly dry-weather car?

Just droped in from over the pond.... one word.....WOW :smile:

Looking forward to seeing the completed project.

For now I am not going to, I am going to use the fans beneath the intercooler first and it should perform well. If I need more airflow later on I will consider a scoop, but I really don't want to if I don't have to.

coolest thread I have seen in a while. Is this a basically custom fabbed setup, or are you going off of someone elses design? Do you have any HP Goals for this setup? And id you modifiy any of the engine's internals, fuel setup, etc to allow for safe FI?

Oh yea, what shop is this being done at... I would seriously consider shipping my car there to have very similar work done. It looks like everything is top notch, and I would like to give these people my business when the time comes.

on the turbo some prefabbed parts but mostly custom. Work performed by mainly myself. I am opening my own shop by the end of the month so drop me a line

Back