• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Some random A-hole keyed my car

I live in the suburbs of St. Louis and yesterday I had a work appointment downtown right around the lunch hour. I drove downtown and parked on the street in a meter on a side street in a nice area of downtown surrounded by highrise office buildings.

As I pull up, I see a homeless looking gent walking by that asks if my car is a Ferrari. (obviously he doesn't know cars well if he mistakes a Jag XF Supercharged for a Ferrari) I politely tell him what it is and he mumbles something and laughs that sounds like a compliment so I smile and say "Thanks man" and go on to my appointment.

I was in the appt for about 45 minutes and when I return to my car, I see that the passenger side rear 1/4 panel has been keyed...GOOD! It's about a foot long and deep. Since it was a one way street, the jerk actually had to walk in the traffic side of the car to do it! No beef with anybody, nobody knows me there, didn't cut anyone off, nothing...just a random act of vandalism.

The only thing I can gather is the homeless guy, but can't imagine he cared enough to come all the way back. (saw him walk a few blocks down before I went in the office building) In addition, he was being nice and complimenting me. This was NOT a busy street or a busy day. It REALLY pisses me off! I take it to a body shop that I trust and there is no way it can be buffed out. I have to get it painted!!!! Ugh! What the hell is wrong with people these days. Just insane how little respect someone has for another's property!

that sucks man. I would be pissed. but wouldnt be pissed to long cuz then they got to you. f-em

I think the class warfare meme is starting to take hold. I wouldn't be surprised to see more of this in the future. :frown:

Sucks, I wish there was more penalty for vandalism and theft then there is now. I used to lose so much sleep after my car was stolen. In fact it still messes with me.

btw you spelled Porshce wrong in your sig :cool:

When it gets repainted are they going to do it RIGHT? Like, 23 step aircraft job? Just wondering

Sorry to hear about it, hopefully karma takes into effect on whoever did it

'time for the rich to pay their fair share'

I'm in St. Louis too, and have had 2 friends get their cars keyed in the last couple of months. Makes me sick when I look at their cars and also thinking of it happening to mine. I agree that this economy has got people really pissed off and that frustration is easily relieved by passing it on to the "rich". Hard to believe that hurting someone else relieves the frustration, but it seems that's what's happening. I do understand how the haters feel about others having nice things that they will never have, and that their financial woes are many times not their fault in an economy that cannot provide jobs for those that want them. Lashing out is all that's left them. The Arab-Spring shows us how desparation can easily lead to violence.

Wrong place - Wrong time - could happen to any of us! Be glad it was your car and not you :redface:.

No one ever keys my cars.

The murdered out look gives the gangsta effect......

Hope you have some wood to knock on. :eek:

My thought is 90% of the people that key cars are boys from the ages 9-15. I can't see many adults doing this unless they have a beef with you. Kids on the other hand are very random.

My thought is 90% of the people that key cars are boys from the ages 9-15. I can't see many adults doing this unless they have a beef with you. Kids on the other hand are very random.

You have a beef with me. Should my paint be worried?

Yeah this is a strange one. Not a residential area, no kids around, just a few people here and there going to and from work and the one homeless guy. I doubt it was him or he even had a key to scratch it. That side street was dead so no idea how I got singled out.

i'd post a sign in your window letting everyone out there know you are the Supergoderator and therefore not to be fawked with.

that's how i roll. My sign says i KNOW the supergoderator. Works every time.

Back