• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Some Update of Kensx450's car

1TITENSX said:
LOL….I was looking for the finished product but not only was it posted in another thread but not by the original owner :rolleyes: Here is my .02 on it. I noticed that when the BRS kit was first introduced, people mostly had good things to say about it. Not taking into account the color, the kit is basically the same as the first one below. The only differences were the wing and rims. I think the kit looks hot so whoever does it will get props from me. For now, I don’t think the rims are meshing with the car right. Maybe if you did a BBK kit or did some attention to detail to the brake/rotor area. Also, the rims don’t have the right offset in the front. See the BRS kit below for comparison. I’ve never really liked the JGTC wings so I like your wing as it is now. So what else is left to do :confused:

Also note that BRS has IMHO, introduced the only widebody kit that looks identical to the real JGTC NSXs. LOL, for those who think it looks like cardboard...that's how the real JGTC NSXs look like so I guess they look like cardboard to :rolleyes: See pic below for comparison.
Yes, the JGTC looks like cardboards. If you haven't noticed by now, a lot of the race cars got equipment on them only for the functions without much considerations for look. To each his own, but IMO, JGTC NSX, especially the newer ones look crappy as street cars. With the racing graphics, contrasting colors, super low stance, huge rims/tires, blinding speed, intoxicating exhaust note of a true race car, its appeal is simply more than just the summations of the body panels. I think the 5 very exclusive NSX-R GT look like shit with the extended scoops but without the racing graphics/colors, wheels, and the super low stance. If one wants to put a JGTC look on a car, one should go all out full blown or you will end up having a rice car instead. Then of course in practical sense, you just cannot put a JGTC on the street without breaking all the lower body panels driving down the street. Granted, this car is not fully done yet, but I doubt seriously that it will ever come close to have the true JGTC look when it is done. We frequently laugh at Civics/Integras for having scoops, wings, little spats, half ass done stuffs and call them rice. Why all of a sudden, when we have here a TARGA top car with all these add- ons, cardboard stuff, and half ass JGTC look, you call it beautiful? :rolleyes:
Well, beauty is in the eye of beholder. It is his car and he can do whatever with it. But in a forum, we just make comments positive or negative for sake of discussion. To each his own. To me, the car does not look right.
Steve

Great point! On a race/track car the kits are fine as long as they serve a function, but on a street car they look ugly :frown:

This NSX need JGTC style headlights and a black wing. IMO :wink:

Attachments

• jgtc light.jpg
    jgtc light.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 2,145
Last edited:
great yellow beast

I would give it a perfect 10 if the front canards are not there.

6049DSC00067R.JPG

This is the look that I am looking for. Conservative and very sportive a the same time. Reminds me of the 575 GTC road version. I like it very very much. BTW how much is the total cost of getting the front bumper and sideskirts in USD please?

Zero-Cool said:
This NSX need JGTC style headlights and a black wing. IMO :wink:

Jin,

Do you want a price on the BRS GT front bumper and skirts? If yes I'm sorry but BRS does not sell piece by piece this kit is only offered as a whole kit.

I was referring to this one. The BRS is fine but I am after a more conservative look.

attachment.php

iasports said:
Jin,

Do you want a price on the BRS GT front bumper and skirts? If yes I'm sorry but BRS does not sell piece by piece this kit is only offered as a whole kit.

"OMG, my eyes!" Every time I look at that yellow car, I have to say it. However, don't worry about it, it's the owner's money. You can do whatever you want to it it it pleases you.

Jin1976 said:
I was referring to this one. The BRS is fine but I am after a more conservative look.

attachment.php
Yes, I agree with Jin this is the exact look I am looking for. The front bumper and side skirts look awesome. Are the lights OEM and painted black?

Interesting car......just not my cup of tea. I like taking the original lines of the NSX (which are beautiful) and adding a subtle flair to them. That car is like an earthquake. :D

I like the rims but the rear ones are way too wide for the tires they have on. Tires are designed to be flexing in the sidewall area, not in the bead area like the tires on this one are doing. I would urge the owner to put the right rubber ASAP.

OK, we are all entitled to our own opinion right?? FUGLY!!!!!!!

apapada said:
I like the rims but the rear ones are way too wide for the tires they have on. Tires are designed to be flexing in the sidewall area, not in the bead area like the tires on this one are doing. I would urge the owner to put the right rubber ASAP.

I bought a set of wheels/tires from someone that had the tires very much the same way but a tad more extreme that than. I coudln't believe someone would actually drive the car like that.
I have since sold them.

I see this unfortunately too often. People gone just crazy with mods and spend thousands and thousands of $$$ for non functional "look fast" goodies, and when it comes to the parts that really matter for the safety of the driver and others (brakes, tires, struts,..), the same people cut corners and become cheap. Talking about having your priorities mixed up... :confused:

I think the brs kit is the widest out right now. I bet this car looks mean from the back! can we get a few more pics? I respect the quality of construction of the car, and also think it looks great. I have been dying to try this kit out and see if it is built as well as I have been told it is. My personal taste would have been to leave the diffusor and front canards/splitter in raw carbon though, it might help to give the car a little more contrast.

Kensx450

The updated looks get my 11 out of 10. Looks extremely nice without the front canards and a bonus for having the front lips and lower rear wing. :biggrin:

Cantrell's kit looks x 100 better.

That kit looks like its made from Lego. :confused:
Not my cup of tea at all.

Back