• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Soon to be new owner!

Hello to all,

My name is Dennis and I am from So. Calif. I have been lurking here for quite a while and I am very excited about finally finding the right car after a long and exhaustive search. After numerous Carfax reports, countless emails and forum searches I am ready to take the plunge.

I am flying to the Seattle area next week to test drive and (hopefully) take delivery of the car. I have really appreciated all the great information contained within these forums. My sincere thanks to all.

The car is a 1991 Black on Black and I am purchasing it from the original owner.

Wish me luck:biggrin:

Just a question... having read a number of threads relating to cars not turning out as described ... have you had a prime member or in the area scope the vehicle or had a PPI done before you make the trip. As someone who has not done this in the past and been very dispappointed when I actually got to see the car up close and personal, it's always a good idea if possible.

Best of luck!

smithk3933 said:
Just a question... having read a number of threads relating to cars not turning out as described ... have you had a prime member or in the area scope the vehicle or had a PPI done before you make the trip. As someone who has not done this in the past and been very dispappointed when I actually got to see the car up close and personal, it's always a good idea if possible.

Best of luck!

This is wise advice! Especially when I have just learned that the car has been involved in an accident and the owner was hesitant to divulge the information.

First, it was just a minor traffic incident involving just the hood and bumper, then I kept pestering him and he admitted that it involved the fenders also. When I couldn't sleep last night, I called him and insisted that he FAX me a copy of the Repair Invoice.

This turned out to be $8200 worth of parts,body labor, and paint work! Then as it gets worse. On the repair order it shows tieing the car down and manipulating the floor to get it back to spec...:mad:

This guy was insisting that the car was fine and advertised it as "FLAWLESS"

YEAH RIGHT...the search is back on!

Thanks Again. I will insist in a PPI and hopefully get someone to glance at the car before jumping on a plane.

BTW, Anybody in Golden COLO want to look at a car for me???

Big_D said:
This turned out to be $8200 worth of parts,body labor, and paint work! Then as it gets worse. On the repair order it shows tieing the car down and manipulating the floor to get it back to spec...:mad:

Meh.. $8200 could be a relatively minor front end repair done well.

I wouldnt walk away from the car so easily. A large amount of cars have been in some sort of accident, and one that has been in an accident and then had 8 grand thrown at it might be worth continuing to look at, especially since you can get his asking price down now.

arnach said:
Meh.. $8200 could be a relatively minor front end repair done well.

I wouldnt walk away from the car so easily. A large amount of cars have been in some sort of accident, and one that has been in an accident and then had 8 grand thrown at it might be worth continuing to look at, especially since you can get his asking price down now.

IF it werent for the structural manipulation, I might have continued on and flew up there to take a look. Thats okay, there are still more to look at. I would rather be safe than sorry.

Big_D said:
IF it werent for the structural manipulation, I might have continued on and flew up there to take a look. Thats okay, there are still more to look at. I would rather be safe than sorry.

Sorry to hear about that. If your gut feeling is to walk away, I'd follow it. You'll find one you'll be happy with in time.....good luck in your search

Shkrmvr said:
Sorry to hear about that. If your gut feeling is to walk away, I'd follow it. You'll find one you'll be happy with in time.....good luck in your search

Thanks, I am determined to be patient and wait for the right vehicle to come along, no matter how long it takes.

I really don't appreciate dishonest owners who try to sell you their junk. You can read my experience with another car on the forum...I drove from DC to Florida a few weekends ago, told by the owner on the phone that the car was excellent condition, only to get there to find that the car was a complete mess. Other forum members had known about it also. I wish we can all post up information about all cars for sale...this is a forum and thats what its for...to let the masses know the most information possible. I most likely would not have even wasted my time checking out that car in FL if I had seen the posts from Tokyo Joe and others who've viewed the car before me. Could you post up some info on the car you were lookin at...post the owner's username etc. so that the owner wont try to dupe others into a car that has been in an accident and not tell them the full story. Please, enlighten everyone with your research so that we don't re-invent the wheel.

A good front end hit on an NSX will cost 40k plus to repair. It involves cutting the frame at the firewall and welding in a new section. All the panels in front are replaced.

Good Luck - there are plenty of good NSX's for sale. Next time ask a local NSX owner to inspect the car. Atleast they can take a good look at the car and highlight the positives and the negatives.

Big_D said:
Thanks, I am determined to be patient and wait for the right vehicle to come along, no matter how long it takes.

This one caught my eye in the For Sale section. Except for that nasty carbon fiber center console it has nice mods, is priced right, appears to have been properly maintained and looks great in the photos. Plus it's a '93 which is the best year to own anyway. :)

Hugh said:
This one caught my eye in the For Sale section. Except for that nasty carbon fiber center console it has nice mods, is priced right, appears to have been properly maintained and looks great in the photos. Plus it's a '93 which is the best year to own anyway. :)

that's one of my buddy's NSX.. i didn't know he was selling.. i moved to atlanta.. but it is one clean NSX for sure.. he took care of the car and it's in great shape.. only drove it on weekends..

Looks like Dennis found one!!! He's picking it up this weekend. I'll let him disclose the details, but CONGRATS!!! It looks like you found one that was worth the wait!

Back