• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Sorry guys - new NSX replacement is dead

I agree. "The development of the NSX successor model equipped with V10 engine will be cancelled."

Could be read that there is another engine and just the V10 is dead.

The show ain’t over until Honda says it’s over: Honda NSX concept coming to Detroit?

http://www.egmcartech.com/2008/12/3...its-over-honda-nsx-concept-coming-to-detroit/

dun. dun. dun.
:biggrin: Yeah!

A few weeks ago, Honda's CEO says NSX is finished.

Now, Another company says it is not over.

Who do you believe?

My fingers are crossed as lately Honda keeps following Toyotas lead. Plus perhaps there was some backlash that caused them to rethink the decision. Don't know don't care as long as it's really there:biggrin:

Maybe the part when they said no NSX replacement with V10 (emphasis added) actually meant no V10 NSX replacement, leaving the door open for a different motor. Twin turbo V8?

I still think a twin-turbo V6 HSC was the way to go.

I seriously doubt Honda going turbo

I agree. "The development of the NSX successor model equipped with V10 engine will be cancelled."

Could be read that there is another engine and just the V10 is dead.

Ha I said this and even started a thread on it and they all laughed .....HaHa!

Yea that does make more sense. Why build a V10 that you cant share with the rest of the lineup.

Perhaps they will just debut their V8 in it. What better way to show off their new engine. Then they can drop the price of the new NSX. :cool:

Yea that does make more sense. Why build a V10 that you cant share with the rest of the lineup.

Perhaps they will just debut their V8 in it. What better way to show off their new engine. Then they can drop the price of the new NSX. :cool:

Well the rumors were that the a detuned version of the V10 could show up in the new RL in a few years. So it would be shared.

Why? They did it with the RDX. Plus lots of companies are going turbo now as it appears economical.

RDX is a truck. Honda has never shown much interest in turbos. The RDX is still a mystery that doesn't show any signs of duplication. More than likely they would go V8 or best scenario would be a V6 with a light weight platform but that was what killed the HSC to begin with.

Not unexpected given the global financial climate.

The NSX replacement is dead...long live the NSX.

and as I've been saying...the Lotus Evora will be the official NSX offspring...

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108626&highlight=evora

I have the second this statement as it seems Lotus is on to something with the Evora. Only thing I wished was they used the 306hp version from the IS350 instead of the typical Camry fair V6. I beleive though that TRD is working on a SC setup for the Toyota Fair V6 which would make R&D costs much cheaper for Lotus if they started with this setup.

http://www.lotuscars.com/evora/

But the 75k price is appealing for a 2+.2 Seating ;) and MR under 3000#s

Keiichi Tsuchiya once said, "It is a pity Honda to stop producing the NSX (1991-2005)... they should improve the engine and remain using the wonderful current chassis"..

i believe honda should improve the engine (more bhp)... develop a reliable FI engine... :tongue:

the current chassis is one of the greatest chassis ever produced...

Keiichi Tsuchiya once said, "It is a pity Honda to stop producing the NSX (1991-2005)... they should improve the engine and remain using the wonderful current chassis"..

i believe honda should improve the engine (more bhp)... develop a reliable FI engine... :tongue:

the current chassis is one of the greatest chassis ever produced...

Jeremy Clarkson, "It's a shame they're dropping the NSX. 18 years of this thing!"

It was appreciated, it was just too special number sold wise.

The cancellation of the Prelude signalled a waning interest in being leading edge. Then Integra & S2000 long long model life cycles...

Been through two Civics, two Integras, currently 92 NSX and 08 Odyssey along with a G35. Could likely use the tin hat here but find the G35 offering a very similar feel / driving enjoyment to the NSX. Maybe a 2010 Skyline then (though its no where near as pure a sports car as the lightweight NSX - thoroughly enjoy how the NSX is competitive with half the engine, half the tires, half the... than a lot of its competition but if its unavailable...).

Hopefully will see a 15/16 F1 season again but may be another 10 years.

From Autocar today... seems like EVERYTHING interesting from Honda is dead. Not that this isn't a good business move for Honda, just disappointing for us enthuiasts.

The restructuring of Honda’s new model programme that led to the death of the new Honda NSX is much more extensive than previously thought. Honda is completely dismantling its plans for the next two years as it attempts to deal with the rapid collapse in new car sales across the world.

Among the casualties of Honda’s rethink are a range of rear-wheel-drive cars to be sold under the Acura brand, a proposed V8 engine, a successor to the Honda S2000 and a convertible based on the forthcoming Honda CR-Z coupé.

Acura, Honda’s US-market luxury rival for Infiniti and Lexus, has been hit hardest by the changes. Not only has it lost the NSX successor — due to be branded as an Acura but killed off last month — but the programme to develop new rear-drive cars aimed specifically at the BMW 3, 5 and 7-series has also been canned.

The basic planning on the cars had been carried out, and the first model to enter production was to be a BMW 7-series rival, due in 2015. It was meant to provide Honda with a credible alternative to established premium rear-drive brands. The future of the next Honda Legend is also in doubt.

Development of a new V8 engine for the rear-drive cars has also been stopped. The new Honda V8 was seen as the wrong engine at the wrong time, and it was opposed by some Honda engineers who viewed it as too big, heavy and unnecessary. Honda product planners have also had trouble figuring out how to make the engine cost-effective.

It’s not just big cars and big petrol engines that have been wiped out. The proposed drop-top version of the new Honda CR-Z hybrid coupe has been abandoned, along with any successor to the Honda S2000, which will die this year.

The current pair of Honda Accords (one for the US, one for the rest of the world) could also be replaced with a single model; that could save billions in development costs.

Honda is now concentrating on building more hybrids and a new small city car. It aims to build 500,000 hybrids by 2012, including the new Honda Insight and the world’s first hybrid supermini, a petrol-electric Honda Jazz due next year. It should be capable of 80mpg and emit just 90g/km of CO2.

Wow, this change is huge. Do you guys believe this?

Basically, no NSX, no S2000 replacement, no RWD Acura Sedans and no V8.

Back