• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Group Buy SOS Billet Targa RSTB Group Buy ... 10 needed

THIS GROUP BUY IS NOW CLOSED as we have made our min of 10 buyers.

Attention buyers ... the estimated ship date is 7/2 - 7/14. SOS will contact all buyers a week before the ship date to settle the balance and advise shipping. Tracking numbers will be e-mailed when the parts ship.

Thanks

WE HAVE OUR 10 FOR THE GROUP BUY!!!!!!!!

S.O.S. Targa RSTB BILLET version (no longer in production)

We would need 10 committed buyers to produce this product.
A 50% non-refundable deposit would be required. (Paid to SOS once we have 10)
Production time in 4-6 weeks (which would be once we have 10 committed buyers).

List for these parts are:

Standard model (fits SOS SC & CTSC. Will clear oem targa top or nsxr mesh): Original Retail was $795.00 (group buy price: $735.00)

Intercooled model (won't fit with targa cover or nsxr mesh): Original Retail $875.00 (group buy price: $815.00)

Available in either Silver anodized or Black anodized.

Optional prop rod: $38.50
SOS Billet RSTB 1.jpg
SOS Billet RSTB 2.jpg SOS Billet RSTB 3.jpg SOS Billet RSTB 4.jpg

Please copy and start a buyer list in your post then PM me all your information and the RSTB you want so I can keep track of the group buy.

Just an FYI ... I have 5 buyers from Facebook NSX Prime. SO we need 5 more.

1. xory72 (Darrin) Standard - Black - Prop Rod
2. Tony Pham Intercooler - Black
3. Rick Ishitani Standard - Silver
4. Tony Sebille (Bram) Intercooled - Silver
5. Terry Suvonnarith Standard - Silver
6. PSHUMARD1 Standard - Silver
7. 01a4man Standard - Unfinished - Prop Rod
8. 01a4man Standard - Unfinished - Prop Rod
9. flatlandfoiler Standard - Silver - Prop Rod
10. jmathew34 Standard - Black - Prop Rod

Last edited:
Intercooled model (won't fit with targa cover or nsxr mesh): Original Retail $875.00 (group buy price: $815.00)

This bar in the photo appears to be a normal supercharger kit, not with intercooler. Do you have a photo showing the intercooler with this bar in place? The intercooler is at minimum 2-3 inches taller than the standard supercharger manifold.

PSHUMARD1

Got you down on the list for Standard - Silver - No Rod.
Thanks ... we are at 6 now. 4 more and this non produced item will get one more run!

Anyone else? We have to May 31 to fill the Group buy

- - - Updated - - -

This bar in the photo appears to be a normal supercharger kit, not with intercooler. Do you have a photo showing the intercooler with this bar in place? The intercooler is at minimum 2-3 inches taller than the standard supercharger manifold.

I have reached out to Chris at S.O.S. to see if he has a picture with an Intercooler installed. If not the best we will be able to do is get his word for it.

The picture attached is what they call the Intercooler RSTB. As you can see in the picture the RSTB is much higher the then the SC pictured. Looks like at least 2" higher ... however maybe Chris can shed some light on this. Will be back when he answers.

View attachment 133765

Last edited:
"Attachment 133735" shows an intercooled style bar with a standard non-intercooled supercharger. The intercooled version of the bar is designed to accommodate the ScienceofSpeed Supercharger system with a ScienceofSpeed Laminova intercooler, or any other bar and plate style intercooler, which is 1.3" or less. Sorry, we do not have a photo with that exact configuration. It looks the same as 133735, just with the supercharger raised 1.3".

- - - Updated - - -

The note that the "optional pop rod" is specifically an "optional pop rod bracket & grommet" which uses the factory pop rod.

"Attachment 133735" shows an intercooled style bar with a standard non-intercooled supercharger. The intercooled version of the bar is designed to accommodate the ScienceofSpeed Supercharger system with a ScienceofSpeed Laminova intercooler, or any other bar and plate style intercooler, which is 1.3" or less. Sorry, we do not have a photo with that exact configuration. It looks the same as 133735, just with the supercharger raised 1.3".

- - - Updated - - -

The note that the "optional pop rod" is specifically an "optional pop rod bracket & grommet" which uses the factory pop rod.

Thank you for the clarification Chris! Very much appreciated.

Updated list
1. xory72 (Darrin) Standard - Black - Prop Rod
2. Tony Pham Intercooler - Black
3. Rick Ishitani Standard - Silver
4. Tony Sebille (Bram) Intercooled - Silver
5. Terry Suvonnarith Standard - Silver
6. PSHUMARD1 Standard - Silver

We need 4 more to make this happen. This is product out of production product that Chris at SOS is willing to make another run with 10 of us committing. Let me make it happen!

Last edited:
Come on guys we can do this. 4 more to go.

Agree ... I just posted this on the Facebook NSX Owners group as well. Maybe there are few there that do not lurk on here. Crossing the fingers. I really want to make this happen.

This won't fit the coupe and/or is not necessary?

kennyvb Correct! Coupe's do not have this RSTB. They have a straight bar from one strut to the other. This G.B. is not needed for a coupe!

Bump for a great opportunity to get a nice piece of equipment that is no longer available.

Have to agree! I was just at SOS yesterday and spoke with Chris. He is really hoping that this group buy happens. We need 4 more to make this happen! Anyone else in? If so post here and PM me.

I wonder if chris at sos could do something different with the set of 10 to make them more unique like special numbering of something? Thoughts?

I am sure he could as these are made on a CNC. However I am not sure that this will entice more buyers.

4 More people needed and we only have 15 days to go. Anyone else ... This will be the last build of these RSTB's!

I have 1 that said he will think about it.

Sell him .. that will be one step closer ... making 7!!!!

If we are having this much trouble getting 10 people I can guarantee that SOS will not make these again.

Last edited:
I know this group buy is for the targa version (triangulated version) but if SOS is willing to include the coupe version (single bar) in this group buy, then put my name down for one in anodized black.

I have always wanted a SOS billet RSTB!

I know this group buy is for the targa version (triangulated version) but if SOS is willing to include the coupe version (single bar) in this group buy, then put my name down for one in anodized black.

I have always wanted a SOS billet RSTB!

I spoke to Chris and unfortunately they will not be able to offer the coupe billet bar at this time. So this group buy is for the Targa version only.

Come on guys! We need 4 more people and only 3 if PSHUMARD1 can convince the one he has "thinking about it"

Last edited:
So its $815 shipped?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Unfortunately shipping is extra, however because it breaks down and will not have to ship in "triangular" shape, the shipping should not be that much.

Back