• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

SOS pulley for SC

Hi Guys,

Does anyone know whether the pulley 'snout' on the Comptech is interchangeable for the SOS SC?

I have a spare CTSC pulley and a SOS SC body....and it doesn't look compatible so just need confirmation here....

Anyone have a spare SOS pulley for sale then PM me.

SS

*supposedly* The 1.7L Autorotor CTSC (Not the 1.6L earlier model) uses the same housing as the 2.1L Kenne Belle SOS SC.

I don't know that for a fact but I believe Chris from SOS hinted at this on some post somewhere. Why don't you call them?

It depends which CTSC you're talking about...

Last edited:
Hi Guys,

Does anyone know whether the pulley 'snout' on the Comptech is interchangeable for the SOS SC?

I have a spare CTSC pulley and a SOS SC body....and it doesn't look compatible so just need confirmation here....

Anyone have a spare SOS pulley for sale then PM me.

SS

Call Chris, he has the info on this and possibly different pulleys I do recall talking to him about this when I purchased my S/C package.

I have contacted Chris at SOS and he has referred me on to contact CT-Engineering which I have done....so awaiting a response.

i can only presume SOS does not sell the cylindrical 'snout-pulley' attachment separately.

SS

I may be confused. In your e-mail to us, you said you have a Comptech pulley. Do you have an actual ScienceofSpeed supercharger kit, Comptech kit, or just the compressor that you're trying to piece components together for? Is there something wrong with the drive unit you have?

-- Chris

Hi Chris,

I have a SOS SC compressor/rotor block....I also have a Comptech SC drive-extension (Snout-pulley).....The 2 does not fit together.
The 3 round pin socket on the Comptech drive-extension does not fit into the SOS kenne Bell SC block as the rotor block face where it suppose to fit has a 4 'trapezoid' female hole indicating the correct snout -pulley should have a 4 pin connector.

The SOS SC i have:
KBSC.jpg

SOS SC rotor face:
KBSCcompressorend2.jpg

Incorrect Comptech drive-extension (snout-pulley) socket arrangement:
DriveextensionCT3prongs.jpg

Hopefully someone can help me locate the correct drive extension for the SOS SC compressor block.

Thanks

SS

Last edited:
I will find out .....but I believe it is universal to all Comtech/CT-Engeneering/SOS SC from what I have read....

I am planning to swap over my CT-E SC to this SOS one in one car ....and to swap over the 'swapped' CT-E SC into my other Comptech SC car.

SS

Understood now. We can sell the drive unit alone. I will reply to your e-mail with details.

-- Chris
Chris,

If the swap is not too involved, you should market a "kit" for the 1.7L CTSC guys to swap over for the 2.1L.

Over time the high mileage 1.7L guys will need rebuilds and the cost might be enticing enough to simply upgrade.

Back