• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

SOS Stage 3..Motor in

It was one of those...I didn't know he freikin wanted to race!...things.....

pretty much pulled next to a sl55 at a light, light turned green, I accelerated to 5k in 1st..just normal driving, shifted into 2nd....then I hear this monster just gun it! he was 1 car length behind me when he did it...by the time I floored my pedal he was right next to me....when I shifted to 3rd, he was 1 car length ahead and pulling away like mad! could not catch up...

we both slow down, I roll down my window and ask him how many horses he has, he smiles at me at goes , "500" and said it in a way that he absolutely knew he was gonna totally smoke me in a race..... oh well, what can you really do against 500 ponies?

Edmo7 said:
. oh well, what can you really do against 500 ponies?

I have an idea ;)

It's the 516 TQ that I don't know what to do about. :biggrin:

Edmo7 said:
we both slow down, I roll down my window and ask him how many horses he has, he smiles at me at goes , "500" and said it in a way that he absolutely knew he was gonna totally smoke me in a race..... oh well, what can you really do against 500 ponies?

At least you didn't run into the twinturbo V12 700+hp SL65 AMG that I did... :frown:

Edmo7 said:
It was one of those...I didn't know he freikin wanted to race!...things.....

pretty much pulled next to a sl55 at a light, light turned green, I accelerated to 5k in 1st..just normal driving, shifted into 2nd....then I hear this monster just gun it! he was 1 car length behind me when he did it...by the time I floored my pedal he was right next to me....when I shifted to 3rd, he was 1 car length ahead and pulling away like mad! could not catch up...

Once you install a SOS supercharger, I'd bet you'd smoke that 55, hehe.

These car are monsters, the scary thing is that they are everywhere in Southern Cal.

I just finished watching the 2006 Jan release of Bestmotoring. New M5 vs the World.

The 500hp V10 M5 was no match for the CLS55 in the 1/4. Lost 2 out of 2 0~400m test, with Drift King behind the wheel. First run was with traction control on, CLS55 did 12.7sec, the driver did it effortlessly. Second run was with traction control off on both car, M5 had the jump, the CLS55 caught up in no time and still beat it. M5 did however beat every other car including R34 GTR, 997 Carrera S, M3 CSL and Gallardo in the 3~4 lap race.

0601_07.jpg

Last edited:
Back