• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

sos stereo bracket - installation alternative

FWIW, the sos stereo bracket can be installed upside down with a little modification. The holes on the bracket line up perfectly with the factory mounting holes. For my application, they fit much better this way.

Cheers,

Henry.

Last edited:
With the KEI wing can you see out the back unobstructed?

Also, what stereo system did you got with and do you have any pictures?

Rod

With the KEI wing can you see out the back unobstructed?

Also, what stereo system did you got with and do you have any pictures?

Rod

Henry can either respond to this, or I can check if you really want as I have the spoiler. I'm guessing it doesn't obstruct the view since it has a high center area.

Unobstructed? No way, but not enough to make you uncomfortable. It was a nice wing.

I installed a Jvc 2-din deck AVX-706.

Henry.

Here's a picture of the upside down sos bracket installation:

http://www.nsxprime.com/photopost/data/500/sosbracketupsidedown.jpg
sosbracketupsidedown.jpg

Hey all,

I am getting ready to install a Double DIN hed unit in the very near future. I have already bought the SOS bracket and I am wondering what the advantage is to mounting this bracket upside down?

I have not taken anything apart so I am sorry if I am misunderstanding something. Hopefully you all can explain?

It's hard to explain. Try both way and decide for yourself. :wink:

Henry I bought this bracket myself last year, it quite honestly fit like crap on my Pioneer Z1 I had to massage it a bit to get it in there, but ash tray is useless won't open. I spoke to Chirs@SOS about it he also mentioned trying it upside down, think they might be working on another design.... does you ash tray door clear now with the way you mounted it?

Henry I bought this bracket myself last year, it quite honestly fit like crap on my Pioneer Z1 I had to massage it a bit to get it in there, but ash tray is useless won't open. I spoke to Chirs@SOS about it he also mentioned trying it upside down, think they might be working on another design.... does you ash tray door clear now with the way you mounted it?

Yes, my ashtray door is functioning normally. That's the reason for the upside down installation. Try to 'tilt' the deck up as close to the climate control unit as possible. Don't mind the deck if it is not sitting flat on the bracket, adjust the angle of the deck to align with the console. Mind you, you do need to cut the bracket in order for it to fit.

Hope it helps.

Henry.

Last edited:
I just spoke with Jeff @ SOS, he informed me that the new DF consoles are designed to allow the ashtray door to clear without having to adjust the bracket in any way.

I placed my order so I'll update when it arrives, about a week for the double din cuts. I plan to install the AVIC F90.

I just spoke with Jeff @ SOS, he informed me that the new DF consoles are designed to allow the ashtray door to clear without having to adjust the bracket in any way.

I placed my order so I'll update when it arrives, about a week for the double din cuts. I plan to install the AVIC F90.
Jeff is right. My door clears just fine. BTW that is a great console.:wink:

Back