• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

South Coast Acura

sid

Contributing Member
Anyone have experience with South Coast Acura service department for anything other than minor service? I have a couple of things that need to be done and was thinking about having the timing belt done. They are closer and not as busy as the good independents in the area.

An oil change is a "convenience service". Timing belt would be worth going out of your way to get best possible service and Ramon in Laguna Nigel is not that far away from you. (my $.02)

Or talk to Jon Martin (formerly of Cerritos Acura) at Power Honda in Costa Mesa.

^Due to your recommendation, Hapa88, I just called John Martin and talked to him about a steering wheel wobble in my 2011 Crosstour. He's so helpful and nice. I'm taking it in next week to have him see it. He already thinks he knows what the problem is.

I have also known John Martin for years even since his employment with (ex) Peyton Cramer in Torrance and I think the world of him and of his work. But i must take exception here and mention the fact that South Coast Acura has probably been the most generous and accomodating dealership for us NSX owners and for many years now. Every month they empty their front lot for us and provide us with food without ever being pushy or asking for business. Last month, they rented a BBQ catering service and that was not the first time they did that. Every since we have been going there, i dont know of a single NSX owner in our group who has purchased a car from them. I try to purchase parts whenever i can ( they do offer a good discount) and everytime i hear an NSX owner ask for recommendation i mention SCA. There is nothing wrong in giving them a chance to quote service or parts.

Last edited:
+1 ^^^^^^^

We are very fortunate here to have many choices of quality work done. Be it Ramon at Niguel Motors, Jon Martin at Power Honda, Autowave or Nick at Applied Motorsports, we are a very lucky group of NSX owners. I purchase all my OEM part from them and get a nice local discount. What does it hurt to get a bid from them?

I've taken my car to south coast acura and worked with Ceasar who used to work with Jon Martin... both guys are honest and standup guys. A+

Back