• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Southern California NSX Tax Relief Drive - April 16, 2005

Who's up for a SoCal NSX Tax Relief Drive?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, tax season is well upon us and April 15th is just around the corner. In revolt to one of the most dreaded days of the year, let's get out and drive our NSXs. It may not relieve your tax burden but a drive couldn't hurt. So the proposed drive will occur on Saturday, April the 16th. This gives everyone 6 weeks of advance notice and the majority will already have filed their tax returns. Every NSX owner from San Diego to Ventura County and beyond is invited. No you do not need to be a NSXCA member. You just need to want to drive your NSX.

We'll start out with a Dim Sum brunch around 8 AM, then we'll head out for a drive and end with a late lunch/early dinner. What better way to enjoy a beautiful Southern California day, then to drive your NSX through the twisty roads of the California Mountains. This is not a race or a competition, it's just a friendly get together and a relaxing drive. Exact route to be disclosed to the participants on the day of the drive. So don't even ask - TY.

Additional Drive Information:
1. This event is limited to NSXs only. If you do not want to drive your NSX, then this is not the drive for you. If you do not own an NSX then bum a ride from someone on the list. Sorry no exceptions.
2. As mentioned in the description of the drive the meeting point and/or route will not be disclosed until the 15th of April. Please do not waste your time, or mine by asking. This is not because I am being a "dick", it is to not devulge the route to anyone except those participants that are driving their NSX. Refer to "Additional Drive Information #9".
3. As suggested - in order to make this drive smooth and incident free, we are requiring 'Club Radios'. This means radios are mandatory - no exceptions! If you do not own or cannot borrow one they will be available for rent. ANYTIME has offered the use of his radios for this event at $10.00 per NSX. These are not FMRS or GMRS radios, they are UHF business class radios (see NSXPrime FAQ for info). There will be a radio check prior to departure. PM me or ANYTIME to reserve a radio.
4. The last day to sign up for this drive is April 12th.
5. This drive is limited to a maximum of 20 cars.
6. Make sure your car is physically and mechanically safe. This means: no loose parts, adequate rubber (>3/32 inch of tread) on all 4 tires, no oil or other fliud leaks, all 20 lug nuts should be tightened to recommended specifcations, etc, etc.
7. Make sure you fiil-up your fuel tank prior to meeting for DimSum. We will not wait for anyone.
8. Even though we are requiring "Club Radios" make sure at least one person in the group has your mobile phone number. If you don't have a mobile phone get into the '90s.
9. Please do not post locations and/or suggestions for the DimSum Brunch. Refer to "Additional Drive Information #2". If you havea suggestion please PM me. Thanks

The List
1. ANYTIME
2. awsomr1
3. bambookid
4. Ca AGNSX
5. Casper91
6. CDX_NSX
7. evof575gtc
8. FuryNSX
9. icefire
10. Joseph
11. MIKE5261
12. NemesisX
14. nfire
15. NSXWIND
16. Si
17. SilverOne
18. ZeroCool
19. VampNSX
20. Your Name Here
21. PoohBEAR (you'll make it, I'm positive)
22. ss_md

On the Fence
HondaArrArrr
schuey1010
votrix

Last edited:
Re: Southern California NSX Tax Relief Drive

Allow me to be the first to raise my hand....and vote. Guys...sign up, vote, and we can waste all of your refunds later :D:D:D

PoohBEAR said:
Allow me to be the first to raise my hand....and vote. Guys...sign up, vote, and we can waste all of your refunds later :D:D:D

Me 2 :biggrin:

Sign me up.

Scott,
Are we having dimsum at the same place we did before? Need some help???
Take care,
John :biggrin:

BTW, City or zip for the starting point would help us out of towners plan accordingly.

ANYTIME said:
Scott,
Are we having dimsum at the same place we did before? Need some help???
Take care,
John :biggrin:

BTW, City or zip for the starting point would help us out of towners plan accordingly.
I was going to leave that up to the Dim Sum experts: Calvin, James, etc.

Zip is 91754

Last edited:

Hi Scott, are we doing the same mountain route as last time, thru Angeles Crest HWY and come out the Wrightwood side???

If so, I think Chinatown would be closer to starting point, but parking is always a problem there.

Do I get to write off the cost gas we're gonna use? :wink:

NSXrunner said:
Do I get to write off the cost gas we're gonna use? :wink:
Maybe - check with your accountant or CPA :biggrin:

Great idea Scott, count me in also.

me 2

Would you guys mind if an STi joined the drive? I have been on a couple O/P runs with some NSX's. Where is the meeting place for this run?

STi_WrX said:
Would you guys mind if an STi joined the drive? I have been on a couple O/P runs with some NSX's. Where is the meeting place for this run?

nono5.gif

ss_md said:
In revolt to one of the most dreaded days of the year, let's get out and drive our NSXs.
Every NSX owner from San Diego to Ventura County and beyond is invited.
Exact route to be disclosed to the participants on the day of the drive. So don't even ask - TY.

If I can't make it for breakfast, Can you let us know where you'll meet up before taking off for the drive. Also let us know at what time?

Thanks,
Ed

I'm not sure if I'll be in town that weekend. But if I am...count me in!!!!

We have 16 so far :biggrin:. The number 13 was left off intentionally.

ss_md,

just saw your update, I'd add to that a mandatory club radio for all participants. I think it makes the organization and the drive that much more enjoyable and safe.

$0.01

SilverOne said:
ss_md,

just saw your update, I'd add to that a mandatory club radio for all participants. I think it makes the organization and the drive that much more enjoyable and safe.

$0.01
Thanks, SilverOne

Everyone that has signed up and those that want to sign up, please see the updates on post #1.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back