• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Speaker install help! Blown fuse?

So I'm in the process of changing my speakers with some I bought of another member. Only one problem, the old speaker use to give off a loud noise before which basically indicated either the amp/or speaker was gone. After replacing the previous speaker with the new one theres no sound and I have a hunch it's a fuse. Where are the fuses located for the speakers besides the one under the hood?

So I'm in the process of changing my speakers with some I bought of another member. Only one problem, the old speaker use to give off a loud noise before which basically indicated either the amp/or speaker was gone. After replacing the previous speaker with the new one theres no sound and I have a hunch it's a fuse. Where are the fuses located for the speakers besides the one under the hood?

There is a fuse box under the driver side kick panel to the left side :smile:

Fuse 51 in the relay box under the hood is the one you need to check. Are all the speakers down or just the one you changed?

Since all the amps fail I would not take my car apart to install a used speaker amp which will also fail or in this case may have already failed.

Thanks guys! Turned out its not the amp, it's the actual physical speaker and amp (think its the amp). Anyways Im going to use the DIY thread and see if I can replace the amps, hopefully it goes well!

Back