• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Special NSX marque event at Irvine C&C

Dont worry about it steve. :biggrin:

It would be good if we could get an opinion from those who went to the one last year on the drive from Metro Pointe.

It would certainly be nice to be able to do a short convoy over to PAG.

We did not meet at metro pointe last year.

It was at the Best Buy parking lot in Tustin market place.

eNeSeX 95T - Spectrum :biggrin:

ss_md - Spectrum

Since it will still be early when C&C ends why don't we mini-drive (the long way) to a place to eat breakfast. Maybe that German Place.

I agree with the Spectrum, this early in the morning is already pushing it for some members who are farther away, now to have to drive an additional 10 minutes to Tustin, etc., just to drive the other way again, makes no sense. As Mentioned above, there is also the danger of getting split up during a lengthy drive.

The spectrum is close, is lowered car friendly, and has ample parking - the Ferrari group has met up at the Spectrum and driven over in the past, and as Matt mentioned, several of us live in South Orange County, and frequent the spectrum, all without issue. It's right next to the venue, and offers the best location for a meeting spot, as its right where the I-5 and 405 freeways meet.

If there is a strong desire to go on a group drive, perhaps one can be planned after the event, which ends around 10AM, on the way to some kind of breakfast meeting.

The primary thing is to stop messing about with plans, and just set something in stone as early as possible, so people can be prepared to show up where they need to be. If you wait a few days before the event, people are only going to get confused.

Last edited:
another vote for spectrum.

and by the way the whole problem here is the voting and opinions.

the organizer of the event should just say this is what we are going to do, and we should just do it, we are confusing people and just making this more complicated then it needs to be. It is early in the am and the point is to make this easy from those coming from far away and some people are coming from the north and some from the south so meeting by the desitination makes the most sense.

Also, can i please be added to the list? thanks

1. YellowHaze
2. coolnsx
3. ss_md (70% chance)
4. nsx-tee
5. Racerxjling
6. AlexN
7. CDX_NSX
8. lowellhigh79
9. mpkr91
10. Mark G
11. eNeSeX 95T
12. UFO
13. KJ5000
14. mmmikemo
15. ryu
16. X-toy
17. vtecNSX1
18. DASHNBY
19. Tpagannsx
20. FuryNSX
21. c30vtec
22. Erick
23.FLYN_LOW
24. drjb
25. Manh3
26. NSXrunner
27. Mike-san
28. warren1205
29. Prospeed
30. Sicarius82
31. G-ster
32. Scorp965
33. Nsxsupra
34. icefire
35. Ca AGNSX
36. Big_D
37. Wirewizz
38. socalx

Gotcha Tom

vote = spectrum

reason = because i don't know where MP is :biggrin:

consideration = us LA drivers will have already been driving for 40+min. let's just get to PAG and save the longer cruise and the potential chaos for a post-show event. it will still be fun.

-regan

I agree. A place should be set, wherever it is, and everyone will just show up there. That's what they did last year, and it seems to have worked. We just have to be mindful of speed bumps and steep driveways.

As for a drive to breakfast after, we'll have to find a place that can accommodate 40+ NSXs.

Pre-stage location for parade run to NSX marque event, Irvine C&C

PARADE MEETING AREA ANNOUNCEMENT

Gentlemen (and gentlewomen if we have any),

After reading some recent replies and heeding comments from Matt (eNeSeX 95T), scorp965, and socalx, and as organizer of this event, I've decided to accept responsibility for picking a pre-stage location. We will meet at the Irvine Spectrum east parking structure on the roof level. This is one of two parking structures at the Spectrum and the one located off Gateway Blvd. just south of Fortune Drive. Here is a link to a map showing the exact location...

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=....743676&spn=0.003921,0.006099&z=18&iwloc=addr

Assembly will begin at 6:00 AM. We will depart from the roof level at exactly 6:25 AM. The Cars & Coffee venue is just north on Gateway about 2/3 of a mile away. Although a short parade run, we still have two other things to enjoy in addition to the Cars & Coffee event itself... some great photo opportunities on the roof and the awesome sound of 50 NSXs' roaring down the parking structure rampway.

I will next coordinate a post C&C breakfast short road trip. C&C ends at 9:00 AM, so that group can plan on leaving a little past 9:00 AM. Anyone have any suggestions on a place for breakfast with good parking that is relatively nearby?

Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Steve

Last edited:
You're welcome, Adrian. You make the 39th NSX'er to confirm. At the rate of replies received so far, we should reach better than 50, perhaps close to a record of some kind. I think I'll notify Acura and Honda USA of our little gathering. Perhaps "Ms. Honda USA" or some other individual of interest will make a showing. Either way, this is going to be fun!

- - - - - YellowHaze - - - - - -

1. YellowHaze
2. coolnsx
3. ss_md (70% chance)
4. nsx-tee
5. Racerxjling
6. AlexN
7. CDX_NSX
8. lowellhigh79
9. mpkr91
10. Mark G
11. eNeSeX 95T
12. UFO
13. KJ5000
14. mmmikemo
15. ryu
16. X-toy
17. vtecNSX1
18. DASHNBY
19. Tpagannsx
20. FuryNSX
21. c30vtec
22. Erick
23.FLYN_LOW
24. drjb
25. Manh3
26. NSXrunner
27. Mike-san
28. warren1205
29. Prospeed
30. Sicarius82
31. G-ster
32. Scorp965
33. Nsxsupra
34. icefire
35. Ca AGNSX
36. Big_D
37. Wirewizz
38. socalx
39. Adriannsx

First, sorry about getting your name wrong, Matt (eNeSeX 95T).

Ok guys. Before this thread turns into the Hatfields vs. the McCoys, let's cast our votes for a parade ride staging venue. I don't think this decision should be up to me. I'm a consensus-type. So, the two venues are Metro Pointe shopping center parking lot and one of the two Spectrum parking structures. Can someone tell me the exact location of the Metro Pointe location? Is it El Camino Real and Jamboree and if so which lot (SE or SW)? See URL showing map. If possible, please attache the map with some kind of mark showing the exact location.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=...24,-117.792352&spn=0.007835,0.012199&t=h&z=17

Next, it's time to cast your Parade Route Staging Area venue vote. For those who have an opinion, please add your name to the list below:

NSX userID________Metro Pointe_____Spectrum
YellowHaze____________X

I say who ever lives next to metro point will meet there... stay there for 5-10 minutes and head out to spectrum and meet the rest... i live close to metro, i think it will be fun to drive from metro to spectrum with some nsx.... Afterwards we head out to pag.

1. YellowHaze
2. coolnsx
3. ss_md (70% chance)
4. nsx-tee
5. Racerxjling
6. AlexN
7. CDX_NSX
8. lowellhigh79
9. mpkr91
10. Mark G
11. eNeSeX 95T
12. UFO
13. KJ5000
14. mmmikemo
15. ryu
16. X-toy
17. vtecNSX1
18. DASHNBY
19. Tpagannsx
20. FuryNSX
21. c30vtec
22. Erick
23.FLYN_LOW
24. drjb
25. Manh3
26. NSXrunner
27. Mike-san
28. warren1205
29. Prospeed
30. Sicarius82
31. G-ster
32. Scorp965
33. Nsxsupra
34. icefire
35. Ca AGNSX
36. Big_D
37. Wirewizz
38. socalx
39. Adriannsx
40. Joseph

My vote = Spectrum

why = Because I live down the street. But I am willing to go where ever the majority decides. :smile:

Last edited:
- Updated -

1. YellowHaze
2. coolnsx
3. ss_md (70% chance)
4. nsx-tee
5. Racerxjling
6. AlexN
7. CDX_NSX
8. lowellhigh79
9. mpkr91
10. Mark G
11. eNeSeX 95T
12. UFO
13. KJ5000
14. mmmikemo
15. ryu
16. X-toy
17. vtecNSX1
18. DASHNBY
19. Tpagannsx
20. FuryNSX
21. c30vtec
22. Erick
23.FLYN_LOW
24. drjb
25. Manh3
26. NSXrunner
27. Mike-san
28. warren1205
29. Prospeed
30. Sicarius82
31. G-ster
32. Scorp965
33. Nsxsupra
34. icefire
35. Ca AGNSX
36. Big_D
37. Wirewizz
38. socalx
39. Adriannsx
40. Joseph
41. fkong777

Steve, I was the guy w/ the black NSX parked over by Vance's S2k at an SCA meet a few wks ago. We were talking about how I wanted to go 18/19 and you wanted to downsize to 17/18. Anyway, just wanted to help you connect a screename to a face (we don't do enough of that around here :)).

Taking a moment to say THANKS for taking the trouble to put this together. It's when we get down to the nitty-gritty like discussing a location that really takes up a lot of time and management. Thanks from many of us here.

-Regan

1. YellowHaze
2. coolnsx
3. ss_md (70% chance)
4. nsx-tee
5. Racerxjling
6. AlexN
7. CDX_NSX
8. lowellhigh79
9. mpkr91
10. Mark G
11. eNeSeX 95T
12. UFO
13. KJ5000
14. mmmikemo
15. ryu
16. X-toy
17. vtecNSX1
18. DASHNBY
19. Tpagannsx
20. FuryNSX
21. c30vtec
22. Erick
23.FLYN_LOW
24. drjb
25. Manh3
26. NSXrunner
27. Mike-san
28. warren1205
29. Prospeed
30. Sicarius82
31. G-ster
32. Scorp965
33. Nsxsupra
34. icefire
35. Ca AGNSX
36. Big_D
37. Wirewizz
38. socalx
39. Adriannsx
40. Joseph
41. fkong777
42. TAG

Last edited:
Tom!

We should organize a Vegas group trip to SoCal that weekend for C&C.

Regards,

Danny

Steve, I was the guy w/ the black NSX parked over by Vance's S2k at an SCA meet a few wks ago. We were talking about how I wanted to go 18/19 and you wanted to downsize to 17/18. Anyway, just wanted to help you connect a screename to a face (we don't do enough of that around here :)).

Taking a moment to say THANKS for taking the trouble to put this together. It's when we get down to the nitty-gritty like discussing a location that really takes up a lot of time and management. Thanks from many of us here.

-Regan

It's nice to hear from you, Regan. I remember your cool wheels.

I appreciate the thanks and similarly from others for initiating this event. No need for any thanks, though. I do this because I enjoy it. Sports cars and making friends- two of my favorite things. Just wait until I help plan a local track event. I'm shooting for sometime between January and May 2009. I hope to plan two events, one perhaps at Auto Club Speedway in Fontana.

I'm having his 'n hers shirts made for me and my gal in, what else, yellow with NSX and checkered flag logos. Then, I'll be buying helmets. I intend to share my love of speed with my love, assuming she finds it fun. The matching polos and helmets are part of my bribe scheme.

42 Honda supercars and counting... Woo-hoo!

...And perhaps we might have the pleasure of some unexpected guests. Should these two show up, we can all do our part to see if we can convert their car brand loyality. OK, I did my best to find a tasteful photo.

Attachments

• 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    27.4 KB · Views: 96
Back