• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Speeding may now be estimated by officer

Maybe the court system is bad out east too- one thing they hammered into us at the academy here in WA was that if ever a cop is found to have lied in any official proceeding, it can be used against him in court forever. Because of that, departments in this state are very likely to fire cops who lie in court or fabricate evidence.

I'm no lawyer, so I don't know if that is a state thing or if it goes nationwide. Our search and seizure laws are significantly different here, so it's not all the same.

BTW just want to thank all the officers here for their hard work and doing what is a thankless job. I have always felt the only person more hated than the police is a landlord. Believe me I know the shit you guys have to deal with on a daily basis.:biggrin:

Join the NMA, they're the only organized defense at this point.

Naaman - to your point about justifying that pulling people over catching criminals etc.. another way to do that is to hang out where criminals commit crimes, to guard houses of women that are being threatened etc...

Finding an excuse to pull someone over, setting 'speed traps' (not limits) that have no impact on public safety, that are COUNTER to public safety all in the name to see what the law can nail them with is not a trait of a free society. It's not much different then pulling someone over because they look like a Jew (in the 40s).

I respect Law Enforcement. They put their lives on the line every day and more than seldom they catch bad guys. I am very concerned about the culture that it breeds. It's not the people, the people are you and I, it's the culture.

For exampl, I've found in my experience that about 1/3 are very nice and professionals (some of which I wrote letters of recommendations to the police seargent), about 1/3 run around on high horses saving the world by giving expired tab tickets after 20 minutes of being pulled over in the middle of morning traffic and about 1/3 are complete dicks that should be out of a job - and that would be out of a job in any other profession faster than you can say egg mcmuffic sandwitch. There is absolutely no reason that any public or private professional should be a dick when they are carrying out their job. Period, no ifs & butts about it. However, you and I both know a number of cops that are.

So let me ask you this - why is that true? And you know it's true. I'll tell you why, what my cop friend told me:

UNIONS.

Last edited:
Yea, that sounds about right.

I have seen more cops on the prowl for speeders in the past two months than I had seen in the prior two years.

Motorcycle cops who sit on the freeway on ramps and jump out in the middle of the street, point at you then motion for you to pull over....I'd say its getting out of hand.

Edward, If you still had your silverstone NSX, they would be so distracted by it's beauty, that they would forget to check your speed......see what happens when you get an interceptor red corvette? What ever happened to that car anyway:biggrin:?

Regards, Ray

Edward, If you still had your silverstone NSX, they would be so distracted by it's beauty, that they would forget to check your speed......see what happens when you get an interceptor red corvette? What ever happened to that car anyway:biggrin:?

Regards, Ray

What happens when you get a vette is you blow past the cops so quickly that they don't even see you. :biggrin:

Re: the NSX - last I heard a gentleman and scholar was piloting the thing...keeping it clean, and putting it to good use. ;)

Last edited:
THE BEST QUOTE I HAVE EVER SEEN

"NSX at 90 MPH on the highway= safe
Dodge Neon at 90MPH on the highway=not safe"

Rock solid. statement<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Back