• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Speedometer Acting-up. Help..

UPDATE:

The VSS for a 1993 and later (no pigtail) will fit a 1991 (with pigtail) just fine. The wiring harness will reach without altering it and the plug is a perfect match. The VSS I bought new on eBay for $4.19, shipped to my front door. It looked like a quality part but I haven't had a chance to drive test it yet, that will be tomorrow (I'll let you know). What a savings over the dealer's price of around $200.

Can anyone else confirm this? Same dilemma:mad:

Last edited:
FYI the OEM unit can be repaired and parts are available:

http://jp-carparts.com/honda/partlist.php?maker=honda&type=NSX&cartype=19685&fig=E&fig1=1900

I would presume that a repaired original is likely more reliable than a knock off.

You're joking right? LOL The sensor is made up of parts 8 & 16 which together cost more than an OEM part. Never mind the shipping from Japan! Charlotte has had $10.00 speed sensors last over 100,000 miles. She is currently sporting about 335,000 miles.

I too had the vss fail.whilst the above china specials work they dont have the pigtail.on e-bay i ordered a speed sensor for a 92 accord,its got the pigtail and I have just installed and road tested it.It too works perfectly.cost about $11 free shipping in the mainland,$6 priority post to guam.In my annalness I wanted to keep the pigtail.hope this helps.The vendor was XPRESS AUTO PARTS in Chicago but I jut typed in 92 accord in the e-bay search.
Found the 90-91 Accord VSS part # 78410-SY0-003 with the pigtail. Anyone used this successfully for a 1992 NSX? Thanks.

Back