Speedometer acting up...

This morning on my drive to work I glanced down while cruising ~30mph and noticed that my speedometer read 0. Hmmm. The odd thing was that once I got up to ~40mph the needle would rise suddenly to ~50. It would also increase dramatically with little throttle change. For example I was crusing in 4th gear at 4k rpm, I would give it gas and before I got to 5k rpm the needle would have risen to over 80mph. I wish my acceleration was that quick! I made a 5 second video of it on my phone. The needle would flunctuate a lot when when I decelerate lightly, it's as if the calculation being used to determine speed is really off.

Any ideas? This just started this morning as all was normal last night...

No TCS or CE light yet. Car drove normally. I'll have to check out the VSS I guess. Hopefully it's just dirty.

I had the same exact problem with my 92 Legend. I replaced the VSS and problem went away. I havn't seen it in my NSX, but if I did, I would suspect the VSS.

Fox

I'm still waiting for my VSS to arrive. I guess it still okay to drive the car except the speedometer is not working as well as the odometer and the EPS.

Back