• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Spend a lots on Timing Belt Service

It's pretty steep. I just paid $1100 for that service......But let's not dwell on the past. Let's look to the future......Break down the additional $$$ you spent over a 7 year / 90K mile span and it's really only a few cents per day. :biggrin:

monarch_kiss said:
I've just done with my timing belt and water pump service today. It cost me $1700 for all of these. Does it really cost that much for this job ? :eek:
That's a bit on the high side; $1200-1400 is more typical.

Something tells me you didn't take it to Don at Hilltop Auto Service; he's the best NSX mechanic in the area, and I bet he doesn't charge that much...

hondatech_v1.0 said:
It doesn't seem that bad to me, I'm working on a 91 now and his quote was 2100 for a 90k and t-belt package.
You need to be very careful to distinguish between:

a) timing belt and water pump replacement ONLY, and
b) full 90K service, including the timing belt and water pump replacement.

The timing belt and water pump replacement ONLY usually costs around $1200-1400, although there are some reports as low as $1000 and as high as $1600.

The other items in the 90K service (transmission fluid, brake fluid, air filter, valve adjustment, etc) are the same as the 30K service, which typically costs $600-900. Thus a full 90K service, including the timing belt and water pump replacement as well as the other service items, can cost anywhere from $1800 to $2300. $2100 is typical.

Yeah you are correct Honda does include the t-belt and water pump replacement in the 90k. My customer's up to 3k now due to some oil leaks....
It all depends on the car and the shop it goes to, we are a Honda dealer in Nor Cal so it's about average..

Back