• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

sport bikes

i always wanted a white bike Len, its just the chrome that i dont like.

I hear yah. I am not a big chrome person either.
I wanted it in whate, then I could make the chrome a black chrome.:smile:

Kinda looking at all kinds of stuff now.
Gonna move on something in a week or so.

Dscf0027.jpg

Just sold her. Bought her new in 02, put on 14,000 miles in 8 months. 25,000 miles in 2 years. I ran her into the ground and she still rocked the canyons with a vengence. The most fun $8,000 and $1,500+ in tickets money can buy.

I ride, love it! cars can't do it enough for me! lately iv kinda stopped riding street, living in FL theres practically no turns, and the few places you can ride you cant anymore bc with in 10 mins they have a helicopter after you (airport) so im strickly keeping it at the track!

4-5k on a used bike should buy you a pretty nice bike...atleast it would in FL, not sure how bike prices are in your area. Riding a bike is pretty easy, but knowing how to ride a bike in traffic with everyone else trying to run you off the rode, not seeing you, etc...takes skill! I rode for long time in my neighborhood til i got confortable, now 3 bikes and over 30k miles in less than 2 yrs

have a few good riding pix if anyone interested... www.myspace.com/dlynes

good luck man! let me know if ya need any help. Just remember plastics (fairings) on a bike are expensive...soo if ya find one that has messed up ones it could cost a lot

Last year I was set on getting myself a bike. I did countless hours of research on the net looking and went to lots of shop looking and sitting on them before deciding on what I wanted to buy.
I had settled on a 00-04 Honda CBRFi4 in either red/black or silver/black.
I wasn't going to take anything else. I went and looked at a few private sellers but couldn't find the one that my heart said to get.
THEN, on Christmas day I went to the in-laws house for dinner. On my way back home I'm driving down the interstate and traffic getting backed up on the other side of the road. I was getting off the next exit anyway so I got in far right lane and started slowing down. I looked over and way horrified at what I saw. A bike was lodged into the ground and leaning against the guard rail. A few hundred feet down the road was the body of the rider with a white sheet over with only the feet sticking straight up. That shook me up VERY badly. I pulled off the road and called the wife to tell her about it. At that moment I realized that the reason I hadn't found the bike I wanted was because I wasn't supposed to have one.
Funny thing about it is since that day, I haven't had the urge or itch to even look at them anymore.
I just kept thinking that somebody just lost their life either because they did something wrong or somebody else did and they paid the highest price for it. Now on Christmas day that persons family is going to get some tragic news. I just couldn't deal with the thought of my family having to go thru something like that just because I wanted another toy.:frown:

92NSX said:
Last year I was set on getting myself a bike. I did countless hours of research on the net looking and went to lots of shop looking and sitting on them before deciding on what I wanted to buy.
I had settled on a 00-04 Honda CBRFi4 in either red/black or silver/black.
I wasn't going to take anything else. I went and looked at a few private sellers but couldn't find the one that my heart said to get.
THEN, on Christmas day I went to the in-laws house for dinner. On my way back home I'm driving down the interstate and traffic getting backed up on the other side of the road. I was getting off the next exit anyway so I got in far right lane and started slowing down. I looked over and way horrified at what I saw. A bike was lodged into the ground and leaning against the guard rail. A few hundred feet down the road was the body of the rider with a white sheet over with only the feet sticking straight up. That shook me up VERY badly. I pulled off the road and called the wife to tell her about it. At that moment I realized that the reason I hadn't found the bike I wanted was because I wasn't supposed to have one.
Funny thing about it is since that day, I haven't had the urge or itch to even look at them anymore.
I just kept thinking that somebody just lost their life either because they did something wrong or somebody else did and they paid the highest price for it. Now on Christmas day that persons family is going to get some tragic news. I just couldn't deal with the thought of my family having to go thru something like that just because I wanted another toy.:frown:

Yeah, what a shame. I was in the same boat last year too. I've always wanted a sport bike, but have only ridden dirt bikes some. Was pretty close to pulling the trigger on the BMW 1100 (after getting a cheap little starter bike of course) but the danger factor and my dad's strong words of caution kept me away. As much as I would love it, the fact that there are so many awful drivers out there that could turn a biker into donor just doesn't cut it. But cheers to you guys that get out there and ride anyway - I'm a jealous spectator. :smile:

Introducing STITCH!!!! Actually the Character that the Bike looks like is Jamba.. But My 6 year old says it's Stitch, so it's STITCH!!! Thanks for the Help KO.. I owe you big time, Always there in the last Few Pinches...
KawaBunga ZX14R Tomorrow is the Day.

lhf_misty.jpg

Last edited:
Hugh said:

Okay you win... Can she come over and adjust my air pressure as well?:biggrin:

Hugh, I am loading this on the trailer when I come down to Florida for Xpo... Hopefully KONSX will bring his as well. We can go for a nice ride... On the Bikes.:wink:

Then I will proceed to spank that AZZ on the track...:biggrin:

Did you see what the last GTS1000 went for on Ebay?:eek:

Hugh said:
Are you referring to this one? It didn't sell. I recently parted ways with mine for $4500.00.

Yesterday, One went for close to 10K (Near mint) low low miles.. He had it marketed correctly..
He had quality bidders as well..

This is mine:
4741DSC00337_Medium_.JPG

Attachments

• DSC00305 (Medium).JPG
    DSC00305 (Medium).JPG
    89.8 KB · Views: 47
  • DSC00311 (Medium).JPG
    DSC00311 (Medium).JPG
    94.5 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
len3.8 said:
:eek:

Sweetness!!!!! Ducs rule the curvies.:eek: :eek:

If you mean looks, then yes, if you mean the roads, then no. :D

And damn this thread has seen many resurrections! :)

Twinsen said:
If you mean looks, then yes, if you mean the roads, then no. :D
Experience:confused: :smile:

And what do you think of troy Bayliss in the SBK Superbike with the Ducati?
bayliss.jpg

Last edited:
Bow Down!!!!!!
bowdown.gif
Hail to the chief!!!!
Newbee on the block. Stealth and Smooth, Very Smooth
ZX14/ZZR1400

Last edited:
I went to my local dealer this week to take a look at the ZX-14 but they didn't have one. I did however pick up the brochure. I got a kick out the last line of text in the brochure. "Note: To all birds of prey, it's time to fly the coop. The Ninja rules."

Too funny!

len3.8 said:
Bow Down!!!!!!
bowdown.gif
Hail to the chief!!!!
Newbee on the block. Stealth and Smooth, Very Smooth
ZX14/ZZR1400

Mazel Tov! Beautiful bike. Ride safely and respect her incredible power.

Schnitz Racing already has a lot of goodies for the ZX-14.

Hugh said:
I got a kick out the last line of text in the brochure. "Note: To all birds of prey, it's time to fly the coop. The Ninja rules."

Too funny!

That is kinda corny...
Honestly, I will have to take their word for it, below 4k RPM it's pretty tame, Above that number it gets pretty aggressive quickly. Guys are throwing turbos on them already... I mean do you really need to go faster than 200+MPH? Not me.

Thanks, Tony. It does match up well with the X, Got tired of waiting for Honda to come out with the Blackbird replacement. Oh well, there is always next summer.:smile:

len3.8 said:
That is kinda corny...
Honestly, I will have to take their word for it, below 4k RPM it's pretty tame, Above that number it gets pretty aggressive quickly.

Just like the Busa. She's as tame as a pussy cat if I want her to be but I'm always keenly aware of what can happen with a twist of the wrist. Just be careful in the lower gears because the front will come up VERY easily. I'm not going to max out the bike anymore. I did it when she was new and scared the shit out of myself. In fact I replaced the rear sprocket with one with 3 more teeth, lowering the top speed but making for a noticeable increase in acceleration. I have to be VERY careful with the throttle. She'll easily powerlift in 4th and 5th going well over 100 MPH.

Can't wait to see what Suzuki's reply to the ZX-14 is.

Hugh said:
Just be careful in the lower gears because the front will come up VERY easily. I'm not going to max out the bike anymore. I did it and scared the shit out of myself. I have to be VERY careful with the throttle. She'll easily powerlift in 4th and 5th going well over 100 MPH.

Can't wait to see what Suzuki's reply to the ZX-14 is.

Ditto on all that I truncated...
The Next Busa will 1 up the ZX, They are all getting pretty frickin Ridiculous, Their core purchasers have started to change on the "SuperBikes" Busa, ZX, Blackbirds... Due to the extreme price of insurance.
Some of the guys bought the ZX and were crying when they received their insurance quotes, in some cases they are paying $2500+ a year. That is insane, I would guess the average age of the ZX owner is over 37 years of age.

Back