• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

sport bikes

I've tried a new R-6, R-1, loved them both but settled for a Honda VFR 800.
It has the best of both worlds for me. Comfortable riding position, handling, and the power - while nothing compared to other sport bikes...goes fast enough. I've been 160+ mph on the R-1 and don't like having that kind of power so easily available. Know your weaknesses and limits.
The CBR 954 is an awsome bike. Have fun!

I ride a 2000 Kawasaki ZX6R and love it. I've thought about trading up to a liter class bike but damn, mine's fast enough! and it's paid for!

b. gill - my main riding buddy has the '03 VFR 800, he loves it. Have you done any mods? he did the Staintune pipes w/K&N filter and Power Commander and it sounds awesome!

Attachments

• my 6r.jpg
    my 6r.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 1,522
No mods other than Double Buble windscreen and fender eliminator kit.
Removed the rear pass footpegs and handles - much cleaner look. Liked the single sided swingarm look.

Would love to beef up the sound. Any more info on your friends mods?

Attachments

• vfr800sm.gif
    vfr800sm.gif
    27.8 KB · Views: 1,569
nice bikes. just curious, as i havent ridden (hard) any of the 600 class bikes.

Do they 'throttle wheelie' in first?

this cbr is crazy on the throttle. 15 mph rolling in first, snap the throttle, and the front wheel comes right up.

very controllable, but a little shocking the first time.

I have to rev it up a bit to get the front wheel up, but I'm not really comfortable with doing wheelies. Maybe that's why I don't want a liter bike! Maybe I've watched too many of those LA Extreme videos where they show the wrecks...

I have been an avid motorcycle enthusiast and currently have the following sport bikes:

'97 Ducati 996 SPS
'99 Laverda 750 Formula
'01 Suzuki Hayabusa turbo (404 rwhp)

They are each unique and have great character. The open air and the power to weight ratio is truly intoxicating.

Ride safely
:rolleyes:

Ben

I don't know if I qualify, I am looking at a Sport Tourer.
I can't decide between the Yamaha FZ1 or the Ducati ST3, or the Yamaha FJR1300.
I am coming off a VTX 1800C definitely not a sport bike.

Ben how in the hell do you ride a Busa with 400+HP?
Geez , I don't have em that large. That is wicked.

That's a sweet R1!
Bling Bling.

len3.8
The Yamaha FZ1 is a great bike
The FJR1300 is awsome for long trips

And the Ducati was a dream of mine - but I was scared away by maintenance costs.

b.gil, You are so right on the Duc. I just got the costs of the maint. schedule for the ducatis today...:eek:
I really have narrowed it down to the FZ1 or FJR1300
Checking out both tomorrow. A couple of friends have the FJR1300s, I like them, but Ireally like the fact of the FZ1 being a mixed bag. It's able to serve 2 purposes...
Thanks

I just bought this bike, haven't had many days yet to enjoy it.

It is an Agusta F4 Special Parts bike if anyone is interested.

Attachments

• agusta side view (3).jpg
    agusta side view (3).jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 1,430
some nice bikes, guys!!

i considered the ducati, but service seemed an issue here in KC (the costs werent real enticing either).

the augusta looks great. How is the maintenance schedule/cost?

Agree on the fz. good choice for dual purpose.

Down the road i may get a touring or a harley.

Hey Tom, I'm no track racer (yet), but i grew up on dirt bikes and rode them pretty hard. So i've still got the fundamentals to keep it under control. Just gotta watch out for you cagers.:eek:

HAD:
vfr800
cbr900

HAVE:
RC51
(3) CBR F3 600
CRF 50
I have more fun on the 50. Parking lot racing

Currently 6 bikes.
2000 Honda CBR929RR
1995 Honda NSR 250 SP
1992 Honda NSR 250
1989 Yamaha YSR50
1989 Yamaha YSR50
1989 Yamaha YSR50
Steve

I always ran a detector on all my bikes. I bought a universal cigarette lighter with a bracket, mounted it and hardwired it to the ignition. I would simply plug it in and mount via velcro to a custom aluminum bracket mounted off the windscreen bracket. When I would park, I could just unplug and stuff under the seat. I also cut the power cord so it was just long enough as well.

I love bikes too since a young age!

I currently have in the garage:

- 2001 Ducati 748S mono(yellow w/white tail)
- 2001 Yamaha R1 (red/blk)

But by far, my favorite bike in the MV Agusta that CarGuy has!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: I love the way that bikes looks!!!

Regards,
- Z

Bought a Buell XB9SL last year and a Harley Sportster 2 years ago.
The Buell is a nice bike, for American ! Well put together and thought out. Can't say that for the Harley, even though Buell is owned by Harley, but hey, its better than telling your grandkids you bought aluminum siding instead !!

BH

Back