• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Spotted Schaumburg Silver w/ Pop Ups

Usually no one in Illinois ever replies back, i've seen multiple threads of spotted nsxs' including one I did and it's as if the owner is not on here or doesn't want people to know, kinda sad actually. It seems like in the Chicago area there is very little activity or at least not documented on prime. I was going to create a new spotted thread actually. Should I make a new one or just post it here? Maybe we should make an official spotted thread for the Chicago area?

I've noticed the same. Unfortunately, since I have moved to Chicago, I've noticed that most individuals here are not very personable and open to meeting others. Or maybe I'm just not approachable? But I've definitely noticed how "cliquey" the scene is in Chicago, and Prime seems to get the older generation while the younger guys around here have other outlets on the Internet.

^ You might have a point but then again not everyone is like that, as I have met at least one great local prime member:) I saw a black na1 on 20 exiting toward 31 north in Elgin a few days ago. It would be great to be able to meet up now that I have mine:) Im hoping this nsx owner says hi soon. Either way, Paul where are you? Let's meet up soon!

Funny, I spotted a black NSX on Saturday going westbound on Lake Cook Rd in Palatine while in my NSX. I honked but the driver didn't look. Not sure how he did not hear my triple air horns!!

I sort of agree with the old crowd comments, but there are at least 4 of us I know of that are younger than 35. I'm 27, red 91 in North Aurora. I go to all the supercar Saturdays in Bolingbrook (not this weekend though) and actually the organized meets have been really successful both young and old.

Anyone wants to meet up in the western suburbs let me know, I work a lot and it always works better for me to join in than to organize it myself.

I only think I could identify Synth's ride for obviou reasons. I have yet to attend an of the super car saturdays, how are they?

How about this : let's pick a Super Car Saturday and make plans to introduce ourselves in person. If we don't like each other or find the other's face disturbing or repulsive, we will still have plenty of automotive eye candy to keep us busy. We could shoot for a few weeks out I guess, just so our books can be cleared for the event. I have yet to attend one of these events, but it has more to do with not knowing anyone than anything else. That, and I unfortunately don't own a super car.

Look up their website, the last one is probably this Saturday and any car is welcome (and any car shows up).

I wish I had known about these. I have a game that day, I coach high school soccer so I can't make it. But now I have something to look forward to next year :)

How about this : let's pick a Super Car Saturday and make plans to introduce ourselves in person. If we don't like each other or find the other's face disturbing or repulsive, we will still have plenty of automotive eye candy to keep us busy. We could shoot for a few weeks out I guess, just so our books can be cleared for the event. I have yet to attend one of these events, but it has more to do with not knowing anyone than anything else. That, and I unfortunately don't own a super car.

last one is September 7 - bolingbrook promenade...

let's meet up there...

Hi that's great! I'm 27 do you live in Elgin? I do, we should meet up sometime.:biggrin:

I can't believe I missed this thread :), I also wish we had more meets and gatherings but most of the owners in the area are very busy and it's hard to synchronize.

How about if we do a small coffee meet on a week day evening? Maybe next Tuesday or Thursday? It would be great if we could talk about the cars while standing next to them. Thoughts?

How about next Thursday at Streets of Woodfield? We can park somewhere close to Starbucks, I get out of work at 7pm so I can be there by 8-8:15pm

^ Sure, this will be perfect for you since you will have a chance to see different cars and that may help you make your choice in future.

I will create a separate thread about this in our local section.

Hope to make it. I am one of the old guys (54) who browses prime weekly (time challenged not tech skills) and tries to make as many meets as I can. Paul (Brylek) and Phil (Pruhnke -- another old guy), are great Chgo area NSX ambassadors and generally attract 10 to 15+ cars at their meets. For those looking for a welcoming group of NSX enthusiasts in our area please join in on one of their events. I look forward to meeting some new members -- young and old. -joe

Back