• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Spreading the news to Bay Area NSX Primer's.. Detail Day!

Hey guys,

So I said I'd get one going a LONG time ago.. and never followed through for the summer. I was super busy all summer long. Now that I've been able to collect myself and get back in a normal routine, I will be hosting a detail day in the very near future.

The date is still TBD, but I'm hoping by the end of the month.

Blacktrax Performance has been kind enough to open it's doors for us in order to get an ample amount of space to show everyone how to properly detail their car!

This will be an s2ki bay area and NSX Prime exclusive event so please keep it to just s2000s and NSXs (other car clubs are coming in the future).

I'm hoping to get 10-20 cars involved. This is just a feeler for now.

Last time I demo'd one car, because that's all we had time for. This time it will be an all day event, and I want to be able to do MULTIPLE cars. And choose cars to show different circumstances of paint condition.

What will be covered:

- The "right" products to be used while washing a car
- How to properly wash a car to minimize excess micro marring
- How to clay a car
- How to take care of stubborn wheels (track wheels)
- How to prevent future swirling
- How to properly degrease an engine bay
- Proper car of interior and leather surfaces

I will also be demo'ing what swirl removal is on Jei's (of Blacktrax) car. To show how good paint looks in the shade, how bad it can look on the same car in the sun, and then also how to remove those swirls, and protect the finish after.

I'm just getting a feeler for how many people will be there, and maybe some product offerings? :wink:

Post up if you wanna come, it's FREE!!

You can count me in as well.

I'll keep an eye out for this and when the date is set I'll be able to give the go/no-go...

J

Hey guys,

So I said I'd get one going a LONG time ago.. and never followed through for the summer. I was super busy all summer long. Now that I've been able to collect myself and get back in a normal routine, I will be hosting a detail day in the very near future.

I'm just getting a feeler for how many people will be there, and maybe some product offerings? :wink:

Post up if you wanna come, it's FREE!!

Sorry can't make it that day!

That's good.

What day is it we're talking about?

Hi Ken,

Don't have a clue ...but the end of the month came and went..

If he meant this month...I have commitments every day..

Hi Ken,

Don't have a clue ...but the end of the month came and went..

If he meant this month...I have commitments every day..

He posted the thread on the last day of September so I serioulsy doubt he meant September.

He posted the thread on the last day of September so I serioulsy doubt he meant September.

so did I....

To say "in the very near future" then, refer to that by qualifying it with 30 plus day period and using words like "hoping"......then asking if one would be available...

I should not have been so sarcastic.

I apologize

So, back to the question....When is this day?

so did I....

To say "in the very near future" then, refer to that by qualifying it with 30 plus day period and using words like "hoping"......then asking if one would be available...

I should not have been so sarcastic.

I apologize

So, back to the question....When is this day?

I figured maybe you just misread, or I was missing something, didn't think anything of it really :tongue:

With that said, I stated I don't have a set date because I'm waiting to hear back from product distributors on when/if I can get some product in, then I will post a firm date. I'm hoping by the end of *THIS* month (Maybe 2-3 weeks out..)

I figured maybe you just misread, or I was missing something, didn't think anything of it really :tongue:

With that said, I stated I don't have a set date because I'm waiting to hear back from product distributors on when/if I can get some product in, then I will post a firm date. I'm hoping by the end of *THIS* month (Maybe 2-3 weeks out..)

you best set a date regardless.

the races are next week and the local chapter of the NSXCA is throwing a picnic (free food) on Sunday, October 25, 2009

If you want people to attend your event.. give them a date so they can tell you if they can attend on said date.

you can always reschedule the day if it does work for folks.

you best set a date regardless.

the races are next week and the local chapter of the NSXCA is throwing a picnic (free food) on Sunday, October 25, 2009

If you want people to attend your event.. give them a date so they can tell you if they can attend on said date.

you can always reschedule the day if it does work for folks.

I best set a date?

There will be plenty of notice. Patience, young padiwan, patience.

The OP just asking how many NSX owners are interested in this event and if you are interested, just raise your hand. No need to give him a bunch of crap. When he get the amount of people interested as he planned, then he can work on the details like the date and time. If there are only a hand full of people interetsed, why waste his time to set everything up. Make sense?

The OP just asking how many NSX owners are interested in this event and if you are interested, just raise your hand. No need to give him a bunch of crap. When he get the amount of people interested as he planned, then he can work on the details like the date and time. If there are only a hand full of people interetsed, why waste his time to set everything up. Make sense?

Thanks for the clarification for those who didn't understand the first post, much appreciated!

How about we start a list for those who are "interested" on a detailing demo. This is a tentative list pending date. If you can't make it, take your name off.

1. Dahlsim
2. Juejaimon
3. NMYMIRR
4. Whatisreal7
5. 02#154
6. Paladin
7. ChopJazz
8. Aridon99
9. Harbormaster
10 Larrynsx
11 NSX GT
12 NSFRBLX

How about we start a list for those who are "interested" on a detailing demo. This is a tentative list pending date. If you can't make it, take your name off.

1. Dahlsim
2. Juejaimon
3. NMYMIRR
4. Whatisreal7
5. 02#154
6. Paladin
7. ChopJazz
8. Aridon99
9. Harbormaster
10 Larrynsx
11 NSX GT
12 NSFRBLX
13 DansPlan

So your suggestion is for a list indicating interest only.... correct?:confused:

Cause I don't know if I can't make it since I don't what day this is being held. Do I leave my name on...then?

I'm so confused now....where is my my Jedi master..?:tongue:

So your suggestion is for a list indicating interest only.... correct?:confused:

Cause I don't know if I can't make it since I don't what day this is being held. Do I leave my name on...then?

I'm so confused now....where is my my Jedi master..?:tongue:

You got it. List is only to show who would be interested. No contracts, no commitments and no payments. Just leave your name on list until a confirmed date is posted.

Back