• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Spy pics of new NSX??

Oh man that is to bad I watched that video this morning and it had my adrenalin so pumped up I was about to sell my NSX and buy 1. It does O to 60 in just under 3 sec. I will search for another video...

Really a beast!
Anyone know if it can be made street legal in the US?
It just might fix my craving for a motorcycle....

Cheers,

Max

GeNSX said:
Anyone know if it can be made street legal in the US?
Hey Max, the process to make it street-legal varies state-to-state. There are street-legal ones in WA and OR. I heard there is a street-legal one in TX, but never confirmed. Some good info is available on the American Atoms forum at Atom Club. In case, you have not seen it, here's the Brammo (US Atom builder)'s site: http://www.arielatom.com/. :)

Ojas,

Thanks for the link. Lots of good reading there.
Now I just need a 4 car garage to house the goodies since the Atom is definitely not an leave it outside kind of car.

Miss y'all in Texas.. NC is freaking humid!

Max

GeNSX said:
Ojas,

Thanks for the link. Lots of good reading there.
Now I just need a 4 car garage to house the goodies since the Atom is definitely not an leave it outside kind of car.

Miss y'all in Texas.. NC is freaking humid!

Max

yea a 4 car garage, lol that's what I need!!

But man that car is something spectacular to watch go around that track!

Ojas said:
Hey Max, the process to make it street-legal varies state-to-state. There are street-legal ones in WA and OR. I heard there is a street-legal one in TX, but never confirmed. Some good info is available on the American Atoms forum at Atom Club. In case, you have not seen it, here's the Brammo (US Atom builder)'s site: http://www.arielatom.com/. :)

The one's built in the US by Brammo are US versions, therefore legal in the US. All it takes to make one street legal is to buy it and put plates on it.

I wonder if buying the most striped down version is even worth it? I mean the difference is 40k. I was thinking I would have to get the 300hp Honda SC engine, and maybe the big brake package... Anyone else build a custom version???

isellpower said:
The one's built in the US by Brammo are US versions, therefore legal in the US. All it takes to make one street legal is to buy it and put plates on it.
Yeah, as noted in my original post, Brammo builds the US ones. However, the "put plates on it" part is not quite as simple as it is for a production vehicle. That's probably why nearly half of the topics in the American Atoms forum I linked to concern registration and street-legal issues. :)

Max, maybe you just need a lift. Actually, since the thing is pretty small and weighs nearly nothing, try rigging up one of these before you build that garage... :D

Attachments

• 5e02_sm.jpg
    5e02_sm.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 54
  • RY600-MI.JPG
    RY600-MI.JPG
    7.9 KB · Views: 50
Wowee that thing looks like a blast.:smile:

Ojas, I browsed through the forum, and yes - it looks like there are plenty of issues getting them registered. What's the deal with kit cars and registering them? I thought most of them were really rolling chassis, leaving the owner to install the engine and tranny. Does that somehow place them in a different category or something? If so, why would one not simply choose the "Self assembly kit - owner installed drivetrain" option on the Atom?

BTW, I couldn't find didly squat for relevant info on the Missouri DOR website...

docmarmo said:
Anyone else build a custom version???
Yea, $85K.:biggrin:

i wonder if anyone had made a body to put over it.. maybe a sleek design.. it'll be great if someone did because it'll be nice looking and fast!!

Back