• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

SRS light blinks under power

Today while driving my NSX and getting it on the SRS light blinked on. I finally went to a remote area and tried to see what conditions made it come on (braking hard, punching it, hard turns, etc.

The only time it would come on is when I had it floored and the revs were about 4000 and climbing. I did happen to notice that at 4000 the engine starts to act like a raped ape and the front-end lifts.

Any suggestions on what to do besides taking my car into the dealer?

------------------
Hal Jones
Lake Oswego, Oregon
95T Blk\Blk SportShift

On the driver side under the dash by foot pedals there is a connection of your SRS to power in the fuse block. Make sure the (yellow harness)wires are connected and your foot is not hitting wires or something.

Originally posted by steveny:
Stop flooring it?

Sorry I've been around my wife too long. She's the original digital driver. It's either all the way on or off.

Thanks Scott I'll check it out.

[This message has been edited by hejo (edited 04 April 2001).]

Originally posted by nsxman:
Do a specific gravity test on your battery to check that it is fully charged. Low battery voltage will often cause the SRS condition you cite.

Is this something that should have been checked in a 30k service?

Airbag has to be checked every 10 yrs. what year is your car?

Edit- Sorry, just saw your signature on the first post. It's 95
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Andrie Hartanto (edited 04 April 2001).]

Is this something that should have been checked in a 30k service?

It's not part of the standard maintenance schedule (see http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/Maintenance/schedule.htm ). However, a battery that is kept fully charged will normally last five to seven years before needing replacement. If you still have the original battery in your '95, this is about the time that you would want to have it checked every once in a while.

Originally posted by FAQ Nazi:
If you still have the original battery in your '95, this is about the time that you would want to have it checked every once in a while.

The battery was replaced a little over 2 years ago. The car was a garage queen that sat for about 2 years. When the previous owner decided to sell the car he had to buy a new battery. However during lunch I'm going to check the wiring and the battery out.

Hal, Did you ever find anything out about your SRS light? My light is on and I was trying to see if there was anything else that could be done short of just taking it to the dealer. I have checked the connections and they all look good. Maybe it's the ten year thing, my car is a 91. Just curious if you found anything out.

------------------
Jason

Well I checked everything out that was suggested with nothing being found wrong. The good news is it hasn't happened sense. I suspect it was the wiring by my foot and lokikng at it probably seated the connection.

Nows it's back to 4k and beyond... oops too much bud light year in the house.

------------------
Hal Jones
Lake Oswego, Oregon
95T Blk\Blk SportShift

Back