• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

St. Louis area ownership

Guys, I got one of those switch/harnesses for exercising the anti-lock brake solenoids and flushing the system, and running the pump independently. After I run through my system it would be available to borrow locally, if anyone is having ABS problems. I'm still looking for the ABS bleeder tool, missed out on that three times recently! I'm trying to get my ABS functioning normally in order to avoid having to rebuild the pump.

Sad note... my wife informs me that we're going out of town the weekend of the next C&C at Westport, so I won't make that one.

Dave, I was actually planning on buying that harness myself, as my ABS makes that weird sound if I let the car sit for more than a week. I will borrow it from you after you are done with your car, but I might need your help on how to use it. As for bleeding brakes, I heard its like any other car.

Sure thing, Rahul. There's a video on how to exercise the solenoids so I'll link that to you. Bleeding the brake system is just like any other car, but the ABS is a totally separate hydraulic system and is bled separately. The problem is it's super high pressure and there's a special "T-bleeder" tool that bleeds the system at a special fitting at the ABS pump, and captures the fluid. That tool is NLA from Honda. I've been looking for one for months and missed buying two on Prime by minutes, and a couple on eBay too. My car does the same as yours and I think just running through the solenoids will likely fix it, for a while at least.

Last edited:
Dave, I will find that bleeder tool and buy it. Once I get my hands on one I will call you, whats your phone number?

Dave, I will find that bleeder tool and buy it. Once I get my hands on one I will call you, whats your phone number?

Well, good luck Rahul, I've been searching for one since February :-> NLA from Honda and apparently all inventory is exhausted. There have been several brand new ones pop up online, but they seem to sell instantly. Hope you can find one!

- - - Updated - - -

Well, good luck Rahul, I've been searching for one since February :-> NLA from Honda and apparently all inventory is exhausted. There have been several brand new ones pop up online, but they seem to sell instantly. Hope you can find one!

The part number is 07HAA-SG00101

I'll PM my phone number to you

Dave,

Yes we might not need the bleeder tool after all, I was talking to a friend from Florida, and he said that we can bleed it by manually activating the solenoids. That will back feed the system into the reservoir. you have to drain the resv first with either a turkey baster or a air powered vacuum brake bleeder, and then leave the cover on so it doesnt blow the fluid all over the place.

Let me know if you want to try this together, we can either do it at your place, or mine

I have new problems now - the ABS light is on, pump is not running and the ABS is not working. Let me sort this out before we proceed Rahul (which may be a while as I have limited time at the moment).

There's more info in this thread:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...-bleed-the-91-abs-system-without-the-T-wrench

and the diagnosis of a bad accumulator does require the T-bleeder. The guy that makes the solenoid test harness suggested a few things to check and I'll do that next. This is getting frustrating.

oh I bet, so I am guessing I might have the same problem. Damn it, I thought I was done with all the maintenance on this car, something comes up again. I guess older cars always require something to be done every year

In the words of Chicken Man, " Welllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll" Good News: Our car prices are generally rising. Bad News: Not at National Auctions. 2 latest from Mecum Indy, stopped the bidding at 44 & 46K, not sold. The $46 apparently had a reserve of 61. Not sure of anything but the ending scenario. We're not the only ones that don't do well at National Auctions. 2 Maserati's Cambiocorsas an 04 and 02, both listing originally near 85k sold for 22 and 15. Again, condition not known, but good enough to go to Mecum. Note that our millenial editions are pushing the 100 mark, from what I've seen.

I'm keeping mine till I can't get in it. Have a few friends that really complain about that. I tell them to put their butts in first, suck it up and get over it, watch their heads, and then pull their feet in. Happiness is driving one of these, even for an old guy. Perhaps even moreso for an old guy.
Best to you all,
Don

Last edited:
HA! I'm with you Don... gets a little tougher to get in or out each time, but the car is not going anywhere. And I think prices are still VERY strong for private sales.

Did anyone make to last weekend's C&C at Westport, and if so did you get there in time to park on the Big Boy lot? Ha!

I had a great weekend drive to Paducah, KY with my lovely bride. Averaged 85-90 MPH most of the way there and back. My ABS light was on the whole time but I trained myself to ignore it. Got that straightened out when we got back, back to square one on the ABS (there's a thread going). I'm thinking I need an accumulator, and still looking for the bleeder tool too.

Dave, I took the car down from stands after a month. It was out of commission to install new rear valance, side skirts, and red alcantara door car inserts. And I was surprised that the ABS didn't make any sounds this time, after starting for the first time in a month (I wonder why). Anyways the car came out to be real nice, thanks to Tyler with all the help. Without him it would still be on the stands. We did not go to the C&C past weekend, as we were working on the car

Just an FYI for those of you that didn't get the Wall St. Journal weekend edition this week. Full page article on the new one. Hope that you all get a chance to read.
D

Awareness

Discovered during a car cleanup, that I had some raw aluminum exposed in the trunk. Here's the reason after looking at my son-in-law's 98 with 70,000 fewer miles. Check out the black grommet on the trunk lid hinge tab. Improved my rattles coefficient greatly. Now the car is quieter than ever, and as you all know, the Targas are known for being noise prone. Have now found 2 cars, mine and Tyler's that are missing them. I think these things age and just fall off. Pic attached and part number is 74826-SLO-000 and is about $7 a pair. Can get cheaper on line but shipping........................... Take a look at your car and let us all know what you find. Think there are more missing on the older cars than we could imagine.
Best,
Don

attachment.php

Attachments

• nsx trunk tab.jpg
    nsx trunk tab.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 200
I think they maybe prone to just fall out, Don. When I get mine today, I think I'll put some 3M double sided tape inside and hope that it will secure it in place. :biggrin:

- - - Updated - - -

I just installed the rubber grommet and I noticed my trunk lid sits a lot more flush with the quarter panels. It's been bugging me for the longest time and now I am sooooo pleased. My OCD and I thank you for this discovery, Don. :biggrin:

Last edited:
Yeah, that's a great little fix! Brings the deck lid up to where it should be. I added a drop of gel super glue to mine. There are little rubber bumpers at the headlights too (if I recall, two per side?) Those fall out and replacements will stop the headlights from wiggling.

ABS bleeder tool... I've got one you fellas are welcome to use.

lmk and we can set up a date to knock a few out.

I dont get on here much, you can email me tstruyk at frenchgerleman or call/text 3142838592 for a quicker response.

Tim

Anyone doing the Westport C&C on Saturday? There's a lot of the group here that either aren't looking at, or replying to posts. To use an old guy expression, "Is there anyone there? Buehler, Buehler, anyone, anyone" Oh so old. Wondering what has happened to this group. PM'd the Captain and haven't gotten a response. Not sure if he's still here.

Looking to replace the 04 RL sedan. Best vehicle I have ever owned, outside the NSX of course, now 12 years and 180,000. It will be for sale shortly at a reasonable price. Pristine mechanical and excellent cosmetic condition. Totally gassed the retirement gig, and will need a road worthy brand new steed for at least the next 3 years, as we're going with a start up, and doing a bit of traveling. Considering leasing. Anyone have an opinion. RLX is a wallowing luxury coach. The ILx is too small. TSX wagon might have done the job, but looking at the TLX, believe it or not in the 4 banger version, only because of the reviews on the 9 speed tranny, not getting the support of the community.

My X is outta commission for a week or so, Don. As you know, my wheels have to be redone due to the front driver side wheel.

If you want company... I'll join you but will have to drive my daily. I'll text Rahul and see if he wants to go.

Sorry guys, I forgot my password and didn't feel like spending time to reset the password. Of-course I finally did it. I am not sure about the C&C this weekend, even if I go I would probably take my daily.

Thanks,
Rahul

Couldn't make it this Saturday, due to not having any time to even wash the car, due to record amounts of business and the birth of our 3rd grandchild on Thursday. I seriously wish things would slow down a bit.

I did find a complete, very low mileage ABS system (only $300 from Ben at Daisey Auto). Trying to decide if I want to swap out the whole thing or just the accumulator globe. Funny thing is, I bled the ABS system (pressure was very low due to accumulator being shot, so it was easy), and now the pump hardly ever runs and when it does it's much quieter! The ABS does work, just not at full potential, so I may just leave it alone for the foreseeable future.

I'd like to make the next C&C for sure. Heading to North Carolina the week before but I expect to be back in time to get the car ready. Let's all keep in touch here. I'd just like to get there early enough to be on the main lot. BTW Don, I'm subscribed to this thread with e-mail notification, but I never get the notifications so I have to remember to check it. I may try deleting and re-initiaing that.

Last edited:
Hope to be at the next C&C, Dan Thanks for the invite. Here's what the last 3 weeks have looked like following discovery of a 17mm kidney stone. Till today, thought we would put in the front yard with a spot light on it! Blasted by the INdiana Jones of St. Louis Urology.
attachment.php

Attachments

• dr blath smashing the stone001.jpg
    dr blath smashing the stone001.jpg
    261.6 KB · Views: 76
lol that was funny Don. Hope you are recovering fast, so you could join us on some fun activities before salt hits our roads again

Bro and Sis under the skin, but 20 years apart.
attachment.php

Attachments

• Brother and sister001.jpg
    Brother and sister001.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 63
Oh my, Don... you finally replaced the RL with the new TLX! I love your color choice too! As you may know, I'm participle to white. :wink:

Back