• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Stacy skirts and door panels?

I installed the Stacy skirts and tried to put on the door panels. I found out the Stacy skirts are not even with the doors. Especially the front ends of the Stacy skirts. Does anyone have a problem with Stacy skirts and door panels not being flushed with each others?

Let's post the pictures.

I installed the Stacy skirts and tried to put on the door panels. I found out the Stacy skirts are not even with the doors. Especially the front ends of the Stacy skirts. Does anyone have a problem with Stacy skirts and door panels not being flushed with each others?

Let's post the pictures.

Mine seem to fit great... can you post pics of yours and highlight what you're talking about?

Is it supposed to be like this? As you can see, the Stacy skirt hangs out a little bit. Please see the pictures.

Warning - this is only temporary to see the fitment.

Picture 093.jpgPicture 091.jpgPicture 092.jpg

Picture 094.jpgPicture 095.jpgPicture 096.jpg

Last edited:
fitment was the exact reason why i chose to return mine and have my factory skirts custom modded instead. by the time the body shop would have spent getting the stayc's to fit flush and correctly, i would have been into them hundreds of more $. while i really liked the look of the stacy's style skirts, i did not want to spend the $ it would have cost to have them fit correctly.... now i have FACTORY side skits with custom modded vents..... could not be happier !!!!!

I've installed several sets of these types of flare side panel kits of different brands. They all fit about the same as this and always needs some work to make them fit right. I have never seen a aftermarket fiberglass part made by anyone that is not needing some work to make them fit like OEM parts.

Many people paint and install them and don't notice or are not bothered by the way they fit out of the box and declare them "perfect". That's cool.:cool:

Just out of curiosity.. How is everyone installing their door panels? I did not install mine just because i am not sure how to put them on. For some reason i am thinking the double sided tape will not hold the door panel in place and would hate to get out of my car and notice a panel is GONE!!!:eek:

Just out of curiosity.. How is everyone installing their door panels? I did not install mine just because i am not sure how to put them on. For some reason i am thinking the double sided tape will not hold the door panel in place and would hate to get out of my car and notice a panel is GONE!!!:eek:

The maker designed to use 3M double tape ( all weather proof type) . NO drilling into the doors. Once it sticks on the door, you will have a heck of the time to remove.
I bought OEM door panels for my Honda Ridgeline, they also use double adhesive tape. I have never had any problems or falling off.

Hello Joe, thanks for chiming in. So, is this not acceptable or is it the best it gonna get?

They usually need some reshaping to fit perfect. The best aftermarket add ons made of FRP, SMC and fiberglass are at best 75-80% right IMO.
Some are much worse.

The work needed may include shaving some areas and adding material or building up others.
This is normal for rigid aftermarket body panels. They need work and fitting to make them look like they are OEM.

Some people are just fine with the out of the box fit and some see the problems.

I really don't want to start a discussion over what brand parts fit great and are the best etc..
You are customizing the car so the parts may need some custom adjustments.

I don t have any real close up pictures of mine. This is the closest pic I have
IMG_2824.jpg

Back