• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Stating the Obvious.... State Yours

Just wanted to say how much I love empty freeway on ramps after a long week at work. Everything just seems to feel better at 5800 RPMs.

What is your obvious NSX experience?

Setting in traffic and the 78 year old man next to me is staring at my car the entire duration of the traffic light. If I could only read his mind.
.I'm sure I'll be that old man one day wishing I was younger.:frown:

I had to buy an engine hoist for my 2004 build, they had to Fork lift it and drive it to my NSX, they told me its never gonna fit.

I tell them watch.

I opened up my engine bay glass, and took each part out of the box layed down a towel to protect the carpet on the engine cover and spoiler,
then layed each 100lbs (300lbs total) peice on the cover and spoiler, my car looked like a low rider in the back, I was scared all of this weight would crack my spoiler, used Duct-Tape to tape down these huge heavy parts to the rear fenders, so they would not slide to the left or right, closed the engine bay glass as far as it would go and taped it to one of the parts and drove home. not one scratch on my spoiler.

but the looks I got from others was funny.

another time I had to get 15 24' 2x4's from Home depot
put down a towel on the passengerside interior door panel and stuck them all out the window. it was a towering monster LOL

and drove home slowly, but people looking at what was sticking out of my Exotic was the best.

Last edited:
Shawn - You're insane.

As much as I applaud you, I would never do that. It just screams "this is my only car and I have no other viable solution". Even though it may work, it's really not safe.

I will always opt to my SUV for practicality and errands, and side to the NSX to enjoy with fair weather sunny days and the occasionally drive to the office.

Shawn,
I LOVE seeing that you use the car for what it is...a mode of transportation. If that means having to get creative to find ways to haul things then more power to you !! Bravo !

Shawn,
Were those boards seriously 24 feet long, or was that a typo?

Obvious NSX experience?

Get blinded by every car you meet when driving at night! :cool:

Shawn-
WTF are you thinking? Seriously that is insane. I am amazed you didn't do any damage to your car but it is crap like that which leads to serious accidents and injuries. Rent a f'in truck next time for $20. Madness!

Drove my car through a flooded lane and watch one car stall in the middle of the road. Love the looks from other drivers. My car even made it in the newspaper driving through the flood.

I ripped the front fender liners driving through flood. Twice.

I had to buy an engine hoist for my 2004 build, they had to Fork lift it and drive it to my NSX, they told me its never gonna fit.

I tell them watch.

I opened up my engine bay glass, and took each part out of the box layed down a towel to protect the carpet on the engine cover and spoiler,
then layed each 100lbs (300lbs total) peice on the cover and spoiler, my car looked like a low rider in the back, I was scared all of this weight would crack my spoiler, used Duct-Tape to tape down these huge heavy parts to the rear fenders, so they would not slide to the left or right, closed the engine bay glass as far as it would go and taped it to one of the parts and drove home. not one scratch on my spoiler.

but the looks I got from others was funny.

another time I had to get 15 24' 2x4's from Home depot
put down a towel on the passengerside interior door panel and stuck them all out the window. it was a towering monster LOL

and drove home slowly, but people looking at what was sticking out of my Exotic was the best.

:confused:

Back