• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Stealth RT Turbo

I'm sure you all remember a topic I posted awhile ago about comparing a 92 Stealth RT Turbo to a 93 NSX. It somehow turned into a Supra/NSX battle. Well, I drove my friends Stealth the other night and... I'll just say there is NO comparison. I was not impressed the slightest bit with the Stealth. Bloated, chintzy, turbo lag and uninspiring.
I'll take the NSX -thank you.

True. The 3000GT/Stealth is a perfect example of a car that looks good on paper, but is a pig on the road. It will generate good acceleration and handling numbers, but lumbers about to do it. I used to run my Peter Farrell RX-7 at TWS a lot and a guy from here in Austin went out with me for a trip with his modified 3000GT. It was about 90% as fast as the Mazda on the track, but he went through (and I mean COMPLETELY) a set of street tires in about 20 min!!!!!!!!! I have never seen a suspension that worked the tires so hard. I ran my RX on the same set of tires for many, many track sessions.

I can remember a comparison/roundup article in one of the auto mags having the same problem. They needed something like three full sets of tires to get the Mitsu/Dodge through the track portion of their test.

Great to hear someone else feels the same way! That's what has always confused me -the number game. The Stealth/Mitsu might look good on paper but the driving experience doesn't add up.
Thanks for the reply.

Back