• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Stereo Installer/Body Shop Recommendations in South Florida

Hey guys, I sent a PMs to a couple south florida prime members with no reply so figured I'd post a thread to see if anyone can recommend a good stereo unit installer. I already have a composite center console and double din stereo along with back up camera. The guy I used to rely on has moved on to working on yachts and homes.

I also need a good body shop recommendation to install '02 rear valance/bumper & Type-R Spoiler.

Thanks in advance for the help

Hey guys, I sent a PMs to a couple south florida prime members with no reply so figured I'd post a thread to see if anyone can recommend a good stereo unit installer. I already have a composite center console and double din stereo along with back up camera. The guy I used to rely on has moved on to working on yachts and homes.

I also need a good body shop recommendation to install '02 rear valance/bumper & Type-R Spoiler.

Thanks in advance for the help

I can install your valance & spoiler for a small fee :biggrin:

As far as your stereo what are you looking to do?

Thanks Brooklynzson,

I've also got to remove the current (oval upward pointing) exhaust tips on my car as they will not work with 02' rear. So I was hoping the body shop could also take care of that. Otherwise, it has to be done first before installing the valance. I was hoping to get some tips similar to Oscar's (with the titanium blue burn look).

As far as the stereo: I have the SoS center console & a Kenwood Double din Nav. I need a clean install with my current "start" button and Nos switch to the SoS console.

Thanks Brooklynzson,

I've also got to remove the current (oval upward pointing) exhaust tips on my car as they will not work with 02' rear. So I was hoping the body shop could also take care of that. Otherwise, it has to be done first before installing the valance. I was hoping to get some tips similar to Oscar's (with the titanium blue burn look).

As far as the stereo: I have the SoS center console & a Kenwood Double din Nav. I need a clean install with my current "start" button and Nos switch to the SoS console.

Do what I did, take off your exhaust, have them cut the tips off, put the exhaust back on w/o tips & then put the valence & everything on. Then go get new tips welded on. All of that can be done in a few hours. There's a place by the BJ's in cutler ridge I went to to get my tips done. Oscar has slip on titanium covers. You can heat up your new tips to create that look, there is DIY thread on here somewhere that shows you how to do it.

Where on the console do you want the switch & start button to go? Do you wanna go the stealth route & put it where the ashtray is? I fabricated my edfc in there along w/ a usb port by myself.

http://nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=155992

Do what I did, take off your exhaust, have them cut the tips off, put the exhaust back on w/o tips & then put the valence & everything on. Then go get new tips welded on. All of that can be done in a few hours. There's a place by the BJ's in cutler ridge I went to to get my tips done. Oscar has slip on titanium covers. You can heat up your new tips to create that look, there is DIY thread on here somewhere that shows you how to do it.

Where on the console do you want the switch & start button to go? Do you wanna go the stealth route & put it where the ashtray is? I fabricated my edfc in there along w/ a usb port by myself.

http://nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=155992

I'm afraid I'm not as mechanically inclined to do this myself. I'll have to go to a shop to have the tips removed, then go to the recommended shop to have the new tips installed. How much effort is it to get the burned look as opposed to just purchasing the tips with the titanium blue already?

Does you stereo unit tilt? If so was there room to have that done behind the console? My ashtray has been removed and in it's place is a black fiberglass-like piece with the start button and NOS switch built in. The fiberglass piece was fitted just behind the surrounding console area around where the ashtray would have been.

Where in Miami are you located?

I'm afraid I'm not as mechanically inclined to do this myself. I'll have to go to a shop to have the tips removed, then go to the recommended shop to have the new tips installed. How much effort is it to get the burned look as opposed to just purchasing the tips with the titanium blue already?

Does you stereo unit tilt? If so was there room to have that done behind the console? My ashtray has been removed and in it's place is a black fiberglass-like piece with the start button and NOS switch built in. The fiberglass piece was fitted just behind the surrounding console area around where the ashtray would have been.

Where in Miami are you located?
To get the burned look its pretty easy: http://nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=145056&highlight=titanium+tips

My stereo tilts but not in the direction that would make it visible. There is room back there though. I did tilt the whole unit to make the bottom of the unit sit in about 1/4'' of an inch.

I'm in the Metro Zoo area. I work on cars on the side, I can take care of the exhaust too just let me know. The only shop that I go to is Marlin Motors its near the BJ's, right before the Home Depot. I took off my bumpers, sideskirts & valence & took them there to paint. That's the only shop I can recommend.

To get the burned look its pretty easy: http://nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=145056&highlight=titanium+tips

My stereo tilts but not in the direction that would make it visible. There is room back there though. I did tilt the whole unit to make the bottom of the unit sit in about 1/4'' of an inch.

I'm in the Metro Zoo area. I work on cars on the side, I can take care of the exhaust too just let me know. The only shop that I go to is Marlin Motors its near the BJ's, right before the Home Depot. I took off my bumpers, sideskirts & valence & took them there to paint. That's the only shop I can recommend.

Sounds like a plan. How much was it to paint your bumper, side skirts and valance? There are some point where the bumper should clip to the fender where the screws/clips broke. Think they can repair this?

Got some free time this weekend, just to meet out and hash out a plan? If so, give me a call. I'll PM you the number.

Back