sticker prices

What were the sticker prices of new NSXs 91-94?
For how many years were dealers selling them for more than sticker?
What were typical dealer add-on prices at that time?

Actually I still have the original Monrone sticker to my '91 and it retailed at 59,995 or some such. Not including ADM. I think the only thing mine was missing was the factory phone, so those WITH the phone probably went for just over 60K.

The MSRP for my '94 when I bought it new was $73,300, plus $700 for destination and handling charge. So the total price was $74K. I still have the sticker price that was on the window.

------------------
'00 NSX-T, silverstone/blk, #252

I have my original sticker and it's 60k for my 91. I also have the original bill of sale.... and that reads $111,000! The first few hundred to come to the country sold at ridiculous addendum prices. People were entered into a 'lottery' to be able to purchase a new NSX in 1991. If you were lucky enough to be in the 'lottery' , you were also lucky enough to pay 35-50k over sticker.... People were buying these cars and reselling them, literally, in the parking lot immediately after their purchase and turning 5-15k profits!!! It was insane. Imagine that now the sticker is 89,745 and you can get one for 80! 20-30k less than a new 1991! It's crazy what novelty and demand will do to market value.... Watch the same hike in premium happen when the new NSX arrives... Not only to the New one, but also and moreso to the first generation NSXs...

------------------
Todd Arnold
http://www.geocities.com/nsxcessive/index.html

Originally posted by Nsxotic:
I have my original sticker and it's 60k for my 91...If you were lucky enough to be in the 'lottery' , you were also lucky enough to pay 35-50k over sticker.

Some people will pay a premium to be FOB (first on block) to have the newest, most talked about car. Look at the ZR-1 and Prowler. I would like to ask one of those people if the car was really worth the over priced premium?

The owner of my previous 91 Silver/Black paid $60,000 + $600 destination charge in October 1990.

Sounds like a pretty good deal to me.

-- Chris

------------------
Chris Willson
www.ScienceofSpeed.com
www.NSXClassifieds.com

The owner of my previous 91 Silver/Black paid $60,000 + $600 destination charge in October 1990.

That was extremely unusual at that time.

The MSRP at the start of the '91 model year was indeed $60K+600 and they raised it $1K partway through the year.

Most dealers (throughout the country) were selling cars for $85-90K when they first came out around September 1, and in October prices were generally around $80K. By the end of the year most dealers were still asking and getting $70-75K.

Back