• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

STMPO NA2 RSTB - Fits all CTSC and SOS SC NSX's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eliminate cowl shake, maximize your handling, enhance your appearance.

The fixture will be complete the week of Christmas...

The STMPO RACE PRODUCTS NSX Targa Rear Strut Tower replaces the existing OEM strut tower brackets and strut tower.

This is the real deal in added chassis reinforcement. This product, just like every product we sell, is manufactured and finished here in our shop in Phoenix Arizona. We fabricate and finish all of our products in house. For custom finishes please send us an email..

This Strut Tower comes with the following characteristics never before offered:

1) This is one piece design without adjustments or brackets
2) The Strut Bar is crafted by hand using 4130 1 1/2 " .065 wall chromoly tubing which is F1 race spec standards
3) This tower replaces the OEM brackets and strut bar... not an addition to them
4) Tig welded with ER 308L stainless steel rod for strength
5) You get to choose the finish.we have so many to pick from

Intial pricing will be $595.00 for Black, White, Red, or Silver.

Custom finishes are available for an additional 75.00 (our cost at the body shop)

PM, Email, Call, for orders or additional information....

Regards

Ross
[email protected]
480-889-1483

na2 rstb ctsc sos sc 2.jpgna2 rstb ctsc sos sc 3.jpg

Put me down for one Ross. I need it the same custom blue that you did on the front bar. Thanks!

Looks great! Wish I had a targa.....and a supercharger! :biggrin:

Sorry for the crappy late night pics, but that's usually when I do all my wrenching. I just finished up about 10mins ago... the new bar is beautiful. Thanks a ton Ross!!!!

Here are some pics... including a quick comparo vs the Comptech abr.
P1080055.JPG

P1080059.JPG

P1080060.JPG

P1080062.JPG

Once Umbrella Auto Designs finishes up my blue stitched alcantara interior I'll be ready to sell the car finally! :wink:

Sorry for the crappy late night pics, but that's usually when I do all my wrenching. I just finished up about 10mins ago... the new bar is beautiful. Thanks a ton Ross!!!!

Here are some pics... including a quick comparo vs the Comptech abr.Once Umbrella Auto Designs finishes up my blue stitched alcantara interior I'll be ready to sell the car finally! :wink:

Does your car have the SOS intercooler?

No it doesn't... I can measure the room underneath there if you'd like. There seems to be some extra.

You're still able to use the engine cover?

The bar appears to have a little additional height on the passenger side, I think the SOS I/C adds 1.3" of height to the autorotor so it'll probable clear (which I believe was one of the design goals for this piece). I'm eager to see one of these bars on a SOS I/C equipped car.

Interesting, that makes me question whether the bar will clear the intercooler setup, SOS says the engine cover can't be used with the I/C's added height.

My SC still stands taller than the bar....

With or without the intercooler the bar stays in the same place.... Another inch may push the SC into the cover, but not the bar.

My SC still stands taller than the bar....

With or without the intercooler the bar stays in the same place.... Another inch may push the SC into the cover, but not the bar.

I think SOS mentioned this as well, the targa cover needs to be removed to clear the intercooled SC. So hopefully the RTSB Ross makes will clear the intercooled versions?

I think SOS mentioned this as well, the targa cover needs to be removed to clear the intercooled SC. So hopefully the RTSB Ross makes will clear the intercooled versions?

For those wondering on the innercooled SC's... The biggest hurdle to over come was figured out... (where to cope the bar).

I know we have over 1" of clearence above the nose of the SC. We can raise the appropriate arm an additional inch and offer this for the innercooled applications.

If anyone wants to place an order for a innercooled application... we would be willing to ship one at a higher bend to test the theory. If fitment does not meet standards... we will suppy a new bar until it does.

Let us know via pm/email/or a call

Regards

480-889-1483

Ross

Attachments

• P1000856.JPG
    P1000856.JPG
    73.4 KB · Views: 555
... anyone wants to place an order for a innercooled application... we would be willing to ship one at a higher bend to test the theory. If fitment does not meet standards... we will suppy a new bar until it does....

I wish mine was SOS SC's + intercooled now otherwise I'd love to help!

Here are some pics... including a quick comparo vs the Comptech abr.Once Umbrella Auto Designs finishes up my blue stitched alcantara interior I'll be ready to sell the car finally! :wink:

Hello Eric,

We loved the color so much we had our photographer take some pictures right after we finished it. Take a look:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

what does this weigh? The comptech is aluminum and very light, I am wondering how much heavier this is. It looks great except for that ugly blue color... is that LBBP?

It looks great except for that ugly blue color... is that LBBP?

LOL... That was the closest we could get on Volk Mag Blue... DrVolk actually has the wheels STMPO FCB / STMPO RSTB all color matched...

It actually looks pretty sweet and the blue sets off in the sun... IMO

The total weight is a very small gain over the stock and ct bars.

I learned not to post numbers of weight as it will take this thread into a downward spiral...

It think your question would be answered more appropriately by the opinions of those that own it already.

If any RSTB owners would voice their opinion on the weight it would be a huge benefit for all.

Almost everyone who owns this bar has called, emailed, or pm'ed me after the bar was installed.

The floor is yours guys... please do the rest of the community a favor...

Regards

bar is amazing!!!!! top notch
I have a Carbing Roll Cage in my car and it was a noticable stiffness upgrade to the Targa for sure!!!!

maybe a few lbs heavier. Just go on a f***in' diet dude!!!
only need to loss 3-5lbs
or better yet turn up the boost
if boostless....Ross can help you with that too w/ a K20.
That'll solve both issues and you can eat whatever you want.

Great products and great service!!!
thanks for being here Ross.

what does this weigh? The comptech is aluminum and very light, I am wondering how much heavier this is. It looks great except for that ugly blue color... is that LBBP?

Only a black car could swing a blue bar like that.. don't worry about it...

Btw- there is no doubt that the whole car is stiffer now. As much as I liked STMPO I was pretty skeptical about the claims of "stiffer chassis" etc etc.

I have to back my car out of a pretty steep driveway onto a flat road to drive it... my car always used to creak and scrape when I pulled it out. It no longer does either.

It's a small miracle... the damn bars really work.. and I'm not just saying it. I already have the free t-shirt.

I still have the lower NSX-R bar on the car.. I probably don't need it, but for the $$ I might as well leave it on there!

Oh and weight wise I didn't weigh the damn thing, but it wasn't heavy by any means. It probably weighs the same as the CT bar or close enough that it doesn't matter.

Last edited:
Eric can you do me a huge favor and weigh the Comptech bar?

Eric can you do me a huge favor and weigh the Comptech bar?

I sold it already... sorry man. It was pretty light tho.. does that help? lol.

Think about the difference between the stock bar and stock clamshell engine cover, vs the CT bar and CT engine cover. Even if the CT bar weighs 1lb more, the cover probably weighs 5lbs less.... so net gain goes to the CT setup over stock.

Someone must have weighed these things at some point. I should've done that, just wasn't thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back