• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

STMPO / SOS (moved from another thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's actually not a "fake" site on Dali's page since you can order from there. I heard he made it because people were complaining his site isn't as easy to browse as SOS's.

He also has a page for people with old computers.

Stephen

I was writing in this thread too: http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=138583
and I was with the other guys not throwing parts at the car until the reason for the unexpected result can easily be fixed/backed up. I didn't say not to buy STMPO products, I meant NOT until you go one step back. This is common sense to do so and of course I intervened as it looked like...
I'll not comment the rest of the thread. I don't see any sense. :rolleyes:

I guess I am guilty here also Ross.

I was going to add your front brace along with the targa rear but just kept pushing it off.
And now it'll be too late because I'm going to part out my car and sell it.

But I really do wish you would stick around. Not everyone is going to like every vendor.

I must say I am sad to see STMPO go, I was anticipating alot of things they have been working on the biggest being the K-swap components. I'll be honest I didn't read anything more than the first page as I am working lol.

I do however wanna express my dissapointment as I know alot of us in the last 2 years have reduced our spending on mods, I just hope Ross doesn't completely give up on our market as it is small and hard to to find good/innovative products..

This thread is unbelievable ...

All Chris did was introduce another forced induction option for NSX owners; nobody is forcing anyone to buy anything. Asking questions is one thing, but really, all of the snide comments and "eye-roll" smily's are just sad. Everyone (other vendors included) should be applauding his efforts; you'd have to be insane to open up a business dedicated to making aftermarket NSX parts, yet Chris has done so and managed to make it a success. Bravo to him and his staff for offering all of us ass-holes the chance to modify our cars and enjoy them just a little bit more. To say our market is niche would be an understatement; I'm still amazed that people continue to make parts for this community. And now all of a sudden we have all of the haters (and other people just trying to add to the fire) coming out of the shadows with their own agendas to trash a new product. Way to go.

I've never bought anything from Ross, mostly because I drive my car every day and it handles just fine (I'm obviously referring to his products that deal with the handling characteristics of the car, which seem to occupy the majority of his line-up). I certainly don't feel like I'm being lied to ... or that I need to be "liberated" from my ignorance; the bottom line is that I just don't need / want what he has to offer. It seems to me (from reading STMPO's posts since the company was founded) that Ross' point of view is that if you don't want to maximize the handling characteristics of your car regardless of how you drive it, you're a fool, and anything less than optimal is a waste. Personally, I'm fine with the (still excellent) handling characteristics of my car as is ... and I don't consider myself foolish for not wanting to upgrade to a more optimal level; it is just not necessary for me. I'm sure the products are nice and the prices are fair, but if you are going to run a business in this market you have to sell what the people need / want ... not necessarily what you think they want (even though it may indeed be beneficial to the handling characteristics of the car). Obviously, I'm sure the people who actually track their cars (unfortunately probably less than 1%) love the products and enjoy their car more during a high performance driving day, but they are few and far between.

If you're leaving the NSX market because you aren't making any money, that is completely understandable. But if you're leaving because another vendor is more successful than you than perhaps you should re-evaluate your product line-up and do some research on what sells and what doesn't. This, of course, is the economist in me talking ... But really, either way, as a vendor there is no need to hate on another vendors product just because you think yours is better. Put your products out to the public and let the consumers decide whats best. Additionally, you literally may not care if someone won't buy your product because of the way you conduct yourself on the forum, but, in effect you are losing customers that way whether you want to recognize it or not. This, of course, will continue to hamper your success in what is already an incredibely small market. And yea, we get it, you're a "genius" and you don't care at all; but if that's the case, maybe this venture is better off as a part time hobby in lieu of a full time gig. Just some (hopefully useful) advice to consider.

For what its worth, Chris has been working on my car for years and I wouldn't have it any other way. I don't have one negative thing to say about him or his business in all of the times I've been there. In addition, Jeff is an excellent mechanic, and I never have to worry about anything when my car is in the shop. It seems to me that the negative responses to this (and the other thread) are from people who are angry that their experiences haven't been like mine, and for some reason have decided to take out their frustrations on a new turbo kit (I'm still confused about the logic there) but it is extremely obvious that these guys are in the minority. But then there are others who, from what I can tell, don't even own an NSX and haven't even been around for a year that feel the need to chime in with uninformed comments. Do me and everyone else a favor, please do some research first before posting in the future because it is obvious you don't know what people like Chris and Danny have done for the community.

Ugh, time for a drink .... Ketel One anybody?

This thread is unbelievable ...

All Chris did was introduce another forced induction option for NSX owners; nobody is forcing anyone to buy anything. Asking questions is one thing, but really, all of the snide comments and "eye-roll" smily's are just sad. Everyone (other vendors included) should be applauding his efforts; you'd have to be insane to open up a business dedicated to making aftermarket NSX parts, yet Chris has done so and managed to make it a success. Bravo to him and his staff for offering all of us ass-holes the chance to modify our cars and enjoy them just a little bit more. To say our market is niche would be an understatement; I'm still amazed that people continue to make parts for this community. And now all of a sudden we have all of the haters (and other people just trying to add to the fire) coming out of the shadows with their own agendas to trash a new product. Way to go.

I've never bought anything from Ross, mostly because I drive my car every day and it handles just fine (I'm obviously referring to his products that deal with the handling characteristics of the car, which seem to occupy the majority of his line-up). I certainly don't feel like I'm being lied to ... or that I need to be "liberated" from my ignorance; the bottom line is that I just don't need / want what he has to offer. It seems to me (from reading STMPO's posts since the company was founded) that Ross' point of view is that if you don't want to maximize the handling characteristics of your car regardless of how you drive it, you're a fool, and anything less than optimal is a waste. Personally, I'm fine with the (still excellent) handling characteristics of my car as is ... and I don't consider myself foolish for not wanting to upgrade to a more optimal level; it is just not necessary for me. I'm sure the products are nice and the prices are fair, but if you are going to run a business in this market you have to sell what the people need / want ... not necessarily what you think they want (even though it may indeed be beneficial to the handling characteristics of the car). Obviously, I'm sure the people who actually track their cars (unfortunately probably less than 1%) love the products and enjoy their car more during a high performance driving day, but they are few and far between.

If you're leaving the NSX market because you aren't making any money, that is completely understandable. But if you're leaving because another vendor is more successful than you than perhaps you should re-evaluate your product line-up and do some research on what sells and what doesn't. This, of course, is the economist in me talking ... But really, either way, as a vendor there is no need to hate on another vendors product just because you think yours is better. Put your products out to the public and let the consumers decide whats best. Additionally, you literally may not care if someone won't buy your product because of the way you conduct yourself on the forum, but, in effect you are losing customers that way whether you want to recognize it or not. This, of course, will continue to hamper your success in what is already an incredibely small market. And yea, we get it, you're a "genius" and you don't care at all; but if that's the case, maybe this venture is better off as a part time hobby in lieu of a full time gig. Just some (hopefully useful) advice to consider.

For what its worth, Chris has been working on my car for years and I wouldn't have it any other way. I don't have one negative thing to say about him or his business in all of the times I've been there. In addition, Jeff is an excellent mechanic, and I never have to worry about anything when my car is in the shop. It seems to me that the negative responses to this (and the other thread) are from people who are angry that their experiences haven't been like mine, and for some reason have decided to take out their frustrations on a new turbo kit (I'm still confused about the logic there) but it is extremely obvious that these guys are in the minority. But then there are others who, from what I can tell, don't even own an NSX and haven't even been around for a year that feel the need to chime in with uninformed comments. Do me and everyone else a favor, please do some research first before posting in the future because it is obvious you don't know what people like Chris and Danny have done for the community.

Ugh, time for a drink .... Ketel One anybody?

I think someone posted earlier that it wasn't one particular thing but a build-up and history that lead to everything. Correct me if I'm wrong. There's secrets about parts and a handful of things only probably about 1% of Nsx owners actually know.

Stephen

I think someone posted earlier that it wasn't one particular thing but a build-up and history that lead to everything. Correct me if I'm wrong. There's secrets about parts and a handful of things only probably about 1% of Nsx owners actually know.

Stephen

There are no secrets or any other explanation for this behavior that I can understand other than what I have already detailed here:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1332694&postcount=2

Please do not buy in to any conspiracy theory, imagined or otherwise.

I suggest we all focus on our business, our products, and our customers and all will benefit.

regards,
-- Chris

There are no secrets or any other explanation for this behavior that I can understand other than what I have already detailed here:

I suggest we all focus on our business, our products, and our customers and all will benefit.

regards,
-- Chris

Excuse me Chris... but didnt you say you were gonna address me once... and only once.... oh right... you corrected it and put...

[ADMIN NOTE: I consolidated some messages here because things didn't read right after I moved messages out of another thread and another party deleted one of their messages. Chris@SoS approved these changes and they do not change the substance of any of his previous posts]

and your typical dismount is .. Cheers... not Regards.. would you like to use Regards.. I'll take Cheers? I would like to separate ourselves.. because were not the same.

Welcome to the classic Nike - Reebok / Coke - Pepsi / Bud light - Miller Light showdown. Wait a second.... welcome to De Beers

So here's the Sherlock Holmes version...

The only competition you ever had for this car is a crook who ships 2 out of every 3 orders. I am NOT new to this car.. and Danny is right.. there are only a few of us left.

Every single time Dali rips someone off.. your register rings.. hell ... it rang today...

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1332106&postcount=3

The guy has no where else to go....

Most NSX owners come and go... cars sell on prime all the time... more sell away from it.... but cars are changing owners.. and there arent that many of them...

Dali benefits the most from this.. He knows there are approx 13k NSX's... but every year there are 17k owners.. as the car changes hands.. most the people he rips off go away.. new owners come...

Most of Dali's "positive feedback"... been buying for years... same great service.. That’s a whole new case ... I'm going to need Watson to help me figure out how he handpicked some long term owners.. he didn’t get them all though. Danny doesn’t buy from him...

For some reason.. Mark Johnson isnt allowed to go to NSXPO.. he isn’t allowed to be an NSXCA member.. but he's allowed to stay on here... I realized why when I spoke to LUD... The guy could be a mediator.. He almost gave me advice.. then said.. look.. i'm not your daddy... He is right... I stood by my word and I'm out of here... your benefit.. the community doesn’t.. I accept that.. but I did try.

Your comment to me was....

Ross (STMPO) -- you've never explained to me why you have so much hate for ScienceofSpeed or me personally.

There is one huge reason.. another pretty big one.. about 20 others... then there was the reason STMPO was manifested.. I can’t stand the prices that are charged for the ridiculous R&D effort put forth by the only Diamond Company in the world (aka - the only NSX part supplier with revenue)

Your monopoly has been bullet proof… others tried your business plan and failed. I tried to make parts instead of being the middle man in them.. I loose.. Owners loose, prices go up, and your typed opinions become fact again… because the other small group of owners who have had the car long enough.. don’t share my skill level.

Didn’t you also type...

Ross (STMPO) -- You approached me a half a year ago asking me to sell your products. I explained that at the time it simply didn't make sense for us. I did not mean to offend you - it was a simple business decision based on how many resources we have to sell and support the limited number of products we offer.

Limited Resources to sell the few products... do you go to work? If you do... you open the doors right... so... I'm like 4 miles from you... what special resources are needed to sell products of a company 4 miles away. A car? Maybe a truck...

Your website is pretty dynamic.. it has a list to the left of new products with pics.. a list at the top with pics.. also labeled feature products...

You lied and said you were scaling back... really... what have you added in 6 months... quite a bit.. what did you take off...

If LUD allows me... I'll copy and paste descriptions from your website and explanations.. I gave him my word I would keep my composure though.

Your comments about my unprofessionalism for trying to focus on MY business, MY products, and MY customers.

Commenting on this would get this deleted...

I don't know why I would need to approve my own message... but Ross@stmpo approves these comments.. I also appreciate my customers.. and I work 7 days a week to provide them with new innovations... I am looking to new customers with different cars.. mainly because chris@sos approves of his profits and manipulates the system in place too much to allow others to share them.

BTW...

I have 23 Threads in the Vendor Experiences...

22 threads are NSX owners posting all positive experiences... 1 thread is a guy in FL that mis-communicated a blower size and hates me... I wish I knew he had a novi 2000.. it would be my 23rd or 23

13 others commented positively about STMPO on other threads started...

so 35 of 36 positive...

2 more if you search STIMPO.. no worries John and Rusky.. I got nothin but love for ya...

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/search.php?searchid=4213686

37 of 38

One more for the search of STEMPO

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/search.php?searchid=4213693

38 of 39

another 22 possitive on trader rating...

60 of 61

The STEMPO was Coz.. who has had his opinion voiced on this very thread.. he even had another one.. posted on someone else’s thread

Re: Ross and STMPO

Ross is a good guy...

Every time I've really needed something part wise or help on something, he's been right there for me as well.

It's not only business with Ross, it's a personal relationship that makes it right.

Not many out there like Ross.

You keep mentioning my professionalize and echoing my childish behavior.

I don’t think it's my professionalize your after.. its the "profit - ism" your worried about.

You were the only other vendor to tackle a rating like that... you were also the only vendor to sell a 10's of hundreds of rear quarter panels at 1900.00 each!

I hated buying those.. the entire widebody on my 240sx was less than that...

In August of 2008! I sacrificed my q-panels and molded them.. I still don’t like selling them to people today... I make 800.00 when someone pays me 1000.00

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109494

In June of 2009..
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123224

So there you have it Chris... I can’t stand that no other diamond company can keep their doors open.

But you will help keep another completely different buisness model open.... call it flowers.. both desired by women... but a complete negative correlation to each other...

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1335198#post1335198

Re: Niguel Motors Engine Drop (Pics)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ramon is a good guy who we've worked with in the past. I'm glad to see his quality of service is paying off with lots of new customers.

Cheers,
-- Chris

Regards

fighting-smileys-emoticons82.gif
fighting-smileys-emoticons74.gif

regards,
-- Chris

Hi Chris,

Thank you for your continued presence with your full line of NSX related parts. Do not allow yourself to be Rossed by a new vendor who offers only niche products within this already very small niche market. I know it is difficult to ignore the frequent Rossings that take place on this forum, but stick to the high road and he will eventually Ross himself out. Thanks again for the diamond service.

Regards and Cheers,

Danny

Hi Chris,

Thank you for your continued presence with your full line of NSX related parts. Do not allow yourself to be Rossed by a new vendor who offers only niche products within this already very small niche market. I know it is difficult to ignore the frequent Rossings that take place on this forum, but stick to the high road and he will eventually Ross himself out. Thanks again for the diamond service.

Regards and Cheers,

Danny
Danny you are a smart guy,been around ect like me,,,why do you keep marginalizing/taunting Ross:confused:

Danny you are a smart guy,been around ect like me,,,why do you keep marginalizing/taunting Ross:confused:

Good question Doc-I'm glad you asked. As you said, we're both smart guys and we have been around for a long time. We have seen owners and vendors come and go, but I have never seen a vendor such as Ross. I (have) acknowledged that he offers quality parts for the members at good prices but at what cost? Constant harrassment and hostility towards other vendors? I personally think this low-brow method should be discouraged and if that means entering the fray when I have no dog in this fight, then that is what I am doing. I was asked by another member about double standards. I think in their defense of Ross, others are running a double standard. Fear of Ross leaving? Try SOS leaving. We patronize an incredibly small market and aside from the small numbers and a bad economy, let's not add a hostile environment as another hurdle/disincentive to do business in the NSX market. TURBO2GO gave the analogy of a talented emotional employee (just like Ross) whom he has to keep in the back and "I don't allow him to deal with my customers". Well, Ross has been dealing with the customers...all of us. Just because it's not his business doesn't mean that a double standard does not exist in this example. I have great respect for many (TURBO2GO, and others) who are apparently on the other side of the line on this issue, and that's the beauty of a forum such as Prime.

Best Regards,

Danny

(On the road to Philly to drop my daughter off to med school!)

..... I heard he made it because people were complaining his site isn't as easy to browse as SOS's.......

That is very true.

I have never ordered from Dali for the following reasons:

1. stories about fuzzy product delivery dates
2. The site has all these strange verbiage which breaks my "3-5 second captive audience rule"

Dali seems to have good prices from a glance and many products, but those 2 items killed it for me.

Good question Doc-I'm glad you asked. As you said, we're both smart guys and we have been around for a long time. We have seen owners and vendors come and go, but I have never seen a vendor such as Ross. I (have) acknowledged that he offers quality parts for the members at good prices but at what cost? Constant harrassment and hostility towards other vendors? I personally think this low-brow method should be discouraged and if that means entering the fray when I have no dog in this fight, then that is what I am doing. I was asked by another member about double standards. I think in their defense of Ross, others are running a double standard. Fear of Ross leaving? Try SOS leaving. We patronize an incredibly small market and aside from the small numbers and a bad economy, let's not add a hostile environment as another hurdle/disincentive to do business in the NSX market. TURBO2GO gave the analogy of a talented emotional employee (just like Ross) whom he has to keep in the back and "I don't allow him to deal with my customers". Well, Ross has been dealing with the customers...all of us. Just because it's not his business doesn't mean that a double standard does not exist in this example. I have great respect for many (TURBO2GO, and others) who are apparently on the other side of the line on this issue, and that's the beauty of a forum such as Prime.

Best Regards,

Danny

Understood,have a safe trip.

Ross,

What is this that I'm looking at?

Is it a wiper arm piece that is designed to work with a Front strut bar? And still preserve the use of both wipers?

Close.. it is an replica of the OEM Bracket that uses both wipers... The arm that has the two round ball steel inserts exsisted on the OEM braket.

Our Bracket maintains use of the driver wiper only. The The top round ball steel insert connects the driver wiper to the bracket... the bottom round ball steel insert connects the bracket to the motor.

I will work on a visual aid for this today.

Regards

Best Regards,

Danny

The thing is Danny, despite anything we do, this will all sort itself out. Some will be turned off by Ross, and won't buy any more because of how he speaks or whatever, and some won't. Some will like Chris's products, and some won't. You see even a 60% trader rating for Dali doesn't stop a lot of people. He sells, despite this overwhelming amount of stuff you read on the forum. So although it may seem like our opinions or comments are a big determining factor affecting vendors, they really aren't.

If I was buying a turbo, I'd have detailed conversations with SOS, STMPO, Cody, Angus, Autowave, everybody. Then I'd make a decision. I think you are concerned that somehow Ross points something out and you feel that will hurt another vendor. Really??? I mean are people that dumb that they can't judge a product or a company on their own? I think you need to give more credit to people. Do we really need to "protect" vendors?

The economy will determine whether they stay or go. If there were 10 NSX's in this world, then there would be no SOS. If there were triple the size, we may have triple the number of vendors. Our ranting here won't make anyone stay or leave. Believe me. Money is what determines that.

I say let the ranting go on. Let Ross or anyone else say whatever they want. Let people vote, complain, praise, point fingers, stay quiet, speak their mind, whine. Put it ALL out there and it will sort itself all out. I am totally against any sort of censorship/protection.

I mean are people that dumb that they can't judge a product or a company on their own?

So your saying....

Bud light has drinkabilty

Miller light Tastes Great and less filling

But the real difference is how the beer is made?????

My point is right in line with this... De Beers Slogan is

In 1947, De Beers' ad agency came up with the massively successful slogan "A diamond is forever,"

There is no other company slogan... Just like the NSX market.

Regards

Re: Check out the SOS turbo kit!

Ross (STMPO) -- you've never explained to me why you have so much hate for ScienceofSpeed or me personally. You approached me a half a year ago asking me to sell your products. I explained that at the time it simply didn't make sense for us. I did not mean to offend you - it was a simple business decision based on how many resources we have to sell and support the limited number of products we offer.

Chris, I can't believe the amount of sales you generate with the limited number of products you sell and the resources you have aquried in 9 years.

However, being an NSX owner for 11 years, and in business for nearly 9, I know that this does not represent the NSX community whom we have the utmost respect and admiration for

Today we recived a package for a client of ours.. charging $4.95 to put a key in a box instead of a padded envelope with a stamp truely shows the respect and admiration you have for the NSX community... The package did have to go 4 miles.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I hope you are able to increase your resources so that the clients you have aquired over the past 9 years dont have to pay $1.25 a mile for shipping. Were gonna go ahead and take $4.50 off the price of our shipping price to him to accomodate for his loss.

BTW - the post office will except envelopes and boxes with SOS tape all over them.

Regards and Cheers... not sure which one to use anymore

Attachments

• P1020514.jpg
    P1020514.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 572
  • P1020515.jpg
    P1020515.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 570
  • P1020516.jpg
    P1020516.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 564
  • P1020517.jpg
    P1020517.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 568
I personally think this low-brow method should be discouraged and if that means entering the fray when I have no dog in this fight, then that is what I am doing. I was asked by another member about double standards. I think in their defense of Ross, others are running a double standard. Fear of Ross leaving? Try SOS leaving. We patronize an incredibly small market and aside from the small numbers and a bad economy, let's not add a hostile environment as another hurdle/disincentive to do business in the NSX market. TURBO2GO gave the analogy of a talented emotional employee (just like Ross) whom he has to keep in the back and "I don't allow him to deal with my customers". Well, Ross has been dealing with the customers...all of us. Just because it's not his business doesn't mean that a double standard does not exist in this example. I have great respect for many (TURBO2GO, and others) who are apparently on the other side of the line on this issue, and that's the beauty of a forum such as Prime.

Best Regards,

Danny

Danny,

Congrats to all of your kids accomplishments... it seems they all found there way to an above average college... you should be proud.. and I think you are.

And thank you for continueing to bash me.. it's the first time in 2 years I had a thread get looked at.

Stop harrasing me and I will never take a shot at you... But people listen to you because your cars accomplishments.. which I have only made fun of because of your closed mind towards my accomplishments.

Bashing looks like this...

attachment.php

The SOS website doesnt state that most of thier coolant tanks have cracked on the weld line. I should be able to voice that they do crack and yes they do still make and sell them.

From what I have learned on the news.. Toyota is fixing their gas pedal problem... it's to hard to say what would happen if they were the only car maker.

So stop calling me a child because I am giving people the information they should know... and i'll stop firing back with things like this..

attachment.php

You re-posted how you basically told me I was idiot because our turbo kit makes more power with an ATA. Our kit has a 1000 hp ATA core. So since this is the only thead anyone ever read... you should know that NSX owners ask me this all the time.. your words do educate people.

All WTA and ATA's have hp rating based on the size... WTA's add weight and more parts to fail. FXMD spent tons of cash on CFD design work (Real R&D takes time and money)

Ken said not to show the CFD files and I respect my customers so I cant. But here is the new ATA set-up the fastest production car in America

attachment.php

You will know if it works after the results of the next race. Also called... Track tested performance... which it what our company did make for the NSX. But I couldnt portray that to enough of them.

Regards

Attachments

• fxmd ata.jpg
    fxmd ata.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 562
  • irony_nike[1].jpg
    irony_nike[1].jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 564
  • Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 569
Status