• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Stoking the fires of West Fest!!

Okay gang its only a few weeks to go until our weekend in Kelowna. I know not much has been said lately but I for one don't want to let people forget how much fun of a weekend this is gonna be. A few pics of the Manteo Resort and a local beach next to the resort might not hurt to inspire us to believe that the weather will be nothing but SUNNY AND WARM!! We should get a plan of routes to be taken from various starting points. So people can plan to meet at a certain place and time to travel as a group if they so choose. Lets hear it guys I want to see some chatter about the 'Fest. We should be counting down the days now....

Attachments

• contest-grand.jpg
    contest-grand.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 58
  • rotarybeach01.jpg
    rotarybeach01.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 46
  • manteo-resort.jpg
    manteo-resort.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 51
what's the weather like now?

ya how much snow are we talking about??

SNOW? - HA! we are gonna have to change your name to "snowman"

Question... If you are coming to kelowna , will you bring the snow with you there too?

Dont worry, there's no snow now and with temperatures forecasted to hit the 20's it will be smooth sailing now no doubt. I wish i had made a snowman and run it over with my NSX last weekend, it sure would have made me feel good!

Dont worry, there's no snow now and with temperatures forecasted to hit the 20's it will be smooth sailing now no doubt. I wish i had made a snowman and run it over with my NSX last weekend, it sure would have made me feel good!

man - why mess up your car like that?

We do have concerns coming from Alberta through the Mountains.
I think next time we have to reconsider the time of year.
Hope things clear up for that weekend.
Trev

+1 with the terrible weather as of late we have had, Maybe u forgot the Rogers pass, u are on the other side where its warm but revelstoke is probably packed with snow in the mountains, from Lake louise to Golden to Revelstoke I have seen some pretty nasty snow build up on the Highways,

Brent

+1 with the terrible weather as of late we have had, Maybe u forgot the Rogers pass, u are on the other side where its warm but revelstoke is probably packed with snow in the mountains, from Lake louise to Golden to Revelstoke I have seen some pretty nasty snow build up on the Highways,

Brent

Brent,
You better be there !
If you have to GET A TRAILER,rent a TRUCK and TOW,LOL !
I want to see this thing.......no excuses.

Brent,
You better be there !
If you have to GET A TRAILER,rent a TRUCK and TOW,LOL !
I want to see this thing.......no excuses.

Sorry I been so busy, April was hell lol,
I am trying my best bud, all is looking good so far,
won't be no excuses as K town is a 2nd home for me in the summer alot.
I been working nite and day for weeks to finish my list I made in December what a list and u always open more cans of worms as u get into it more, I think thay call it the PIPE.
I am down to the replacement of the stereo, this will start to happen monday, got screwed around till now from other people who where going to help me with the cut out and hopefully a working astray.

I really appreciate all the help you did for me Stacy with the parts, and Rex too can't thank u guys enough, :smile:
The outcome looks amazing in my opinion, I recommend the Stacy signature series parts to anyone, I think I have them all now? Guess u will have to wait n see what my broken back has done to this car lol.

Oh yea forgot I need a wheel alignment too next week sometime, anyone hear of those new alignment machines that cost $70k or so and u do not have to raise the vehicle up, not sure how in works if the car is over a pit and use lasers or something? , a mechanic next door to my shop was telling me thay have this now, guess I will have to get the name from him and call around, I want to find a shop like this cause its a headache to lift this car.
also any recommended alignment numbers from anyone, I want to save the tires a little I was thinking 2mm or 3mm toe instead of the 4mm from acura, any suggestions?

A little update I had a friend come here to my house on tuesday from Kelowna and said the roads were fine all the way here to Calgary from Kelowna, a little gravel and a few bumpy areas but no snow,which is good news for us Albertans.
Funny I was offered to take the car by trailer there lol from my friend on his way back wednesday,as he had a empty load in a closed trailer, but I really want to drive it there and back to prove the turbo is fine for long distance.
Dam only prob I thought of, theres no where to store anything in this car, I have to ship my belongings there lol.
Anyone else have this prob? or think about it.

Maximumyield

OK, I have decided that rather than opt out or drive something else if the weather is bad (and I mean if it even threatens to rain ) I will trailer my car there! ( my car is mostly made of paper mache' and watercolor paint) so If I can go to this length then you all have no excuse ! you guys' in alberta can just get a car carrier!

Brent , if you want my opinion on alignment specs, pm or call me !

AND - if I drive my car I will also have the problem of where to put stuff! - Solution ... F450!

OH ya - and Stacy if you want we can make your P-car fit in the box of the truck - I just bought an assload of sawzall blades!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
OH ya - and Stacy if you want we can make your P-car fit in the box of the truck - I just bought an assload of sawzall blades!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ROFL,Wil I bought this car to drive !!!!
But if you want I could use that saw for you,cut here,fiberglass there and ..........Wil's NSX looks like a Porsche !
I could do this for you Wil,let me know.
NO rain,snow,sleet will stop me.........OK I may have to trailer as well !
If the roads are like they were last weekend I am driving it.
You may even get to see the Stacy's sideskirts for a 997 S porsche !
Parts are at the paint shop along with the GT3 rear bumper.I just hope I don't run out of time as well...Damn I hate cars !!

Stacy

Ps What day and what time is everyone leaving at ?

Brent, if we are driving down together out of Calgary early friday morn, then we can throw some stuff into my little trunk. All I need is my cowboy boots and speedo!!!
Cody said he can put me up for the nite or I can just get a hotel for Thursday nite. Have you talked to others about going down friday am?
Let me know,
T Rev

Hey guys,

I won't be going to West Fest because I will be shooting fools up and getting shot up as well that weekend.

But if anyone needs a portable Garmin Navi. I got one for someone to use.

Brent, if we are driving down together out of Calgary early friday morn, then we can throw some stuff into my little trunk. All I need is my cowboy boots and speedo!!!
Cody said he can put me up for the nite or I can just get a hotel for Thursday nite. Have you talked to others about going down friday am?
Let me know,
T Rev

OK - so you are talking about "cowboy boots and speedo" , then you want to talk to others about "going down friday am"

I'm up for almost anything - but - this is starting to sound like a different kind of "weekend" .

My buddy and I are in a position to do Friday morning also. Sounds like a few will be ready to go at that time.

Tim

PS I'm not taking my speedo.....:eek:

My buddy and I are in a position to do Friday morning also. Sounds like a few will be ready to go at that time.

Tim

PS I'm not taking my speedo.....:eek:

which position ?

and how will you tell how fast you're going without a speedo.

Ok, Tim, set it all up and I'm in to go.
7 or 8 am sounds good, but you guys decide.
It would be nice to have 4 of us or so.
Trev

I will not be able to make the trip to Kelowna. My Grandson will be coming to town that weekend and I will be staying home to be with him.

Back