• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Storm-relief money spent at strip clubs

The letter from the volunteer is real, just that the original author is not a Dr. I read it on my space the day after the original volunteer posted it. All the comments that followed were quite funny. Talk to any paramedic or policeman that has worked at any of the refugee camps. They will have stories that will make you want to move back to Europe.

I was just watching the news at lunch here. There are about 1,000 refugees (or whatever they are being called now) being housed at a local army national guard base. They started all of the kids in local schools right after they got here and even provided free counseling at the school for them.

They announced today that they won't be providing counseling anymore because very few of the kids are actually showing up for school. This despite free bus service that would not normally go anywhere near the base. They said that after several days of only 4 kids showing up, they decided to end the program. The state tries to do something nice and provide things for free and they don't even take advantage of it.

I say we dont help them, They dont want it, THEY didnt want to leave...THEIR OWN FAULT...this is b/s...I say we all leave and let them decided for them selves what to do...yes I am in disgust, mainly afters reading lifsthard's post from the doctor

White92 said:
What do prudent white people have to do with being a locksmith?
It is about what someone does with their talents. Someone who has the energy to carry a TV out of a store without paying during a hurricane also has the same amount of energy to carry an old lady to safety.

steveny said:
It is about what someone does with their talents. Someone who has the energy to carry a TV out of a store without paying during a hurricane also has the same amount of energy to carry an old lady to safety.
Oh I get what you're saying. That comment was purely a joke. I guess I forgot to put a :biggrin: after it.

White92 said:
Oh I get what you're saying. That comment was purely a joke. I guess I forgot to put a :biggrin: after it.

It's all good, you gave me a chance to think of a better Metaphor anyways.

Back