• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Stripes on a NSX!!!!

I know this must seem like blasphemy to some, but are there any NSXs with attractive stripes. I absolutely love the look of the black/silver stripe Ford GTs and wonder if similar stripes would look good on a NSX. Don't worry, they would be vinyl and removable. I've seeen some on a Lotus Elise which also looked great and I had to ask if they were painted on. After 15 years, a different look would be nice for a change.

Racing strips are a thing of the past, mid 1990's...

Don't do it.

Racing strips are a thing of the past, mid 1990's...

Don't do it.

lamborghini-gallardo_lp550-2_2010_1280x960_wallpaper_01_580.jpg

ferrari-360-challenge-stradale-side-3_73.jpg

Ford_GT_in_red_with_white_racing_stripes_Kae_Davis.jpg

112769d1235565541-racing-stripes-co-elise-tgpr1b.jpg

Ahem. :wink:

It's your car. Go with what YOU like.

Everyone here will have an opinion based on what is best for them, not you. Besides, since they will be vinyl as you noted, you can remove them if you don't like them.

hi, my Singapore NSXer, I have a NSX in R pearl white with black top and white R rims, thinking of doing something similiar to yours with red. Any chance of seeing a few more shots of your toy so I can use as reference. After 20 years of ownership, time to do some refreshment.:smile:

Here's another way of doing it.

Wow, that actually looks quite nice.

Hmmm....I have a close friend with a vinyl business. Maybe I ought to give this a try.

I had stripes on my last Eclipse in the mid 90's....

If done right, anything can look good so don't be afraid to try something new after all it's not permanent anyways! I love the Ferrari Stradale stripe and wouldn't mind trying it one of these days just for fun.

Post up your final result here but remember to keep the color contrast consistent and tasteful (look at past Ferrari's for reference)

A lot of guys here think an NSX should be left stock riding like a 4x4 and they link that is cool too! :rolleyes::eek: yuck!

If I do it, it'll be matte black on my gloss black finish. :cool:
4x4's are cool, i like FJs!

Great to see a couple pics of NSXs with stripes. Anyone else have any? I'm surprised but I've personally never seen an NSX with stripes. Here's a pic of the black/silver Ford GT. Wish I knew how to put it directly into the post like all you technological geniouses :) Speaking of which, is it easy to photoshop these on to a black NSX to see what it would look like? We've been talking about top stripes but alot of cars lok good with side stripes similar to these. The Ford GT actually looks ugly without both sets!

Attachments

• black-ford-gt-high-resolution-widescreen-wallpapers.jpg
    black-ford-gt-high-resolution-widescreen-wallpapers.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:
Ummmm, no thanks!

This one is an automatic, with wood kit..AWESOME!:eek:

CarsNSXsChandlerATL018.jpg

Please be liberal with your imagination. This was a 3 sec google search :)

nz67fb-albums-67-fastback-matt-black-le-mans-stripes-picture592-driveway.jpg

porsche-cayman-s-edition-11.jpg

Looks cool, just do it with vynal and it will be reversible......:cool:

imho you should do what pleases you, but on the other hand you must be prepared and not take offensively the comments you will get.

Wow, that actually looks quite nice.

Hmmm....I have a close friend with a vinyl business. Maybe I ought to give this a try.

Unfortunately, these stripes were painted on. I didn't really have a choice with the matter, since it was bought used. They don't look all that bad.

In any case, it is being serviced at the moment. I hope to get more photos of it soon, once it comes back.

IMO it looks good on some cars which seem to made for it IE: GT40, AC cobras, Scuderia, Balboni edition gallardos etc.
Nsx wise it would be based off of colors (contemporary). Your grey's, blacks as someone mentioned above with black contrast and texture differences may pass including a white one with possibly a pearl affect stripe with an off suit of color tone. Personally on an NSX it's your ride and stepping out of the comfort zone is part of life, vinyl it to get a feel but I would never paint it even if someone asked myself to do so.

=g=

I dont think stripes on this car isnt to bad. I wouldnt do it to mine but everyone to their own. I found one more example.

Attachments

• Acura_NSX_Pearl_White_Leon_Zaino_1.jpg
    Acura_NSX_Pearl_White_Leon_Zaino_1.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 62
  • Acura_NSX_Pearl_White_Leon_Zaino_2.jpg
    Acura_NSX_Pearl_White_Leon_Zaino_2.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 58
I dont think stripes on this car isnt to bad. I wouldnt do it to mine but everyone to their own. I found one more example.

I actually like the white/blue. Looks sharp.
Still not for me, but the best I've seen. Reminds me of the old Mustangs which I suppose is the look they were going for.

Back