• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

stunning 2005 for sale

Just a heads up.....I took a ride out to see the 05 red on red that is listed for sale on here and autotrader owned by Phil Marsh....the car is a gem. It has 12k on it and I can verify that it is in better condition today than the day it came off the showroom floor. The owner is an old time car guy who has treated the car with the respect it deserves.. I struck a deal for it but after 2 sleepless nights pulled out. The car is beyond perfect and was too perfect for what I am looking for.....in my opinion it is investment grade and needs to be preserved as such....I have been around alot of cars and this is hands down the nicest, best cared for 05 on the planet....Just wanted to let fellow members know in case anybody is looking for a 05, you can buy this one site unseen and will not be disappointed.. I still cant believe a walked away from it and am sure I will long regret it. If you want any info pm me.

How can you - honestly - be disatisfied with the best?
  • Are you blaming your standards of maintenance? (Maybe this'll raise 'em.)
  • Or irrational fear that it'll be damaged somehow? (All cars can be.)
  • Or some false sense of unworthiness? (If 'nearly' this nice is okay, then this nice is not beyond you!)
I one time 'talked myself' out of a car that I had some of those feelings about, let the car pass, semi-regretted it ever sense. The kicker? No other car I looked at compared.

I'd rethink it. BUT in case you want to let it go, how much and where is it?

I still cant believe a walked away from it and am sure I will long regret it.

If it is within your budget and at a reasonable price point, then why not buy it.

Like others have said before here on Prime,: "buy now, cry later"

If you opted out because you want a car to drive thats more suitable for daily driving or track runs, good idea because there are cheaper options available which leaves cash for tires, mods, lessons, swanky race trailer, etc.

If you are offering an objective inspection of the car, perhaps write up the details and include the VIN so there is a record of it here on Prime for other's benefit.

(Matching interior fan salivates, wants to hit Mega Millions quick to secure this beauty) I figured Dr. Marsh's 2005 to be all that. Good on you for seeing it in person 'cause I'd suuuuure like to! :eek:

I captured the VIN upon his first "for sale" listing. Hope the new owner finds NSX Prime and puts up plenty of photos for us to admire. :smile:

Just a heads up.....I took a ride out to see the 05 red on red that is listed for sale on here and autotrader owned by Phil Marsh....the car is a gem. It has 12k on it and I can verify that it is in better condition today than the day it came off the showroom floor. The owner is an old time car guy who has treated the car with the respect it deserves.. I struck a deal for it but after 2 sleepless nights pulled out. The car is beyond perfect and was too perfect for what I am looking for.....in my opinion it is investment grade and needs to be preserved as such....I have been around alot of cars and this is hands down the nicest, best cared for 05 on the planet....Just wanted to let fellow members know in case anybody is looking for a 05, you can buy this one site unseen and will not be disappointed.. I still cant believe a walked away from it and am sure I will long regret it. If you want any info pm me.

You should PM RobD. Sounds like this is right up his alley.

Maybe it's because I'm from Cincy and a Reds fan or maybe it's because I am genetically predisposed to red (I have several red cars by what I thought was chance) but I have seen pics of Red/Red NSX's and think that it looks incredible.
If I get a piece of property sold soon maybe...:wink:

You should PM RobD. Sounds like this is right up his alley.

Thanks for looking out for me Paul!!! I actually saw this on autotrader but the red/red is a bit too much for me. But I'm right there with you guys...if you buy the best example you can afford then there are no disappoinntments...:biggrin:

How can you - honestly - be disatisfied with the best?
  • Are you blaming your standards of maintenance? (Maybe this'll raise 'em.)
  • Or irrational fear that it'll be damaged somehow? (All cars can be.)
  • Or some false sense of unworthiness? (If 'nearly' this nice is okay, then this nice is not beyond you!)
I one time 'talked myself' out of a car that I had some of those feelings about, let the car pass, semi-regretted it ever sense. The kicker? No other car I looked at compared.

I'd rethink it. BUT in case you want to let it go, how much and where is it?

I agree. Having a car of this caliber in the hands of someone who clearly respects it cannot be a bad thing. Also, unless this car is left to rot in a garage it will eventually have some wear. Just don't let little things that need attention slide. Fix them as they come up (don't put little things off until there are so many you just don't want to deal with it) and you'll be surprised how mint you can keep a car. My daily driver has 215,000 miles and is almost indistinguishable from a new one. Sure it's going to take a lot of love to keep it that way, but it's worth it for a car like this '05.

Now, how would it be possible that you can "verify" the car is now at 12k miles better than brand new?
Steve

Cuththroat.....I know exactly what you are trying to say. I am sure many others understand as well! Sounds like a very nice ride!

I considered buying it several months ago but just couldn't get myself convinced that a red car with a red interior would work for me! Reminds me too much of the red/red 1968 Plymouth Fury III my Dad bought new. He gave it to me in 1976 when I got my license. Man, was that alot of red!!!!

Now, how would it be possible that you can "verify" the car is now at 12k miles better than brand new?
Steve

Red on red is a bit of a clash for my taste but I think you should buy it and enjoy a gem

Red on red is a bit of a clash for my taste but I think you should buy it and enjoy a gem

+1

If it were White or Black with Red interior, then the combo would be suitable enough for my taste. But the OP should buy what he prefers and enjoy it! After all, it's still a pristine example of an NSX regardless!

3887 miles only

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/searc...N_FRANCISCO-OAK-SAN_JOSE_SJ&rdm=1317362082245

Would you turn down sex with a gorgeous woman because you wanted to save her for some other guy? You only live once.

Back