• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Super Charger?

OK, I had a 95 Porsche Cab, and purchased a 94 NSX a year ago w/ 1,100 miles. Only 1 PORBLEM...AUTOMATIC, I know, I know...But, I figured since I got the car for 40K I can do some trick stuff to it. I lowered the car 1.3 Inches, HKS Exhust, HKS Airbox, Comptech Headers, and a re-programed ECU. I have 18 inch HRE wheels in the front, and 19's in the rear. I have powdered coated brakes (red) and cross drilled roaters. I had a custom Alpine Stereo installed w/ bas box behind passanger seat. THIS CAR TURNS HEADS. I never thought I would drive a frigin Honda, and now I am sold. The car screams, in-fact mt friend has a 5 speed 95NSX and I smoke him, but I need more horsepower. I was thinking about a Comptech Supercharger, but they want 10,500 for it, and I already have close to 20K in extras in my car...ANY SUGGESTIONS??Look in Galary if you want to see my car, the pic is old, before I did the brakes. HRE used this pic for an ad. The wheels are 547 Models.

Look in galary under LOADED NSX placed today...Waiting for suggestions!!!!

[This message has been edited by 94NSXGUY (edited 10 November 2000).]

Well, make it 30K in mods for your car. Just joking, but I know someone just put in 45K in performance parts, all at once on his 91 NSX. This is a tough call, the most fun I ever had with the car is at the road course and with an Auto, I don't know how fun it will be on a road course.

As for the comptech SC, is 70 rwhp all the time worth $10K for you? Also I think with the SC your chip has to go and you need to upgrade your transmission. I would think the chip currently advance your timing. Maybe you should get a ride with a SC NSX and then determine if it is worth the money.

Are you sure the automatic transmission can handle all that horsepower? I thought the automatic couldn't even handle the stock 270 to 290 hp, and that's why the engine in the automatic is de-tuned to 252 hp.

I would advise against putting a supercharger on an automatic car for that reason, unless you are prepared to replace your transmission if you toast it.

You might want to ask the folks at Comptech and see what they say about this.

Guys,
Thanks for the great information. I did not know that the trans might have problems with the Horse Power. I have no clue wheere i am on the HP. With the ECU, Headers, Exhust and Airbox I am currently at?? 290HP? I live in Southern CA, and used to race my porsche at a place called Willow Springs, and it was fun. I brought my NSX up there for only 2 laps around the track, due to I really don't want to spend 1,600 to replace my tires. The car was AWESOME, and it being an automatic did not really kill the performance to bad... I guess my big problem will come when it's time to sell it...Anybodys wife want to buy it when I sell it? I am going to paste some pics of the stereo, custom seat covers, Piaa lights I put in, etc.

Have a great weekend and thanks for the great info.It sucks now knowing that a CIVIC might come up next to me and blow me away. That was a joke.

94NSXGUY,

I find that there're quite a few people want auto NSXes. Some even consider them rare, especially with rare color combinations. The fact that you smoked a stick 95 says something about your auto. Keep it and enjoy it!

What color is your 94? What chip do you have (Dinan?)

94NSXGUY,

Thanks for the picture. Pretty sharp looking toy!

Please keep us posted about what your next upgrades are going to be. Have you contacted Comptech or Level10 regarding the transmission?

Back