• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Superchargers

Does anyone know if you can build boost off the line with a supercharger.In my Supra,because its a 6 speed,it doesnt build boost until its under a load.I dont mean to sound naive,just curious.

Joe

------------------
97 NSX-T
93 Supra TT BPU+

Not much is good enough for me.Im so excited about this BBSC I ordered a set of drag radials.I know the NSX isnt really a drag car but if it can put down 400 rwp(in the 3.2)then Ill be in the 11's.My Supra puts down slightly more power,weighs 500lb's more,and runs 11's.This should be fun.

Joe

------------------
97 NSX-T
93 Supra TT BPU+

Hey Joe, What's up! It will go in the 11's easy, and much easier to drive that a supra on the dragstrip in my opinion!

------------------
Jason

You should be able to get into the 11's with drag tires. With the additional traction you will be able to launch at a much higher RPM, which will supply more boost and horsepower.

I would guess you should be running low 12's with stock tires and high 11's with slicks. Of course your launch and shifting have a great deal to do with it though. It sounds like you already have good technique if you are running 11's in your Supra.

Have fun and report back on your numbers.

Oh I almost forgot, around here if you run in the 11's you have to have a full roll cage and drivers suit and a few other things I can't think of right now. So if you run in the 11's you might not be running for long.

[This message has been edited by Carguy! (edited 14 November 2001).]

Originally posted by nsxbadboy:
Does anyone know if you can build boost off the line with a supercharger.In my Supra,because its a 6 speed,it doesnt build boost until its under a load.I dont mean to sound naive,just curious.

Joe

The CT SC does not build boost until under load. This is because it has a vacuum-operated bypass valve that closes (forcing air through the blower) when there is demand.

Originally posted by dswartz:
A 50 shot of NOS will solve any off-the-line sluggishness in a boosted car.
Ha Ha ,Yea I can imagine it would.Ive considered it on the Supra but shes got 100k on the odometer.I havent heard of a bypass valve with the BBSC so maybe theyre only for the whipple chargers.

Jason,Whats up?Hows your beast running?

Joe

------------------
97 NSX-T
93 Supra TT BPU+

NITROUS IS THE OFF THE LINE CURE FOR EARLY POWER BEFORE THE BOOST KICKS IN.USED PROPERLY A ''SMALL'' BREATH OF COOL INTAKE AIR IS THE HEALTHIEST THING A WARM MOTOR YEARNS FOR ESPECIALLY HOT SUPERCHARGED INTAKE.MY FRIEND INSTALLED A 75 SHOT ONTOP OF HIS TWIN TURBO SUPRA NOW THE CAR IS EQUALLY BALANCED FROM LOW TO HIGH RPM.WE PUT A 50 SHOT INTO MY 1000 HP 35 LB BOOST SUPERCHARGEDAND AIR TO AIR INTERCOOLEED 88 MUSTANG GT AND SOLVED AN OVERHEAT PROBLEM AND DROPPED FROM 9.50'S TO 8.90'S 1/4 MILE ET'S.GO N.O.S.

------------------

could you just use a nos setup and fill the bottom with c02 for those that dont want to use nos but have the benifit of cold air off the line or while driving...

Back