• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Supercharging a new car

You might be without your new car for some time if you ship it directly to Comptech - as they still seem to be somewhat of a "ify situation" as to when/and if, they will actually be in full operation.:wink: Something else to think about, relative to discussion of whether to go FI or mod NA - if your new ride has any warranty, the mod NA would very likely "fry" that warranty, unless you had a very understanding dealer!!:rolleyes: Whereas, at least the CTSC is even smog approved (as I understand) and Acura was more accepting of this mod (again, understanding dealer goes a long way to help!!)
I have 30k miles on my 2000 full comptech package (SC, Headers, Exhaust) with no problems - it's still an E-ticket ride, even if I have had a rough day!!:biggrin: Relative to the question of whether adding SC would add or detract from you car in future (not counting the "fun factor" you will already have "ridden out" , I think it is more a case of possibly changing the "market profile" of the potential buyer. There are some that will insist on only Stock, and others that will look at total package and evalute accordingly. That why even ice cream is not just made in vanilla!

Guys I just bought a 2005 NSX with 3700 miles on it. The car is in Texas, I am in Boston. I was thinking of sending the car to Comptech in CA and having them install the supercharger, headers, exhaust and airbox. I figure that they will do this better than any local shop. I want it done right.

It would be more cost effective to send the car to Comptech California from Texas, than to have it come to Boston, then go back and forth again.

But I am hesitant because I have never even driven my NSX, so I am not sure how badly I will want it supercharged. I know that my previous car was faster.

You guys that own NSX's, especially ones that have done the new CTSC, do you think I should have this done right away or am I perhaps going overboard too fast?

Last, would you, if you were to buy my car from me down the road, be willing to pay a few thousand extra for a Comptech supercharged car installed by Comptech or would you prefer to buy something stock? Am I adding or taking value away from an 05 low milage car by supercharging it?

You might be without your new car for some time if you ship it directly to Comptech - as they still seem to be somewhat of a "ify situation" as to when/and if, they will actually be in full operation.:wink: Something else to think about, relative to discussion of whether to go FI or mod NA - if your new ride has any warranty, the mod NA would very likely "fry" that warranty, unless you had a very understanding dealer!!:rolleyes: Whereas, at least the CTSC is even smog approved (as I understand) and Acura was more accepting of this mod (again, understanding dealer goes a long way to help!!)
I have 30k miles on my 2000 full comptech package (SC, Headers, Exhaust) with no problems - it's still an E-ticket ride, even if I have had a rough day!!:biggrin: Relative to the question of whether adding SC would add or detract from you car in future (not counting the "fun factor" you will already have "ridden out" , I think it is more a case of possibly changing the "market profile" of the potential buyer. There are some that will insist on only Stock, and others that will look at total package and evalute accordingly. That why even ice cream is not just made in vanilla!

Thanks but... Have you read any of the rest of this thread? As mentioned before TWICE, this thread is from April 2006. My car has been supercharged for over 1.5 years now.

Back