• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

T-minus 20 hours and i'm already feeling NSX withdrawl

well i had to fly back to NC to visit the 'rents for the 4th of july, anyhow so
when i flew in, i was already experiencing NSX withdrawl so i just had to rent a car other than a toyota corolla.... so i figured, well some semblance of a sports car might give me a small fix.... oh was i wrong..... so i ended up renting a Canary Yellow V6 Convertible Mustang..... (the only semblance of sports car they had at Hertz)..... after about 5 minutes I wanted to cry LOL, so yeah, i never really appreciated how low the effective ride height was in the NSX, in the Mustang i swear i could look eye to eye with people in SUV's... also turning and stopping felt like the brakes were made out of pancakes and the suspension was made out of Tempur-pedic foam.... anyhow... just thought i'd rant about how much i miss my car (its only been 20 hours.... LOL) i dont know how you guys can stand it when its out for a month (or 2 years - damn len you must have buddha like patience)

khappucino said:
well i had to fly back to NC to visit the 'rents for the 4th of july, anyhow so
when i flew in, i was already experiencing NSX withdrawl so i just had to rent a car other than a toyota corolla.... so i figured, well some semblance of a sports car might give me a small fix.... oh was i wrong..... so i ended up renting a Canary Yellow V6 Convertible Mustang..... (the only semblance of sports car they had at Hertz)..... after about 5 minutes I wanted to cry LOL, so yeah, i never really appreciated how low the effective ride height was in the NSX, in the Mustang i swear i could look eye to eye with people in SUV's... also turning and stopping felt like the brakes were made out of pancakes and the suspension was made out of Tempur-pedic foam.... anyhow... just thought i'd rant about how much i miss my car (its only been 20 hours.... LOL) i dont know how you guys can stand it when its out for a month (or 2 years - damn len you must have buddha like patience)

No doubt... My NSX isn't a daily driver, and I really miss it.. My daily driver is a pretty nice ride too (M3).. I did everything I could today to drive the NSX, but didn't work out..

-Jer

khappucino said:
i never really appreciated how low the effective ride height was in the NSX, in the Mustang i swear i could look eye to eye with people in SUV's...
That is no joke. Our SLK feels like a small truck now when I drive it. :eek:

I rented a canary yellow mustang V6 convertable while I was in Miami for New Years Eve. Terrible but better than a taurus and still helped with the tanning :biggrin:

BRIDGEWATER ACURA said:
I rented a canary yellow mustang V6 convertable while I was in Miami for New Years Eve. Terrible but better than a taurus and still helped with the tanning :biggrin:

haha very true, i think next time i'll rent a giant SUV so at least i can tote around my 12 best friends :biggrin:

khappucino said:
haha very true, i think next time i'll rent a giant SUV so at least i can tote around my 12 best friends :biggrin:

like my favorite show "ENTOURAGE", except their rockin' Maserati Quattroporte's and Maybach's :tongue:

I rented a Chrysler Sebring convertible when I was in Cali recently. It wasn't really all that bad, except when I needed to pass or accelerate up a hill. It had NOTHING under the hood.
Didn't quite have the NSX withdrawals though. Really made me miss my TL more than anything.

Back