• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Taitec GT exhaust RULES!

My local NSX buddies Andrie Hartanto and George Wang was really generous with their time and helped me install the exhaust on Friday evening... the exhaust is everything I had hoped it would be... the sound, the quality and the appearance is just perfect! I almost don't want to tell you guys about this exhaust because I want to be the only one with it.
smile.gif
I believe I am now the first person in the US to have one of these on the car. I'll have pictures and quicktime files available on my site: www.granturismo.com hopefully this evening. Its amazing how much difference this exhaust has made for my car.... I'm so happy!

[This message has been edited by kenjiMR (edited 16 July 2001).]

I wonder how much better(or worse) it'll sound if you had the race pipes(cat repl. pipes). Any ideas?

------------------
Richard
NSXTASY

The cat bypass pipes were available at George's house that night and I was SOOO tempted to put them on, but I wasn't sure how Chris would have felt without asking first, so I didn't. I will purchase those after my next smog check and do the headers then too. From what George and Andrie says, the exhaust should sound a lot more edgy and loud. It sounds good without it as well, but I want to do the straight pipes for the extra 5HP or so.
smile.gif

Catalyst bypass pipes may or may not improve performance at all. See the end of the Exhaust section of the FAQ here.

[This message has been edited by FAQ Nazi (edited 16 July 2001).]

The straight pipes do increase throttle responsiveness, contribute to a louder and more aggressive sound, however, their hp increase is questionable on a normally aspirated engine like the NSX.

By 'the seat of my pants' the car feels quicker on the top end with the straight pipes.

-- Chris

------------------
SoS_logo.gif

www.ScienceofSpeed.com - Click for more info
www.NSXClassifieds.com - The internet's only exclusive NSX Classified site!

i ordered my taitec gt the other day. i made the decision based on kenjiMR's little rave review (and also because thats all i can afford). if it turns out sounding like a coffee can, so help me god.. i'm going to drive 2000 miles (or fly southwest, which is cheaper?) to cali and heads will be rolling.

interested to put the same on my 91 RHD auto. please advise any improvement in take off. do you suggest putting DC headers also. i know Taitec will save some weight and my present system is 11 years old so no pain in changing into the new one. plan to import from Chris, SoS. Do you take the cat convertors off with Taitec as we need annual emission test here for older car.Merci!

pacacu --

1. The DC Headers and exhaust will result in a gain in HP probably just shy of 20 hp (dyno in progress to confirm).

2. The TAITEC exhaust is a cat-back system, meaning that the catalytic converters are not removed to install the exhaust. Threrefor, the exhaust should not have an effect on emissions.

3. If you want to remove the cats, the 'Straight Pipes' will accomplish this.

Cheers,
-- Chris

------------------
SoS_logo.gif

Originally posted by NSX4U2:
How does this system compare with the Comptech system in material quality (304 SS), price and sound?

Thanks,

97-T @ 18K

I just installed the Taitec GT and I have headers, Gruppe M super cleaner and the Cantrell Air Intake System. I replaced my Comptech exhaust and I don't hear any real difference between the CT and the Taitec with the mods.

Originally posted by Brad:
I just installed the Taitec GT and I have headers, Gruppe M super cleaner and the Cantrell Air Intake System. I replaced my Comptech exhaust and I don't hear any real difference between the CT and the Taitec with the mods.

why did you make the change?

Hi all,

I have a near new Taitec GT Parallel exhaust for sell.
http://www.scienceofspeed.com/products/exhaust_airflow_products/SoS_TAITEC_family/GT_Parallel_Exhaust/

It has a little less than 50 highway miles on it. Yes, 50 miles to and from NSX modified 2 times. I had it installed last week thursday. It is in the same condition as it was fresh out of the box. People that knows me knows how clean I keep my car. This exhaust is everything that the review claims, race car sound and world class workmanship... but I have to let it go... long story.
http://www.nsxprime.com/ubb/Forum13/HTML/000099.html http://www.nsxprime.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/002130.html http://www.nsxprime.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/002180.html http://www.nsxprime.com/ubb/Forum13/HTML/000092.html http://www.nsxsc.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/000571.html

SoS list is $895 + shipping from Japan ($70)and local freight ($29.90). If you were to order it from SoS, your final cost is $996. I'm selling it to a local member for $900.

I also have a set of brand new PowerSlot OEM size (91 to 96) rotors for sell. Still in boxes and plastic wraps. They go for as low as $370 a set. I'll sell them for $350. My lost is your gain.
http://www.daliracing.com/v666-5/catalog/index_browse_part.cfm?focus=365

These items are for local pickup only. I don't want to ship the exhaust and risk damaging it. Email ([email protected]) or call me @ cell 310-489-9110.

Chris

Install time largely depends on how rusted yoru exhaust bolts are. I can take off and replace an exhaust in under a half hour if the bolts come off easy. Make sure to wD40 the bolts the night before you do the install. DanO (linked to from my site... NSXConnect > DIYs... has a good write up, as well as Brent Cobb at nsxsc.com / NSX Garage...

------------------
SoS_logo.gif

Originally posted by RichH:
I just ordered a Taitec GT Competion Exhaust. I look forward to hearing it on my 95. For you guys that installed the GT yourself, how long did it take??

When I installed the Gruppe M exhaust on my '91 the hardest part was removing the old exhaust because of the rusty bolts. I sprayed very liberal amounts of penetrating oil the night before as suggested here. I still could not get the bolts off using my wrench-- very frustrating experience!

I ended up having to use a portable compressor and impact wrench-- that took the bolts off quite easily. Lesson learned: If you can't get the bolts off easily, don't mess around and get ahold of the proper tools. It's not worth the frustration and risk of rounding off the bolts.

Before installing the new exhaust, I installed an anti-seize compound to the rusty threads. (I would highly recommend doing this!) If I have to remove the exhaust in the future, it should be easy and not require an impact wrench next time.

one of the tips on my taitec gt is bent. i think the fed ex guy dropped the box on one end. any ideas on how i can straighten this out? if you look at the tip head on, it's not completely round... there is a flat section.

Back