• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Taitec GT Parallel Exhaust Review

I just installed Science of Speeds Taitec GT Parallel Exhaust. I replaced an RM Exhaust which was the best sounding exhaust until I tried the Taitec. All I can say is that the new Taitec sounds different than any other exhaust I've heard on the NSX. I believe I've heard most of them except for the rare breeds such as Tubi, ARC Titanium, etc...

The Taitec GT has a low rumble at idle. Not as loud as the RM, but more crisp. Moving through the RPM range, the low rumble changes to a louder, fierce purr as it reaches redline. It's the most race-like sounds I've heard for the NSX so far. The build quality is exceptional. Welds are much better than what I've seen on the comptech and RM (B&B) exhaust. It also looks great on the car.

If anyone in San Diego wants to hear it, drop me an email and we'll pick a place to meet.

Cheers,

Dave

My Science of Speed TAITEC Parallel Exhaust was installed earlier this week. I do have DC headers with factory cats.
The sounds of TAITEC Parallel Exhaust is a nice quiet rumble at idle. But watch out at higher RPMs you will enjoy the MARRRVELOUS crisp sounds of an F1 scream. It even gets better at wide open throttle. Inspite of these it does not drown regular conversation and I still enjoy my car audio system but I notice lately that I have not been listening to my radio and instead enjoy the sounds of TAITEC.
Chris have been very professional and knowledgeable.

NSXKRZY,

Joe

[This message has been edited by NSXKRZY (edited 02 August 2001).]

[This message has been edited by NSXKRZY (edited 02 August 2001).]

I just installed the Taitec Parallel exhaust last week on my car. One bolt was being troublesome but otherwise an easy install.

Now that I've had it a week, it is really starting to sound sweet! The first few days it still had a tin can sound, but it's nice now. It's even more fun driving topless
smile.gif

I haven't done any non-freeway driving yet so I can't tell if there's a performance difference. I probably never will tell. But it looks great and sounds fantastic. From what everyone else had said, it was pretty much what I expected. Quiet with no throttle, but real beefy when you get on the gas. Exactly what I wanted, since I can drive steathily when I need to
smile.gif
but still sounds great when I want sound. It's like having a volume control attached to the throttle.

-tim "just installed my carbotech panther plus pads today and can finally stop" meekins

Back