• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Talk about BS! *pic*

112892.jpeg

:eek:

I think that is in relation to a test Car and Driver did years ago. They said the M3 was the best handling. The Prelude Si Type SH was the best Handling under $30K.

Where did you find that image? That is a very old ad. Not that it was accurate when it was new, but it's certainly not relevant today.

The Bimmer is an E36 M3, and the Ferrari is a 355. All that was really hot stuff 10 years ago! :wink:

dave22 said:

Hmm.. I think you are right. I don't think the Lotus has scoops in the rear and I don't EVER recall anyone saying an ELAN handled worth a crap. :biggrin:

I had an E36 M3 that looked almost exactly like that and it was a very capable car for sure. I am not saying that it would wipe the floor with some supercars, but I can tell you it would give them a serious run for their money.

Meeyatch1 said:
I had an E36 M3 that looked almost exactly like that and it was a very capable car for sure. I am not saying that it would wipe the floor with some supercars, but I can tell you it would give them a serious run for their money.

I concur. And I'll add that it depends on your def. of handling. The last gen M3 had fantastic steering and was very easy to drive. I felt like I knew exactly where all four wheels were and what they were doing at any given time.

Sure, others in that pic might post better lateral g's, etc. but can you really say that the Viper handled better than the M3? Maybe on a pool table smooth race course but in the real world... probably not.

Damn I feel old, I had that magazine, I think it was road and track...... :frown:

Meeyatch1 said:

I had an e36 M3 as well and the NSX handles much better and so does the porsche, lotus and possibly the supra. The elan is like a little go-cart....very,very fun and now super cheap but still an Isuzu :biggrin:

BRIDGEWATER ACURA said:
I had an e36 M3 as well and the NSX handles much better and so does the porsche, lotus and possibly the supra. The elan is like a little go-cart....very,very fun and now super cheap but still an Isuzu :biggrin:

My wife and I were thinking about getting an M Coupe ('01 or newer) and a '99 M3 to replace some cars later this year. What have you seen these selling for at auction or dealer wholesale?? The prices seem to be all over the board on retail.

I love the e36..there just fun. that said... I'll be getting an Rx7 next.

Back