• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Tampa Area Body Shops - NSX Hit and Pushed in Parking Garage

Any recommendations on body shops in the Tampa or surrounding area? What about in the unlikely situation the chassis is bent? </SPAN>

Just moved to Tampa a few months ago, and yesterday someone hit my parked NSX in the right rear area (she obviously was very distrated, as she pushed the NSX three feet.......as she went around a corner). :mad:
Pics to follow.</SPAN>

Most troublesome is my insurance company (actually her and I happen to have the same insurance company) so far is treating the NSX like a Civic, telling me to take it to some random place down the street for an estimate. Even if the chassis isn't bent, for obvious reasons I would rather take it to a top notch place.</SPAN>

BTW, I normally post under "Rated NSX" but I'm having password issues right now, so had to create a temporary account due to the urgency of the situation.</SPAN>

I would strongly recommend contacting Shawn. He has a shop in Tampa within a mile of the airport. If he can't fix her, he will send you in the right direction. Good luck!
Eric

I can fix that in a day. LOL PM me I think Eric gave you my number but I have 2 NSX's in my shop getting full repaints and one color change. Im your man

Shawn

- - - Updated - - -

they moved your NSX that far holy geez...

I would have walked up the whole garage and found the car with passengerside damage as you can see the color of the car on your car.

- - - Updated - - -

has to be a SUV

- - - Updated - - -

Just dont take it to Ferman Acura collision center, I buddy took his red NSX and they did a full repaint, he paid 9K for the paint job... he brought it back to me to repaint it cuz they did a sh_t job runs in the paint some parts were not even fully painted it was a joke. so he had me re-paint it again cuz he wasnt taking it back to them.

Shrink, thanks.

Shawn, thanks. Luckily a friend of mine happened to be in the garage....Either way the girl reported it to the apartment front office and contacted me. Yep, 2013 BMW SUV (X3). Good to know about Ferman Acura.

Now I have to deal with getting a stupid estimate from "Bubba's Auto Collision".

you could take it to Ferman, or Crown, or another dealership for the estimate. they are going to cost it high more than likely. no need to take it to uncle bubba's garage for that.

anywhere but ferman acura collision like i said I have seen NSX's they have painted not good. the worst I have seen. I cant say anything about crown as I ahve not seen an NSX from them yet.

OK, so if you haven't gotten it taken care of yet. My man here in Sarasota is Kevin Greshock at KR automotive. You know you shouldn't know your body shop dude by his first name... mine's Kevin!

He did a complete repaint of my formerly Brookland Green '96 and it's now Sebring Silver. Brilliant job. Kevin has worked on my '66 Corvette, my Lexus's when the were hit, and always, always did a fabulous job.

http://www.automotiveclinicbodyshop.com/

anywhere but ferman acura collision like i said I have seen NSX's they have painted not good. the worst I have seen. I cant say anything about crown as I ahve not seen an NSX from them yet.

Shawn,

I am not saying they should do the work, but they can give him an estimate for the insurance company.

She had enough courtsey to report it to the apartment office. If that happened in orlando, the driver would have driven away. Someone hit my s2000 at a gas station. He didnt realize that I was in the drivers seat due to the dark tint. I had a little car chase till I blocked his way and called 911. He tried to deny he did it but the gas station had cameras

Try not to claim it through insurance, it will show up on the car fax

Shrink, thanks.

Shawn, thanks. Luckily a friend of mine happened to be in the garage....Either way the girl reported it to the apartment front office and contacted me. Yep, 2013 BMW SUV (X3). Good to know about Ferman Acura.

Now I have to deal with getting a stupid estimate from "Bubba's Auto Collision".

Chris I thought you were saying go there LOL dumb me...

he has lots of options its basiclly a respray on the rear bumper possibly the bumper stay, and he better pray its not the quarter panel bolt thats welded to the chassis right were it was hit.
you can bent them back into place but if it ripped from the weld then it needs to be welded. heres a pic of what i am talking about

- - - Updated - - -

2013-09-26_12-23-24_142.jpg

Back