• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

TCS light on and hesitation during acceleration but no code? Please help

I store my car for the winter as I have done the last several years (run the gas tank almost dry, add Stabil and a full tank of gas, change the oil and hook it up to the batter tender). Fast forward to a few weeks ago I get the car out for the first time and when I am driving the car hesitates once and immediately the TCS light comes on with no other symptoms. I drive back home turn the car off and restart it and the light is gone. I drive another half hour and it does not come on and no hesitation when accelerating. I take the car out a few days later and the car hesitates once and the TCS light comes on, I notice I hear a click on the left side as the light comes on.

I drove home and try to pull a code and nothing. Over the last two weeks I drive it a handful of times and usually the car hesitates once and the TCS light comes on within 5 minutes of starting the car up, but a few times I have driven for 30+ minutes without issue. Each time the light goes away when I turn the car off and I have tried three times now to get a code and nothing. Just today I ran the gas tank about dry of the gas when it was stored and fill up, but the light came back on again.

Any idea? I don't seem to have any other symptoms.

Thanks!

Tks for taking the time to report back. That's valuable. Main relay is one of those things that can cause weird issues. Many people have experienced hesitation that goes away after 3 or 4000 RPM .. sometimes with TCS light .. sometimes not. And it's usually the fuel pump/filter/regulator/resistor .. so nice to be able to isolate the symptoms as you did which will help others in the future.

Back