• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Tech-Shine amazing product!!!

Great report Swerve
I have washed my NSX 3 times and each time I used Meguiars Gold Class Wash that contains wax and after each wash I used Tech Shine and finished with a brillant shine so going by your findings it looks as if by applying a wax wash before tech shine application may be the go
What's your theory
greg

i don't know the formula of 'tech-shine' but it seems to interract with whatever wax is applied on the car- without the wax the product does not work as well, and on completely 'nude' paint it does not work at all (in my case at least). i would say as long as you have a good coat of wax and use wash soaps that are formulated not to strip the wax, 'tech-shine' is a good product that extends the life of your original wax coat (by about 50% in the sun at least) and is user-friendly with nice shine. i will be using it at every wash with 'minimal amount' used on each panel- on a waxed car literally 5 drops will cover the hood.

i don't know the formula of 'tech-shine' but it seems to interract with whatever wax is applied on the car- without the wax the product does not work as well, and on completely 'nude' paint it does not work at all (in my case at least). i would say as long as you have a good coat of wax and use wash soaps that are formulated not to strip the wax, 'tech-shine' is a good product that extends the life of your original wax coat (by about 50% in the sun at least) and is user-friendly with nice shine. i will be using it at every wash with 'minimal amount' used on each panel- on a waxed car literally 5 drops will cover the hood.

Your correct. I spoke with Jim and he said it's importaint that you have a good finish on your car prior to using Tech-Shine. He asked me to bring my car in so he could inspect it. It had just been detailed about a week prior and the paint had been corrected and there were NO swirls. Needless to say when he finished with my car it looked fantastic. I took it back a few weeks ago and same thing. He washed with applied the Tech-Shine and again, it looks fantastic.

After using Tech-Shine, a couple of weeks and washings (just water - no soap) later, the shine and water beading was still good. I then used a carnaba and could see an improved depth difference. +1 on Tech-Shine not being a carnaba replacement but being a good after wash enhancement/wax extender. A good product with potential to extend paint protection.

If you use the Zaino Z-6 or Z8 spray detailer then the number of steps for end result is the same as Tech-Shine, right?

BTW, did you know that a 180lbs man detailing his car for 60 minutes will burn about 365 calories?

http://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/cbc

Since most Americans could use the work out and benefit from a shiny car I always look forward to detailing my car.

Can't wait to try mine tomorrow. I have a reasonably new coat of wax on the car so we'll see how it works.

So what do you think Ken?

From what my seat-of-the-pants dyno tells me about this stuff, I like it. It seemed to shine well and it felt a bit smoother, although this was over a pretty recent coat of wax (but that's what's recommended from what I understand).

It's easy to use and I got a lot of compliments at Laguna Seca about how good the car looked.

I can't wait to try it on the Bumper Dumper. :wink:

Tech Shine....on a rainy day!!!

I just received my kit and it's been lightly raining all morning. A perfect Tech Shine day!!! Pulled the car out of the garage, washed it off and sponged on the Tech Shine. Backed the car into the garage and dried it. The stuff is magic!!! I was a dedicated Zaino user, until I tried this. The shine - even on my '92 GPW is better and it definately is more swirl free.

And....what a great way to spend a rainy day!!!

It was still raining when I shot a couple pics...
NSXright.jpg

nsxhood.jpg

.......It's easy to use and I got a lot of compliments at Laguna Seca about how good the car looked...

Most NSX owners tend to be polite and nice. No one is going to openly say anything but warm and fuzzies.

And the ONLY car color that I trust in evaluating ANY of these sorta products would have to be gloss black.

Some simple Meguirs NXT would suffice for anything else like white or silver since the average person can't really tell.................

Most NSX owners tend to be polite and nice. No one is going to openly say anything but warm and fuzzies.

And the ONLY car color that I trust in evaluating ANY of these sorta products would have to be gloss black.

Some simple Meguirs NXT would suffice for anything else like white or silver since the average person can't really tell.................

This post reminds me of why you inspired me to finally use the ignore feature. I only wish I had logged in before I opened this thread.

So, let me get this straight: Waxes and polishes only work on black cars and people made compliments about the paint on my car because of "warm fuzzies" and because most NSX owners are polite (I guess you are the exception to this rule). :rolleyes:

Thanks, you just saved me a lot of time potentially spent washing my car. Sheesh.

Last edited:
This post reminds me of why you inspired me to finally use the ignore feature. I only wish I had logged in before I opened this thread.

So, let me get this straight: Waxes and polishes only work on black cars and people made compliments about the paint on my car because of "warm fuzzies" and because most NSX owners are polite (I guess you are the exception to this rule). :rolleyes:

Thanks, you just saved me a lot of time potentially spent washing my car. Sheesh.

LOL :biggrin::biggrin:

I'll repeat myself, "the ONLY car color that I trust in evaluating ANY of these sorta products would have to be gloss black."

On black cars it's easier to see flaws, what works and what doesn't.

Stop drinking.

Bought it! Applied it! Looks great on RED! She's a garage queen, applied it 30 days ago washed it once since, still wet looking!

You may think it looks great, but you are just saying that because you own an NSX and are warm and fuzzy. Get real and buy a black car. :wink:

I love my Tech-Shine!!! Thanks Doug.

I'll try to help settle this in a few weeks (PC or not!) when I'm at home for more than a few days.... I'll try it on the black top of my mostly white car as well as the remaining white portion. That way polite and not-so-polite will either tell me the car looks great or like crap.... but I do have to say one thing....

the black roof is much less forgiving than the rest of the car when it comes to that zenmaster perfect shine we're all after.

...Back to the Batcave

You may think it looks great, but you are just saying that because you own an NSX and are warm and fuzzy. Get real and buy a black car. :wink:

I love my Tech-Shine!!! Thanks Doug.

Sorry to revive this thread from the grave. Just wondering if anyone is still using this product and what are their thoughts after a good period of use. Are people still willing to vouch for this stuff? Personally, I'm still using it out of convenience and it does still leave a great "shine". Durability hasn't been that impressive though.

Back