• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Tech-Shine amazing product!!!

Guys, this Tech-Shine is amazing, the shine is awesome and it is so easy and fast to use. I have always use zaino, but the labor involved in wazing was just brutal, i'm using this from now. I also noticed some of my swirl is gone, and having a black car does not help either.

Jim (415)626-3691 at www.tech-shine.com was such a nice guy, i'm glad i tried this.

I have no personal or monetary interest, just want to share my experience with you guys.

anesthesia

YOUR RIGHT :smile:
After reading your praise for Tech Shine I checked the web site and after reading about the product and your report I ordered the 3 piece kit and tried it out yesterday. POW I was completly blown away with the finish.I thought I kept my nsx as good as you could get it but I was wrong,so prime members give it a go I'm sure you won't be dissapointed in the amasing finish.

Can you guys give more detail about this product? I mean, is it as simple as just washing your car? Do you apply it every time you wash? Do you have to buff out the finish when drying or do you wipe dry just as you would with water?

Hi John,

How are you? Good to see you at the run. Have you actually used this stuff? I try not to use water on my car. Most of the time it's Griot's Car Wash for me. Thanks.

Bruce

I just ordered some. I will report back after I have a chance to use it.

Nate in DC

I just ordered some. I will report back after I have a chance to use it.

Nate in DC

Nate,

Let us know what you think. I am going to take my car over to California Detailing next week to have it washed and a second application of Tech-Shine. I asked John if there was a "build up process" and he said there was a small one. We'll see after my second process. But, I have to admit, I was extremely impressed with Tec-Shine. Again, no financial involvement nor interest in California Detailing or Tech-Shine. Just my personal experience.

Please be advised, according to Jim, the better your car's condition in terms of externial factors, the better Tech-Shine will work.

the website shows the application with a simple sponge, would it be advantageous to use some sort of orbital machine, if it serves as a polish?
Directions say to apply when wet, so unless you are using an air buffer, I wouldn't play with electrical devices near water. Besides, I would think using an orbital machine would cause lots of slinging. I could be wrong, though.

Yes guys it is so simple to use,virtually all you are doing is washing your car twice, again its that simple,though I must say applying tech shine after washing your car is even easier than the wash and for the price it's worth giving it a go you won't be dissapointed and if your car is black you will be blown away.I had to pay freight costs to Australia and I still think it's a good deal
greg

finally got to use it- application is easy, the only thing to remember is to use damp sponge and use as little product as possible- 5 drops will do the hood etc (you can see the product cover the surface so if you don't have enaugh product you will notice it). if you use too much you will have to buff it afterwards with a towel and the surface may feel 'greasy', if you use 'just enaugh' then chamois-dry is just fine. good stuff, i hope it will last in the sun like they claim.

I tried it out this weekend on my Lakeshore Silver RL. The results were quite impressive. It is easy to apply and easy to take off. It almost felt like it was not doing anything. However it produced a very nice shine. It says to use a cotton towel to dry. I followed that up with a microfiber cloth wipe down. Afterwords it looked great! The car had a high gloss wet look shine with no swirls. It also leaves absolutely no residue. I usually hate waxing that car because it is so much bigger than the NSX. This time, I really didn't mind. I am going to try it out on the Berlina NSX this weekend. I am interested to see the results on a black car. Its a great product!

BTW shipping was quite fast too!

All the best!

Nate in DC

Let me know how the black turns out.In the past most quick application polymer/not carnuba liquids seem to make my berlina shiny, but flat shiny :confused: ie no depth to it.:frown:

I tried it on my Lexus this past weekend. I can't really say if it made the car any "shinier" or not, since my paint is very well maintained as it is. I can say that the application was very easy and it seemed as though it made drying the water off the car easier than if I had done a regular soap wash. Do any of you feel that way too?

Also, it was hard for me to tell if I was using enough of the product. It wasn't anything like the milky look on the brochure. Instead all I could see was a slightly greasy look on the car. Do I need to use more?

from my experience, the milky look indicated too much product needing buffing afterwards. you can usually tell by the beading of water drops- if you just 'wipe' the surface with the sponge and there is no water beads behind, just dry surface, you don't have enaugh.
i would say it takes a tablespoon to do the hood.

My Kaiser Silver has a black roof and it came up with a far better deep shine that I've ever had, even the fine scratches around the door handle in the black painted area have dissapeared where polish didn't remove them .Hope you all agree that it is an amazing and easy to use polish.Do you agree with me or not, would like to see your comments.
Greg :smile:

My Kaiser Silver has a black roof and it came up with a far better deep shine that I've ever had, even the fine scratches around the door handle in the black painted area have dissapeared where polish didn't remove them .Hope you all agree that it is an amazing and easy to use polish.Do you agree with me or not, would like to see your comments.
Greg :smile:

this could just be a filler.. just "filling the scratches" for the time being, it'll reappear soon

Im sure you didnt apply the polish correctly and thats why they are still there.

I would agree with Dan, this is just a filler, and probably has alot of glaze, other other materials in there to hide the fine scratches and swirl marks. I would let a detailer do a paint correction on the car then apply this and use a caranuba like swiss wax, or P21s on top. Frank

Roger's Review

Alright, I applied this to my Spa Yellow Pearl which has a great base of wax and a great shine on it. I don't feel that it improved what I had on the car, no increase in gloss or depth, as far as will it extend the "life" of the coats of wax that I have on it already, only time will tell, but I'll probably put more on when I'm able to anyway. Maybe on a dark color it has amazing qualities, but as far as my car, didn't hurt didn't help.

i did notice a difference in how the product adheres to surfaces on a waxed and un-waxed cars (doh, right?). the paint with wax removed seems to retain it much better. the big deal about this stuff is not necessarily the huge improvement in gloss over the top-shelf wax, but the ease of application and longevity, imo.

i did notice a difference in how the product adheres to surfaces on a waxed and un-waxed cars (doh, right?). the paint with wax removed seems to retain it much better. the big deal about this stuff is not necessarily the huge improvement in gloss over the top-shelf wax, but the ease of application and longevity, imo.
Was real easy to apply, not sure if it's going to extend the life of the wax under it, like I said, didn't dull the finish, just didn't add any "pop" to it!

Tried it on my NF Red NSX, black Avalon and black camry.

Unimpressed. Easy to use, but no better/worse than anything else I have used. Gives about the same shine as the after wash spray on/ wipe off detailing spray I use. I won't be purchasing again.

not to bash on nsx owners but before buying a "product" might want to read more reviews or at least ask the detailers on this forum what we think.

just my .02 save some $$ for ya'll

not to bash on nsx owners but before buying a "product" might want to read more reviews or at least ask the detailers on this forum what we think.

just my .02 save some $$ for ya'll

The guy that owns Tech-Shine is a detailer. He's owned California Detailing, in San Francisco for over 20 years.

Back