• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Tell me about the NSX

1991NSX said:
I wear size 11 or 11 1/2 shoes - the pedals are really tight for me, I can't raise/lower my gas foot without it catching on the brake pedal. I will have to find thinner shoes for it.

I'm 6'7", 245 lbs, wear size 15 (sometimes even 16) shoes, and drive an NSX and four MR2's. The NSX pedals seem tighter than in the Toyotas but... I basically drive barefoot all the time. I wear flip-flops almost exclusively and I just slip 'em off as soon as I sit in the car. :smile:

1991NSX said:
I appreciate the education, I've searched and read a lot here. But I have lots to learn. Does the trunk stay open? Mine doesn't, is this normal? Seems kind of heavy and I don't see how those struts will hold it up being that they are so close down low on the lid.

Many thanks!
Jim

Don't forget Dali racing. I just bought some engine struts from them. $120 including shipping and were here in 3 days. Acura dealer wanted $155 + sales tax.

Hal_396 said:
Don't forget ***NAME OF FRAUDENT VENDOR DELETED*** I just bought some engine struts from them. $120 including shipping and were here in 3 days. Acura dealer wanted $155 + sales tax.
Sounds like your dealer charges full list. The trunk struts (part number 74872-SL0-013) list for $66.52 and you can get them for $53.22 at Delray Acura, and the engine hatch struts (part number 74820-SL0-305) list for $76.28 and you can get them for $61.02. And Delray Acura is a reputable "bricks and mortar" dealer, where you don't have to worry about whether you will ever receive your merchandise, not like with a web-only vendor with many customer complaints. ;)

Welcome to the club. You know there is still time to register for NSXPO 2006 here in Sunny Florida. You could take a few days off, see the car on the race track (experience it if you would like - kind of like a 3 E ticket ride from old Disney days :biggrin: ) and socialize with a hundred or so of your closest NSX buddies. You would get to see and meet people who have done amazing things to their cars. Come on down and bring a friend...

Congrats on your recent purchase! I am a new owner also, I bought my '91 in July.

You might not know that these cars tended to wear the stock rear tires rather quickly using the alignment specs for that year. At one time, Honda gave owners (3) 500.00 vouchers to help offset some of the tire costs. (I think there was a class action lawsuit).

It has been suggested that going with the 1994 alignment specs will reduce the amount of wear on your tires. Oh, and keep the tire pressures at 33 front 40 rear depending what kind your running.

Enjoy the car!

Back