• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Test pipes

The one thing I love about my GTLW is how quiet it is in the cab at cruising speed but loud at WOT. How loud will it be inside the cab at cruise speed.

Anybody have sound clips of GTLW with cats and without cats

Freeon, this behavior continues. At idle, cruising it sounds veyr nice and you can't tell that it has test pipes. If you start pressing on it gently to accelerate/pass etc, it's still not very loud, it just sounds like you have a quiet jet engine back there.. and the when you step on it at WOT, it goes ARRGHNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN :) The ONLY downside for me is that you ca no longer hear the whiiiiine of the supercharger :( This does make me consider taking it off sometimes.. or finding a way to make the supercharger louders :) (anyone know?)

As you can tell, I like them :) ..though I tink in Cali, you're going to get crap for it. Here in Seattle, I know where the cops are at and I just cruise nicely w/o a problem.

The only "problem" is that on the freeway, they don't have to see you, they can hear you :)

Get it, you won't regret it, and if you want to castrate the test pipes, I have silencers I can sell you.

Last edited:
Hey guys thank you everybody for all your feedback.You have definitely convinced me to try a set.Since I live in Canada and only get to drive the car in the summer I will get it done this winter and let you know this summer what I think.

Slownsx you said you are considering taking them of so you can hear your supercharge better well I think that's exactly what you should do and send them my way.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Back